Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Adderall which can certainly be considered a PED, it's stimulate for gods sake, brings a 25 game suspension while marijuana brings a 50 game suspension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Balls. Always sucks when a player is suspended for such a dumb thing, but rules be rules. I want pot legalized but if your employer says don't touch it...be better at hiding it.

Didn't Lincecum get caught with pot once or did I just make that up?
    He got caught with an 8th and a pipe, but I don't believe he ever tested positive for it, maybe that's is why he never got in trouble. I could be wrong on this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    I think getting suspended for weed is the stupidest thing a prospect can do. You stand to gain absolutely nothing by it, yet you're throwing away your future by doing it. Its not like it's going to enhance your performance, yet you just jeopardized your chances with the team just to get high.

Great job.
    It's a rule and law that shouldn't be in place. I'm sure 90% or more of athletes drink alcohol and party a lot with alcohol. Alcohol is much worse for you than marijuana and gets you into A LOT more trouble while under the influence. The ONLY thing marijuana has agaisnt it is the federal governments biased against marijuana which mostly stemmed from prejudices against African American jazz musicians in the 1920s and the lumber industry taking a big hit from hemp which sealed the deal in the mid-late 1930s.

But all in all he should've been more careful.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Depends what you mean by alcohol. Just a glass or two of wine during dinner or to get drunk at a party or bar and be intoxicated in public or out driving? Then again, you can be under influence driving while high on weeds...

Joking...right?

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

vCash
    Reason nothing happened to Linecum is cause I believe that if you are on the 40 man roster or on the MLB roster you don't get tested or cited for weed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    He wasn't going to be in the big leagues this year any way, right? Or at least not to start the season.

So he can still work on everything he needs to be working on up until his suspension is lifted.
    there was talk (mostly just hopeful fans) that he would win the job out of ST. more realistically he was pry looking at june/july call up. now hes probably a late august or september guy
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    there was talk (mostly just hopeful fans) that he would win the job out of ST. more realistically he was pry looking at june/july call up. now hes probably a late august or september guy
    i always wondered if you could smoke if you played for a cali team, or any team where it's legal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    you ****** up, you pay the price. The kid should consider himself lucky. He's not playing baseball in Colorado nor Washington. He's playing in zero tolerance Texas. He's being suspended by MLB, not doing time.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    The fact Marijuana is better for you then tobacco and alcohol makes this ridiculous. I don't even smoke weed any more but I have done the research. This is ridiculous.

vCash
    Why not suspend people for alcohol use too? ridiculous.

vCash
    50 games for bud is ridiculous...

I understand it's illegal and against the rules of baseball but it's obviously not a performance enhancing drug intent on cheating the sport.

It's a recreational drug that ,although should be punishable for using, certainly not to that extent.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-10-2013 at 08:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydanger1 View Post
    Adderall which can certainly be considered a PED, it's stimulate for gods sake, brings a 25 game suspension while marijuana brings a 50 game suspension.
    I have been prescribed Adderall as an adult. It didn't do anything to help me with ADHD because I don't have ADHD. It helped me feel more energetic, and that can certainly help players during the long grind of a season - but what I don't get is why not drink two cans of Red Bull instead?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    dumb
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by doyerfan59 View Post
    Reason nothing happened to Linecum is cause I believe that if you are on the 40 man roster or on the MLB roster you don't get tested or cited for weed
    This is correct.

Which makes the rule even dumber. Sure its against the law, but if you are on the 40 man roster you don't get tested for weed. So I guess the lesson is to wait until you crack the 40 man to start rippin the pipe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    you ****** up, you pay the price. The kid should consider himself lucky. He's not playing baseball in Colorado nor Washington. He's playing in zero tolerance Texas. He's being suspended by MLB, not doing time.
    Yeah, I guess Ron Washington doing Coke in his office is much less serious. Nice job "zero tolerance Texas"

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast