Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,216
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Whatever you guys. if you truly think this team doesn't need Love to succeed, at least without getting the equivalent back for him in a trade, by all means, believe it. You are wrong.

    Without Love, we can maybe finish around .500. With a healthy Love playing like he normally does, this team may very well host a playoff series. But, this seems to be going down the path of a lost season at this point, so I am done arguing about this Love crap.
    I do agree with much of what you are saying. But you've got to wonder. Is it better to have Love (and we are talking about last years one) or a slightly less talented player who is happy here and is contributing at both ends of the floor.

    United we Run

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    Name 5 better
    You can't?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Int'l falls Mn.
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    1500
    Completely agree. Love hasn't been himself all year. Just need to get healthy and stay healthy for a 20 to 25 game stretch, then see where we are at. I think even without Love this is an above .500 team.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In a Hotel with Your Girl
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Meh.. I like watching the games without Kevin Love, we fight with 10 times more courage..
    Not me. Showboating and whining + win > hustling + loss.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I do agree with much of what you are saying. But you've got to wonder. Is it better to have Love (and we are talking about last years one) or a slightly less talented player who is happy here and is contributing at both ends of the floor.
    i prefer talent. Just my opinion...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,568
    vCash
    1500
    like I said, you guys are ridiculous if you think this team doesn't need a healthy, engaged Love to make the playoffs or make noise if our completely upgraded roster gets there to begin with.

    Love has become public enemy #1 on this board, and you are oblivious to the fact that he his exponentially the reason we can compete...

    Unless you are happy watching role players (albeit monster upgrade at role players) will us into the 10th seed.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    we had a pretty easy schedule until Christmas, and Love sucking by his terms is still better than any other player we have. I am sorry to be negative, but I think dark days are ahead for us.
    I absolutely disagree with this. A guy 16.6 field goals at a 35% clip while being a sieve on defense is not better than other guys we have. Pek is a guy who has been putting up bigger stats lately, but who also has been better on the year imo. Shot selection (including 4 fewer shots) is a big part of Pek's lower per game numbers being the better stats.

    Love: 18.3pts (ts 45.8%) 14rebs (total rebound 22.6%) 70.4%FT 2.2TO with an offensive to defensive rating of 101/100

    Pek: 16.2pts (ts 55.9%) 8.7rebs (total rebound 15.2%) 78.2% FT 2.4TO with an offensive to defensive rating of 113/104

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Meh.. I like watching the games without Kevin Love, we fight with 10 times more courage..
    I agree with this. I hate players that cant play the ****ing game, who whine the whole game. It is just so annoying and a horrible attitude to have (this is why i also hate Blake Griffen).

    It is actually one of my biggest pet peeves, just play the game because the game doesn't revolve around you.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,779
    vCash
    1500
    Also, i am not advocating a Love trade, if a fair offer comes up sure. He needs to shape up, his bad attitude is pathetic for a grown man. He also needs to wait till he is healed to play, dont try and be the hero again because it hurt himself and the team.

    Are we better with him out? yes and no. The love of last year we would be 50+ games with a healthy roster. Love of this year... well i think his poor attitude is a problem and it hurts our team more than his production helps. (because playing 4 on 5 on D is a good way to win games? )

    It makes me wonder if the "bad blood" he complained about last year were people calling him out for being a baby. (Maybe Wes J told him off, hahaha)

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In a Hotel with Your Girl
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I absolutely disagree with this. A guy 16.6 field goals at a 35% clip while being a sieve on defense is not better than other guys we have. Pek is a guy who has been putting up bigger stats lately, but who also has been better on the year imo. Shot selection (including 4 fewer shots) is a big part of Pek's lower per game numbers being the better stats.

    Love: 18.3pts (ts 45.8%) 14rebs (total rebound 22.6%) 70.4%FT 2.2TO with an offensive to defensive rating of 101/100


    Pek: 16.2pts (ts 55.9%) 8.7rebs (total rebound 15.2%) 78.2% FT 2.4TO with an offensive to defensive rating of 113/104
    If you believe that Love is the guy we have seen this year, then you would be right to dump him. But if Love is the beast we saw last year putting up 20 and 20 with monster 4th quarter performances you would be crazy to trade him for almost anyone. That guy is the best shooter, scorer and rebounder on this team and is the only reason the current wolves roster would be relevant in playoff discussion.

    This team needs the Love of 2011-2012 to do anything significant, and if you all are right that he's more of a liability than an asset to this team, then I think Kahn's whole 'plan' will have to be blown up.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In a Hotel with Your Girl
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I agree with this. I hate players that cant play the ****ing game, who whine the whole game. It is just so annoying and a horrible attitude to have (this is why i also hate Blake Griffen).

    It is actually one of my biggest pet peeves, just play the game because the game doesn't revolve around you.
    That may well be, but I don't hear a lot of Clippers fans complaining about all the wins they are piling up. Count me as a guy that doesn't care if you are an ******* as long as you are on my team and are helping my team win. Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds were dicks, cheaters, and horrible teammates, but would have been great as Twins.

    I'm not looking for heroes - I'm too old, and I've known too many professional athletes to think that any of them would be a candidate for hero status. There simply aren't very many great athletes that aren't selfish and egotistical and highly flawed - and I tend to think that if they weren't they wouldn't get to that level anyway.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,403
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    whatever. This season has gone down the shitter with injuries. It is comical really..
    I've been looking at it this way for a while now. It's almost a conspiracy. (lol) We knew AK would spend time on the bench, that's not unexpected. How can we have our two best players out to start the year, lose Budinger (#5 best player?) for the year, then have Love in and out the way its been. It's unbelievable. I'm past frustrated. I'm numb.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaAJ View Post
    Absolutely not because the lottery hates us.
    pick 6 would have more talent than pick 12.

    Just let Adelman have a say on who to draft instead of KHAAAAN.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    5,431
    vCash
    1500
    Dudes, Kevin Love sucks so hard it's not even funny. D League talent at best. Oh, wait....he has a broken hand. Nevermind. He might whine and ***** a lot, but he is a ****ing beast when HEALTHY!!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    If you believe that Love is the guy we have seen this year, then you would be right to dump him. But if Love is the beast we saw last year putting up 20 and 20 with monster 4th quarter performances you would be crazy to trade him for almost anyone. That guy is the best shooter, scorer and rebounder on this team and is the only reason the current wolves roster would be relevant in playoff discussion.

    This team needs the Love of 2011-2012 to do anything significant, and if you all are right that he's more of a liability than an asset to this team, then I think Kahn's whole 'plan' will have to be blown up.
    I don't want my words to be twisted like people's words were being twisted about Andy Varejao. Healthy Love makes a big difference. Even when he's whining, complaining and serving as a swinging door on defense, 2011-12 Love has an offensive to defensive rating of 117 to 104. That leads to wins. My argument in this thread is that this year's crippled version of the usual egotistical Love is not in fact still better than anyone on our team.

    And yes, I am a proponent of looking into trading Love (that's not saying "trade him for whatever you can get"). I could look back for the exact date I decided upon this but it was before his comments came out. I just am simply tired of his attitude towards defense and playing as a team. This is a fellow who said he'd be okay with his stats dropping "a little bit" if it meant that the team was winning i.e. stats are far important too him. Love hasn't matured at all from last year and that is the problem.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •