Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    Albert Pujols was drafted 402 in 1999, that doesn't mean that Pujols did steroids.

Obviously any player that played in that era will have the steroid cloud hanging over them, but I give Piazza the benefit of the doubt considering that he has never been linked to steroids.
    The cutoff is 402... if you were chosen 403 or lower and had a good career, you were on steroids.

vCash
    Sorry to be a wet blanket, but Mike never makes it. There's the 'roids cloud, lack of post season success, and the fact he was a terrible defensive catcher, plus he needs to come up with another 20% of the votes.

vCash
    It was only the first ballot, he's one of the greatest hitting catchers of all time, he gets in
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by futurefailedgm View Post
    is it true piazza and karros lived together for a few summers?
    Yes they did. In Manhattan Beach.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Karros is my man, favorite Dodger ever
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    I'm just disappointed Piazza keeps insisting he wants to go into Cooperstown as a Met, and he doesn't even show his face at Dodger Stadium.

vCash
    If Piazza ever gets in and Bonds doesn't, it's a crime. Piazza was on the **** just like most othrs, he just got away with it.

And for the record, Karros was a horrible hitter when it mattered. Sure he could bash HRs all day when it didn't matter...like a solo shot in 8-0 game, but close games...I remember him choking and choking when we needed him most. I have only one memory of him coming through in a big clutch situation.

Piazza has also shown that he is a Met not a Dodger...so screw him anyway.
    5>2

vCash
    Karros, all time LA recors for home runs.

Will Kemp break it?
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Karros, all time LA recors for home runs.

Will Kemp break it?
    I hope so, and I think so. It's realy one of the emptiest records ever held. It should read most meaningless solo HRs ever.
    5>2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAFord View Post
    If Piazza ever gets in and Bonds doesn't, it's a crime. Piazza was on the **** just like most othrs, he just got away with it.

And for the record, Karros was a horrible hitter when it mattered. Sure he could bash HRs all day when it didn't matter...like a solo shot in 8-0 game, but close games...I remember him choking and choking when we needed him most. I have only one memory of him coming through in a big clutch situation.

Piazza has also shown that he is a Met not a Dodger...so screw him anyway.
    You can say the same about Shawn Green. In clutch situations he would always strikeout or ground into a double play.

I remember Karros being a clutch hitter back in 1995, when he had that breakthrough season. After that season, he became too "homer happy" and was always swinging for the fences in clutch situations, even with pitches nowhere near the strike zone.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 01-14-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Baseball HoF is weird. Why does it matter what ballot you get in on? Either your good enough to be a HoFer or youre not. All the writers will vote Piazza in, but dont want to give him the 1st ballot entry? What's the difference? I dont understand. There should not be tiers of greatness in the hall of fame, the hall of fame should only be 1 tier, the greatest players in history. Makes no sense to me.

vCash
    There are voters in the hall that have publicly said they don't vote for players on first ballot based on "principle".

As you said, it's not right. If a players deserves to get in, he should get in. Not forced to wait because of a voters "voting code", if you will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Was your aunt a dude?
    lol no
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12