Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    I STILL cannot believe in a year where no one was voting for the steroid era that Jack Morris and Lee Smith didn't make it either...
    Thank the sabermetric geeks for Morris not getting in. The guy was the best starting pitcher of the 80's. He had the most wins, innings pitched and complete games for the decade. Lee Smith retired as the all-time saves leader and had more saves than Sutter who is in the HOF. I can't figure these stupid writers thought process. In regards to the juicers, keep the guys out who have had a link to them, don't screw guys like Piazza, Bagwell and McGriff because in your mind they were strong and hit homeruns. That's just not a good enough reason to keep a player out. Bonds shouldn't because after thinking about it more he transformed himself into a player that he would NEVER have been without them just like Sosa. Clemens' numbers were already HOF worthy but that's just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Thank the sabermetric geeks for Morris not getting in. The guy was the best starting pitcher of the 80's. He had the most wins, innings pitched and complete games for the decade. Lee Smith retired as the all-time saves leader and had more saves than Sutter who is in the HOF. I can't figure these stupid writers thought process. In regards to the juicers, keep the guys out who have had a link to them, don't screw guys like Piazza, Bagwell and McGriff because in your mind they were strong and hit homeruns. That's just not a good enough reason to keep a player out. Bonds shouldn't because after thinking about it more he transformed himself into a player that he would NEVER have been without them just like Sosa. Clemens' numbers were already HOF worthy but that's just my opinion.
    Wonder what's gonna happen to Thome when he retires. That guys obviously just country strong, but jacked 600 homers in the steroid era. I think that anyone who has big time power numbers will be blackballed.

vCash
    [QUOTE=KingZoFkWeeNz;25031758]Who the **** voted for Aaron Sele?[/QUOTE

LMAOO x2

vCash
    Thank you Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds and Rafael Palmeiro for f-ing it up for guys like Piazza, Bagwell, McGriff and probably Thomas next year.
    And Biggio.

vCash
    I would have liked to see Mike get into the Hall on the first ballot. But I also would have liked to have heard him and others of his ilk speak out against the cheating culture of that era.

I call it a push.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    These sports writers are just angry little men who are doing this for control. Piazza is about as clean as Cal Ripken Jr. The guy played a tough position and showed decline like a clean player would who played catcher for as long as he did. With Piazza's strength if he used would have hit 50-60 yearly if he was using. Just bull****. Some f-ing clown voted for Aaron Sele and two voted for Shawn Green, REALLY? The sabermetrics nerds are keeping one of the best big game pitchers out of the Hall in Jack Morris, left a guy who was regarded as one of the best six or seven second basemen in history with 3,060 hits, Piazza who was the most prolific hitting catcher in baseball history with not one link to steroids or PED's and then you have a guy like Raines who if not for Rickey Henderson who IMO used steroids was the best leadoff hitter in the game for a number of years. To not have one going into the Hall except for those guys from the early 1900's is a crime. Can't wait to see next year when the screw Maddux and Glavine out of be inducted in their first years of eligibility. If guys like Piazza and Bagwell can't get in during their first years then I can't see Thomas getting in next year either.
    How can you go on and on about Piazza and then rip Rickey Henderson. I never heard Rickey linked to steroids anyway.

Maddux will go in first time.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    This was a punishment vote pretty much to all the guys associated with steroids on the first ballot.

I think the BBWAA made it their business to keep everyone out of the Hall this year.

I know collusion is a serious charge but i really don't know how they didn't vote one guy in this year otherwise.

vCash
    As someone pointed out, they cost the good folks in Cooperstown a ton of money this year.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    As someone pointed out, they cost the good folks in Cooperstown a ton of money this year.
    Yep and for what reason i don't know..

Baseball can't escape the Steroid Era, they should accept it and let the guys who deserve to be in in.

If they want to asterisk it so be it but Clemens, Bonds, Piazza, Bagwell, Raines, etc etc belong in the HOF.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-09-2013 at 10:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    Wonder what's gonna happen to Thome when he retires. That guys obviously just country strong, but jacked 600 homers in the steroid era. I think that anyone who has big time power numbers will be blackballed.
    Let's see if Thomas gets denied next year. Thome won't get in first ballot or anytime soon because they will say he hung around long enough to get over 600 and wasn't a HOF type player the last few years even if they don't think he's a juicer but he will eventually get in IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Because nobody unless they're a real baseball historian knows who the heck those other guys that are being inducted are. Morris got the shaft, Piazza got the shaft, Biggio got the shaft, Bagwell got the shaft and mom and pop got the shaft. And Selig sits there and acts like it ain't no biggie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    How can you go on and on about Piazza and then rip Rickey Henderson. I never heard Rickey linked to steroids anyway.

If you heard Ferguson Jenkins speak on the MLB Network there was talk about a guy who got inducted a couple years ago who played in the 80's and 90's who was thought to have taken steroids and it either has to be Alomar or Henderson. And Henderson did play on the A's when Canseco and McGwire were juicing, I'm just saying. Anyone who played with the Bash Brothers will be looked at differently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post

Pretty safe to say..he would never be linked to Steroids!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    No Piazza, what a ****ing joke.
    LOL @ thinking Piazza was going to get in first ballot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    LOL @ thinking Piazza was going to get in first ballot.
    Why not?

He didn't have the connection to steroids Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens, etc had.

He should have went in first ballot but the BBWAA made it their business to punish all the first ballot HOF this year.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast