Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Based on some of the articles I'm reading, a lot of writers are expecting Norv to go to Cleveland and his son (Scott Turner- our quality coach) to follow. I think if Norv is looking for the best team to get wins, he'll go to Carolina, but if he's looking for something to pad his resume, plus be with his son (who I expect will follow Chud), he'll go to Cleveland. Given how terrible Cleveland has been (6 coaches since '99), I figured Chud will only have 2-3 years at best, so Norv might see another HC opportunity, with his son becoming OC.

vCash
    Apparently we are going to interview Hue Jackson. Like dislike?

The Panthers have requested permission to interview Bengals assistant Hue Jackson for their offensive coordinator vacancy.
    Jackson is also on the Jets' radar. The Panthers' job, of course, will be far more attractive because they have so much more talent in place. It could also be a steppingstone toward another head-coaching opportunity. Jackson's offense is fairly similar to outgoing Carolina OC Rob Chudzinski's with a power run game and vertical pass attack. We'd like that hire for the Panthers.
    Related: Bengals, Jets
    Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
    Jan 11 - 3:00 PM

Also looks like Pat Shurmur is going to be a possibility. That would be a interesting coach swap.

According to the Charlotte Observer, ex-Browns coach Pat Shurmur is also a candidate for the Panthers' offensive coordinator vacancy.
    Rob Chudzinski was pried away from Carolina late Thursday, so replacements are coming to light today. Shurmur has generated little buzz since his Cleveland ouster, even for assistant jobs. He never even appeared to be on Andy Reid's radar as a Chiefs coordinator candidate. Shurmur does have extensive history with Ron Rivera, as they coached together for five years in Philly.
    Source: Joe Person on Twitter
    Jan 11 - 3:21 PM
    Last edited by CarolinaFan87; 01-11-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: New Info

vCash
    I'm not crazy about Shurmer, but I wouldn't be mad if Jackson got it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Same. Jackson might actually be great with Williams and Stewart, taking the pressure off Newton to do it all himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    Apparently we are going to interview Hue Jackson. Like dislike?

The Panthers have requested permission to interview Bengals assistant Hue Jackson for their offensive coordinator vacancy.
    Jackson is also on the Jets' radar. The Panthers' job, of course, will be far more attractive because they have so much more talent in place. It could also be a steppingstone toward another head-coaching opportunity. Jackson's offense is fairly similar to outgoing Carolina OC Rob Chudzinski's with a power run game and vertical pass attack. We'd like that hire for the Panthers.
    Related: Bengals, Jets
    Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
    Jan 11 - 3:00 PM

Also looks like Pat Shurmur is going to be a possibility. That would be a interesting coach swap.

According to the Charlotte Observer, ex-Browns coach Pat Shurmur is also a candidate for the Panthers' offensive coordinator vacancy.
    Rob Chudzinski was pried away from Carolina late Thursday, so replacements are coming to light today. Shurmur has generated little buzz since his Cleveland ouster, even for assistant jobs. He never even appeared to be on Andy Reid's radar as a Chiefs coordinator candidate. Shurmur does have extensive history with Ron Rivera, as they coached together for five years in Philly.
    Source: Joe Person on Twitter
    Jan 11 - 3:21 PM
    Think Jackson would be a great fit. Downfield passing attack. Probably more man blocking than zone blocking, but I don't think that's a horrible thing (especially if you end up cutting DeAngelo Williams, who is a MUCH better RB in a ZBS than a MBS.

Don't think Shurmur is a good fit. The WCO doesn't really fit the pieces we have.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I'm starting to think Jackson is going to be the OC. If RR cares even slightly about his job then Shurmur should be an obvious hell no. The only thing that makes me think it'll be Jackson is the fact CSR had an article the other day about a writer who spoke to Jackson on his flight back to CIN/wherever in which he said Jackson spoke as if he was expecting to get the job.

Of course, they could go the cheap/in-house route and go with Shula, but I really don't have a positive or negative opinion on Shula.

vCash
    Hue Jackson - Good
    Pat Shurmur - Depends on the stipulations that come alone with him taking the job
    Mike Shula - lolbaiRivera
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I'm starting to think Jackson is going to be the OC. If RR cares even slightly about his job then Shurmur should be an obvious hell no. The only thing that makes me think it'll be Jackson is the fact CSR had an article the other day about a writer who spoke to Jackson on his flight back to CIN/wherever in which he said Jackson spoke as if he was expecting to get the job.

Of course, they could go the cheap/in-house route and go with Shula, but I really don't have a positive or negative opinion on Shula.
    To clarify, it wasn't a writer who spoke with Jackson at the airport before heading back to CIN; it was a random reader of CSR that happened to spot Jackson and asked him a couple of questions. Jackson basically said that he thought the interview went well but was otherwise non-committal.

Frankly, even if Jackson is our first choice, we may not be his first choice. There's a lot more stability for him in Cincinnati right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    To clarify, it wasn't a writer who spoke with Jackson at the airport before heading back to CIN; it was a random reader of CSR that happened to spot Jackson and asked him a couple of questions. Jackson basically said that he thought the interview went well but was otherwise non-committal.

Frankly, even if Jackson is our first choice, we may not be his first choice. There's a lot more stability for him in Cincinnati right now.
    He's not the OC in Cincinnati right now. No reason he wouldn't take the OC job if offered. If the offense does well, great. If the offense does well and RR gets fired still, Jackson has a foot in the door and probably a guaranteed interview for the HC job next year. He can get a position coaching job anywhere he wants, so it's not like he's got a great thing going with the Bengals. In addition, he has a pretty ****** title with the Bengals. Assitant to Defensive Backs and Assistant to Special Teams for an offensive guy? WTF?
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12