Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    555
    vCash
    1500
    lets go after Rudy Gay, JJ Redick or even Pau Gasol if we can get him for cheap.. but its the Lakers, so unless there are other teams involved i dont see us getting Pau for cheap.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,627
    vCash
    1500
    we had a pretty easy schedule until Christmas, and Love sucking by his terms is still better than any other player we have. I am sorry to be negative, but I think dark days are ahead for us.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    791
    vCash
    1500
    I dont see this team being .500 when the season finishes. I mean imagine how emotionally draining this year must have been for the team,

    Yes they have been resilient and battled on, but you can only do that for so long. Ricky is going to need to find a jumper or Derrick is going to need to play with the confidence he had at arizona along with better ball handling for this team to even sniff .500 imo.

    I hate to be a downer, but i just think this season is a wasted one.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kaha View Post
    I dont see this team being .500 when the season finishes. I mean imagine how emotionally draining this year must have been for the team,

    Yes they have been resilient and battled on, but you can only do that for so long. Ricky is going to need to find a jumper or Derrick is going to need to play with the confidence he had at arizona along with better ball handling for this team to even sniff .500 imo.

    I hate to be a downer, but i just think this season is a wasted one.
    its starting to feel that way, the only hope we have it the rest of the team plays over its head.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    1,023
    vCash
    1500
    We've played better without Love this year, just because he's out doesn't mean the season's over.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,883
    vCash
    2500
    Rubio - good
    Shved - okay
    AK - good
    Cunningham - okay
    Pekovic - good

    no bench really, with 2 bench players needing to start in Cunningham and Shved, and Chase injured. Our starting 5 isnt too awful, but what was supposed to be a big strength this year, in our bench, is now a big weakness.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldyy View Post
    We've played better without Love this year, just because he's out doesn't mean the season's over.
    not really, and I think you guys are crazy if you think this is a playoff team without Love. The season is far from over, but we opened with an easy schedule, and now need our guys to play way over their heads to have a chance to be in a position to challenge for a spot when Love returns.

    Like Adelman said, you can replace Love for a quarter, or even a few games. But doing so over the course of 20+ games is not happening.

    Here's to Dwill's continued growth in play. We need you to improve at a rate you many not be capable of bud

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    696
    vCash
    1500
    I think Rubio coming back is a larger impact on the team, then Love going out, the way he has contributed this year. I think between Pek, Williams, and AK, they will do a great job making up for the loss of Love. I think we will hold 500 ball, I doubt that is enough to go playoffs, but if we get Budinger back, and Love back towards the end, I think we will be right up there contending for the 8th seed, then hopefully have a healthy team going into the playoffs, if we make it.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    Positive thoughts, think positive thoughts!

    Really though, think about it!

    We have Pek, a top 5 Center

    We have AK, a really good SF

    We have a good combo of PG with Rubio coming back, JJ, and Luke off the bench, is a good trio

    We have Shved playing like a ROY candidate.

    We have Williams starting to look like he is starting to deserve that 2nd pick

    Kahn saying he has the go to make a trade, and add some one that will help the team

    Along with a pretty decent altogether defense.

    Just because Love is out, isnt the end of the world. Sure, it would be nice to have a healthy team, but Love has been out pretty much all year anyhow, and when he was here, he was more of a burden, liability on the court, then what he helped out with any how.

    What I am saying is, we have a chance!
    Bulls fan here, follow the Wolves cause of Pek and have become my second favorite team. I agree with you! You guys are nuts to be saying no playoffs! Honestly, if you just feed Pek the ball the whole game and work off of that you guys will be fine, that is for the guy saying Williams needs to play like the number 1 option. Play through Rubio when Pek faces longer defenders. You guys are severely overrating Love's importance and underrating the rest of your roster. You have pretty much played without Ricky the whole year and you are still in the hunt. BTW, I think Rubio is your best player because he does in on both end of the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by latinofire21 View Post
    Maybe if the Bulls can get healthy they can surpass the hawks but other than that I dont see them cracking the top 4 spots in the east based on Pure record. Obviously they will have a higher spot because they are in a weak division but record wise they wont crack the top 4 by seasons end.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    Not to mention that Love hasn't done **** this year either. 35 from field and 22 from three. You give Pek some shots and let Rubio distribute the rest of them, heck you will get better production. The rebounding Pek seems to not be a problem with Pekovic and Kirelenko there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by latinofire21 View Post
    Maybe if the Bulls can get healthy they can surpass the hawks but other than that I dont see them cracking the top 4 spots in the east based on Pure record. Obviously they will have a higher spot because they are in a weak division but record wise they wont crack the top 4 by seasons end.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    I'm sorry but Pek is not a top 5 center.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    I think Rubio coming back is a larger impact on the team, then Love going out, the way he has contributed this year. I think between Pek, Williams, and AK, they will do a great job making up for the loss of Love. I think we will hold 500 ball, I doubt that is enough to go playoffs, but if we get Budinger back, and Love back towards the end, I think we will be right up there contending for the 8th seed, then hopefully have a healthy team going into the playoffs, if we make it.
    We can't make up for the loss of Love, but if Rubio can impact the game defensively like he did last year, we are not going to let teams score 100 on us, meaning we should stick around a lot of games.

    That is a good point, IF we can somehow make the playoffs, we should have a fully healthy roster going in. Although, with the way this season is going, I can't imagine our injury problems are over. There is always one team that has everything go wrong. It seems that might be us this year.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,627
    vCash
    1500
    Here is a fun project. Try and find me a team, through their first 31 games, that had a total of 130 games missed due to injury on their roster....(that is where we are at this point, with 25 each for Love and Bud still yet to come, and tack on whatever Roy misses going forward, as well as the season for Lee)

    Good luck kids!

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    696
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    I'm sorry but Pek is not a top 5 center.
    Name 5 better
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    1,023
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    not really, and I think you guys are crazy if you think this is a playoff team without Love. The season is far from over, but we opened with an easy schedule, and now need our guys to play way over their heads to have a chance to be in a position to challenge for a spot when Love returns.

    Like Adelman said, you can replace Love for a quarter, or even a few games. But doing so over the course of 20+ games is not happening.

    Here's to Dwill's continued growth in play. We need you to improve at a rate you many not be capable of bud
    Klove in or out I don't think it changes our chances much to make the playoffs this year. He has all the talent in the world but until he changes his selfish attitude he'll be a loser. I'm a huge Timberwolves fan and it hurts to say that, but on several occasions this year he's hurt us more than helped us. With guys leading us who genuinely care about winning like Rubio, Kirilenko, and Pek I think we have just as good of a shot to make the playoffs with or without Love.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •