Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    I know it was going for a serious tone but its a comedy not a dark drama. Like I said maybe I am too old
    showed that like everyone else in the family, the girl is sick of Frank's stupidity and horrible parenting. she idolized him the whole time he was drunk in mexico. i thought it added a good element of the show, didn't find it funny, but I did find it meaningful.

vCash
    It's not just a comedy. There has been plenty of dramatic moments as well. That was Debbie's breaking point, the one person in the house who actually still liked Frank.

vCash
    it's not just a comedy... that's why it's an hour rather than californication and house of lies, which are more traditional 30-minute comedies on showtime
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    I know it was going for a serious tone but its a comedy not a dark drama. Like I said maybe I am too old
    Like the others said, it's not a comedy. It's a comedy-drama show, or a "dramedy".

There's been plenty of dark drama already. Surprised that jumped out and bothered you so much.

I think it was a very important scene...and it didn't feel out of place. She finally was cracked by Frank's bull ****. The last straw in many, many ways.

vCash
    that was a critical scene in the context of the entire series... it was the breaking point for deb, who was literally the only ally frank had left in the house

and, you know, there's the fact that she's an irrational child who probably would do something like that in real life faced with similar circumstances. not many elementary/junior high school kids wouldn't freak the **** out on their absentee dad like that after being the only one to go to bat for him, then watching him drunkenly ruin your masterpiece...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I thought that scene was great. Probably one of my favorites from the show, especially including the lead up, the guy pissing on the floor.

vCash
    Shameless picked up for a 4th season via twitter.

vCash
    my wife made a pretty good observation of this show (and my enjoyment of it)

she said it's basically a more over-the-top, ****ed up, ridiculous, disturbing, incestuous version of her shows, like grey's anatomy, desperate housewives, scandal, et-al.

girl's got a point... it's the soap opera for dudes who like degenerate drunks, promiscuous sex with barely legal skanks, excessive drug use and anti-establishment behavior.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Yeah, as mention before this show is a guilty pleasure, we dudes get pleasure from watching young hot chicks show their goods continuously and this show does that a lot.

The other antics they do to make money are also fun to watch.

vCash
    I still don't think there's any reason to be "guilty" about it. It's a good show...regardless of how raunchy, disturbing, ridiculous or whatever-adjective-you-want-to-use it is. It's a really well-done show with really solid acting, great dialog and fun story lines.

Just watched this past weekend's episode. Really liked it. They always find the perfect ratio between emotions and comedy. Perfectly illustrated by Kev and V's moment at the end. That was pretty emotional, but they jumped right back into the crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    my wife made a pretty good observation of this show (and my enjoyment of it)

she said it's basically a more over-the-top, ****ed up, ridiculous, disturbing, incestuous version of her shows, like grey's anatomy, desperate housewives, scandal, et-al.

girl's got a point... it's the soap opera for dudes who like degenerate drunks, promiscuous sex with barely legal skanks, excessive drug use and anti-establishment behavior.
    So what you are saying are people like like us like to watch movies that somewhat resemble parts of our lives.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    The teacher getting off on sleeping with young boys started out awesome then turned really creepy. Like at the start I was telling the wife that's every 14-15 year old boys fantasy. Then she made it real freaking creepy.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    So what you are saying are people like like us like to watch movies that somewhat resemble parts of our lives.
    That and probably makes most of us feel better about out ****ed life/past knowing that theres probably really families really like this. This family makes my look normal.

Also am I the only who notices a lot of continuity **** ups? Its not a big deal, but just something I noticed. Like when lips girlfriend (glad they finally showed her ****, dont remember if they had before) confronted the teacher, it was dark. After that they go to a scene in Fionas room and you could tell it was clearly light out through the windows. I dont usually nit pick shows, especially shows that dont try being wjat they're not. Just wondering if anyone else noticed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    That and probably makes most of us feel better about out ****ed life/past knowing that theres probably really families really like this. This family makes my look normal.

Also am I the only who notices a lot of continuity **** ups? Its not a big deal, but just something I noticed. Like when lips girlfriend (glad they finally showed her ****, dont remember if they had before) confronted the teacher, it was dark. After that they go to a scene in Fionas room and you could tell it was clearly light out through the windows. I dont usually nit pick shows, especially shows that dont try being wjat they're not. Just wondering if anyone else noticed it.
    yeah i noticed that too

like you said, i'm not one to nitpick a show like this (regarding continuity) that doesn't take itself seriously. shows like the wire, BB, homeland (which i gripe about a lot) incur that onus by putting themselves out there as intellectual shows (although lumping homeland in with the other two shows is an affront to intellectualism and great tv-making...). they deserve to be critiqued more seriously than something like this or californication.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    yeah i noticed that too

like you said, i'm not one to nitpick a show like this (regarding continuity) that doesn't take itself seriously. shows like the wire, BB, homeland (which i gripe about a lot) incur that onus by putting themselves out there as intellectual shows (although lumping homeland in with the other two shows is an affront to intellectualism and great tv-making...). they deserve to be critiqued more seriously than something like this or californication.
    Agree completely. Ive only seen a couple episodes of homeland though. Didnt get to catch it from the beginning, but liked what I seen.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast