Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldyy View Post
    Klove in or out I don't think it changes our chances much to make the playoffs this year. He has all the talent in the world but until he changes his selfish attitude he'll be a loser. I'm a huge Timberwolves fan and it hurts to say that, but on several occasions this year he's hurt us more than helped us. With guys leading us who genuinely care about winning like Rubio, Kirilenko, and Pek I think we have just as good of a shot to make the playoffs with or without Love.
    with the Love of the last 2 years, and this roster, we win 52+ games. We will be lucky to get to 44 at this point. I am sorry, but I don't buy Love not being arguably the most important piece on this team. Just because he has had a poor season doesn't mean he hasn't performed as a top 10 NBA player as recently as last season, when we were in the playoff race after 40 games, with the worst starting wings I can remember seeing on an NBA team.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I think a lot of you guys are really forgetting how good Love is when he is healthy and going, and I think it has to do with the fact that this team is hovering around .500 without his contributions this year. What you are ignoring is the huge upgrades at the wings, and replacing lethargic, don't care backup bigs with energy guys is the reason why we are basically doing what we were doing last year through the first 40, and that is one game over .500. Honestly, this team healthy wins 52-55 games. Remove Love for what he will miss this year, does anyone think we are winning more than 42-44?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    This team does not play better without Love. Fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    with the Love of the last 2 years, and this roster, we win 52+ games. We will be lucky to get to 44 at this point. I am sorry, but I don't buy Love not being arguably the most important piece on this team. Just because he has had a poor season doesn't mean he hasn't performed as a top 10 NBA player as recently as last season, when we were in the playoff race after 40 games, with the worst starting wings I can remember seeing on an NBA team.
    With Love as the #1 option we are not a winning team, not because he's not good enough but his selfish attitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldyy View Post
    With Love as the #1 option we are not a winning team, not because he's not good enough but his selfish attitude.
    you give him this roster, you bet your *** we are a winning team dude. Look at the complete garbage he played with his first 3 years here, and then last year, he has a good PG/C, and the team is a winning team until injuries shotgun us.

Again, some of you are piling on Love, which is fine, but to say we are going to be a better team without him is laughable. The reason we are floating still, is the huge upgrades at the wings, and the depth of our bigs is highly upgraded. It is not because Love isn't playing.

vCash
    But we havent had Love of the past two seasons. We have had Love of this year, which is a liability on the court, on offense, and defense. This year, the team plays better without this years version of Love. Sure if we had Love of last year, we would be a 50+ win team. But so far this year, Love of last year, hasnt been available.

I guess what I am saying is that of the games we have played this year, we are a 500 team. We have players that are getting better every game, that didnt contribute the first half of this year in Shved, Williams, Rubio, even Pek is coming on strong. I can only hope they continue to get better. But with the opportunity for someone to step up, some one will.

Law of physics, if you lose your top scorer, another player will be the top scorer.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    trust me, Love has had a year that demands his fans calling him out, and needs to grow up. But you are crazy if you think we should just flip him now for instance.

vCash
    Whatever you guys. if you truly think this team doesn't need Love to succeed, at least without getting the equivalent back for him in a trade, by all means, believe it. You are wrong.

Without Love, we can maybe finish around .500. With a healthy Love playing like he normally does, this team may very well host a playoff series. But, this seems to be going down the path of a lost season at this point, so I am done arguing about this Love crap.

vCash
    Think about it this way, if we can stay around .500 and in the hunt for the 8th seed what does that say to Love? He would have no room to complain. You add any "top 10" player to a .500 team and they should really improve or the player is not as good as he thinks he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    you give him this roster, you bet your *** we are a winning team dude. Look at the complete garbage he played with his first 3 years here, and then last year, he has a good PG/C, and the team is a winning team until injuries shotgun us.

Again, some of you are piling on Love, which is fine, but to say we are going to be a better team without him is laughable. The reason we are floating still, is the huge upgrades at the wings, and the depth of our bigs is highly upgraded. It is not because Love isn't playing.
    With this roster he's not leading us, Rubio is. I didn't say we are better without Love, I said the it won't make a difference to weather we make the playoffs, with or without Love. Just my opinion.

vCash
    I never said anything about trading Love, I am just saying, with what Love has given us this year on the court, we are better off without him. If he stayed at what the level he was playing all this year.

Love of last year, we have chance at a championship team, or at least a contender.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Ricky Rubio tears his ACL last year, Love gets hurt before the season starts. Brandon Roy is having knee issues (Although there was a good chance that happened regardless). Chase Budinger gets injured out till March, Malcolm Lee gets injured, The guy we bring in because of all these injuries Josh Howard tears his ACL, and now Kevin Love is out 8-10 weeks....

Boy the 1 time in a long time we get a team that could make some noise come playoff time, and all that happens...

vCash
    love brought this kinda talk upon himself. i have no sympathy for him.

vCash
    one thing also... he came back early to try and be a "savior". Shot like crap played like crap cause he was still hurt and rebroke his hand that wasnt fully healed. during the course of that he blames the rest of the teams direction. cant see how you can like the guy.

vCash
    Meh.. I like watching the games without Kevin Love, we fight with 10 times more courage..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast