Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Mets #5 Prospect for 2013?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luis Mateo

0 0%
  • Rafael Montero

1 3.57%
  • Cory Mazzoni

0 0%
  • Hansel Robles

0 0%
  • Wilmer Flores

19 67.86%
  • Brandon Nimmo

6 21.43%
  • Gavin Cecchini

0 0%
  • Jeurys Familia

0 0%
  • Michael Fulmer

2 7.14%
  • Domingo Tapia

0 0%
  • Amed Rosario

0 0%
  • Cesar Puello

0 0%
  • Aderlin Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Darin Gorski

0 0%
  • Collin McHugh

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

2013 PSD Mets Forum #5 Mets Prospect

There is no major difference dude between the two dude. 2-3 mph their is some not 1 mph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I'm struggling between Flores and Nimmo.

Flores on one hand has legit bat, and as a 3rd baseman it should be enough. He has the arm and hands to play there.

Nimmo is a Nick Markakis type of player, an above average ball player but right now not a star.
    That was the debate for me as well, and I voted Nimmo, but was thinking I should have gone for Flores based on age. Just the fact that Flores is only 18 months older and already performed in AA. I think Nimmo has the better tools, but not by *that* much.

vCash
    I went Montero, I voted Flores last time, but does he really have a position? Montero is gonna be fun to watch this year, but still 3 yrs from contributing.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    I went Flores because he closer to the big league club.
    I do think Nimmo will eventually be better.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

IMO the first five spots were pretty easy, starting with the next one things get hard. Many guys with good potential, but nobody stands out among them so far like the first five did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I think there is a significant difference between averaging 93 and 94 MPH on your fastball.

Fulmer is 6'3" not 6'2" and he's still not fully developed. You don't max out physically at 19 years old. He certainly has less projection than others his age, but he doesn't have none at all.
    Dave Cameron said studies show 1 mph of average fastball velocity equates to about a quarter of a run of ERA on average, but that's for individual pitchers. So for example, if Santana is a 3.00 ERA guy with a 90 mph average fastball, he should be a 3.25 ERA guy with an 89 mph average fastball. Overall, the correlation isn't as large as that (meaning the average ERA's of all pitchers with 90 mph average fastballs isn't 0.25 runs lower than the average ERA of all pitchers with 89 mph average fastballs).

vCash
    I thiink Flores is vastly underrated. He's going to be a much better fielder than expected, but he's going to grow out of the position. WF has added about 10 lbs a year for 3 years in a row. So, he's noe up to about 195 given his frame 10 lbs. adding lean muscle will to his quickness not subtract.

My reasoning on his defense is simple. WF followed Havens as SS at St. Lucie iin 2010. The comparisons made at the time with Reese Havens was that WF had better range both to the right and left, charged ball better, had better instincts, better hands, and made fewer errors while playing twice as many games as RH did in 2009. RH was 22 in 2009. and WF was 18 until August. The 10 lbs. he added in2011 made him quicker. Thus, if RH can 2B, WF should better than RH, don't ya think?

If WF grows out of 2B, he will be at least 215 lbs,, if not 225 lbs. Estimates of his power in 2010 are no longer relevant, since he weighed only 185 lbs. in 2010. Then he was projected as having 20-25 HR power. If he doesn't gain the weight should be able to play 2B. If he gains the weight he'll p;ay 1B with at least the power of IKE and a much better BA.

vCash
    I do think Flores will be a solid defensive 3B, and at least passable (better than Murphy) at 2B. If he outgrows those positions, yeah he could end up a 25+ HR 1B.

vCash
    Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN
    Prospect Wilmer Flores will continue to play 2B & 3B in the minors, not shift to OF with David Wright re-signing, #Mets officials indicated.

Booyah!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Even if he plays a Daniel Murphy like second base he could make up for that type of defense with his possible offense.

Either way Flores should be a useful asset either through trade or eventually playing 2nd.

vCash
    • During a Twitter Q&A, Mets executives indicated prospect Wilmer Flores will not be moved to the outfield and instead will continue to play third base and second base. Flores obviously is, in all likelihood, precluded from reaching the majors at third base now that David Wright is locked up for eight years.

Flores, 21, hit a combined .300 with 18 homers and 75 RBIs in 493 at-bats bewteen Class A St. Lucie and Double-A Binghamton in 2012 -- in his first year away from his natural shortstop position.

With Maragarita in his native Venezuela this winter, Flores hit .272 with five homers and 20 RBIs in 195 at-bats while primarily playing third base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Even if he plays a Daniel Murphy like second base he could make up for that type of defense with his possible offense.

Either way Flores should be a useful asset either through trade or eventually playing 2nd.
    Either Flores plays 2nd, or he gets traded next off-season for an outfielder.
    That's just my opinion.

vCash
    Murphy's getting traded midseason is my prediction.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Murphy's getting traded midseason is my prediction.
    You are always throwing logical reasoning into my perfectly laid scenarios.
    Damn you to hell!

vCash

What if I said, Murphy is getting traded for Draft picks?

Would that make you happy?

We both know the answer to that question.
    Go Grab My Belt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast