Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Knicks Limiting Amare's Minutes

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...doctors-urging

Not a BIG story, but who do you think gets his minutes at the 4/5.
    Camby, Thomas, Cope.

vCash
    GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Team doctors have instructed New York Knicks coach Mike Woodson to cut Amar'e Stoudemire's minutes after the power forward experienced soreness in his surgically repaired left knee in Monday's loss to Boston.

Neither Woodson nor Stoudemire termed the latest development a "setback" in Stoudemire's attempt to return from Oct. 31 left knee surgery.

Knicks Blog
    Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »

"He was probably a little sore and that's probably the reason for it. So I've got to be open-minded to that and do what's asked. That's the right thing to do," Woodson said after practice on Wednesday.

The coach added that he "shouldn't have" played Stoudemire 28 minutes in the Knicks' loss to the Celtics. That was a season-high for Stoudemire, who has played four games since coming back from the debridement procedure.

Stoudemire admitted that he felt "a little bit sore" after the Boston game but, like Woodson, downplayed the notion that he has suffered a setback.

"I don't feel as if it's a setback at all. I feel great," said Stoudemire, who's averaging 10 points and 2.3 rebounds in 20 minutes per game through four games. "I just think we're taking a precautionary route. Just making sure that everything [continues] to improve. I think that's about it, really. No setbacks, no re-injury, anything like that. I feel great."

Stoudemire played between 17 and 21 minutes in his first three games and logged 28 against Boston, when he was on the floor for most of the fourth quarter.

Against Indiana on Thursday, Woodson said Stoudemire would play between 20 and 23 minutes. He will come off the bench for the Knicks (23-11), just as he's done in the previous four games. Stoudemire's status for Friday's game against Chicago is uncertain because it's the second game of a back to back.

The Knicks, no doubt, will take a cautious approach with their $100 million forward.

"This is a long haul, guys. I'm not going to sit here and jeopardize STAT's situation," Woodson said. "I feel good about what we have with [Marcus] Camby and Kurt [Thomas] and if doctors are saying that we have to limit him, then that's what we have to do."

Any issue regarding Stoudemire's knee is treated with caution because he has a history of knee ailments. He had microfracture surgery on his left knee in 2005. He recovered well from that procedure, but the knee is still considered to be vulnerable. He also has had a procedure on his right knee.

Most teams were scared off by Stoudemire's history of knee ailments during the summer of 2010 when he was a free agent. The Knicks signed the former Phoenix Suns player to a five-year, $100 million contract, but the deal was uninsured because of the condition of Stoudemire's knees.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Woodson said he was going to limit Amar'e mins to 20. But Amar'e is in the game at the 8 min mark in the 1st...may as well start the guy. Camby has been playing pretty good but take him out to early. Maybe now Camby can play a bigger role.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    I think they will gradually work him up just take a little longer. Woody kinda rushed it. Mavs took it way slower with Dirk's minutes. 28 minutes in game 3 or 4 was too much too soon after surgery. He will be fine though.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think they will gradually work him up just take a little longer. Woody kinda rushed it. Mavs took it way slower with Dirk's minutes. 28 minutes in game 3 or 4 was too much too soon after surgery. He will be fine though.
    Yeah if anything Im just happy that he has showed enough to warrant getting those minutes so soon. Im optimistic about MRI eventually getting around that 30 - 35 minute mark as the season continues, and no back to backs. Hopefully we can do that fro Kidd as well when Ray gets back with Shump.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    I have not checked the stats, but I think we tend to be leading when Camby is in the game. His defense and rebounding brings a lot. On the other hand Cope is a better scorer. My first thought is to give the time to Camby.

vCash
    can knicks just cut amare? I'm sick of his face here, reminds me of dantoni being here too much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...doctors-urging

Not a BIG story, but who do you think gets his minutes at the 4/5.
    Camby, Thomas, Cope.
    KMart

vCash
    Why are people acting like this is a big thing? Its 8 minutes less, Camby and some Cope out there, you wont even notice.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksPain View Post
    Why are people acting like this is a big thing? Its 8 minutes less, Camby and some Cope out there, you wont even notice.
    Its going to be the same thing except he won't get the final stretch of the 4th like he got against Boston. I would imagine its going to be similar to the Spurs/Orlando games the way his minutes go. I like the idea of more defense late in games with Camby anyway.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Its going to be the same thing except he won't get the final stretch of the 4th like he got against Boston. I would imagine its going to be similar to the Spurs/Orlando games the way his minutes go. I like the idea of more defense late in games with Camby anyway.
    I dont think Cope should fall out the rotation either, Novak might need some games off to get his head right idk. No way to tell how someone like him will respond to benching but Cope gives us more right now. Wish Woody ran some screens for Novak smh.

vCash
    Amare is looking decent I just want him to return to form by playoffs and explode. Could you imagine a 25 ppg 8 rebound STAT along with a 28 ppg Melo that would be deadly.
    New York Knicks Pride #2014 IM BACK. LETS GO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksPain View Post
    I dont think Cope should fall out the rotation either, Novak might need some games off to get his head right idk. No way to tell how someone like him will respond to benching but Cope gives us more right now. Wish Woody ran some screens for Novak smh.
    Novak ain't beating anybody around a curl screen. Dude moves slow as hell.

vCash
    not good....would anybody be shocked if Amare has to miss more time?
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Not a big deal really.... He hasn't looked too bad out there in limited minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast