Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wow that is horrible
    Bringing her back!!!

vCash

No one elected into the Hall of Fame

I guess when I'm 70 years old and I tell my grandchildren about baseball when I was a child, ill cover the fact that many of the greats in my childhood were steroid users.

Ignoring that part of baseball is sad and pathetic.

vCash
    The people giving votes to Royce Clayton and Aaron Sele (presumably for being nice guys while they played for the team those writers covered) should never see another HOF ballot again. Same for the blank ballot fools. When are they gonna start weeding these guys out?

vCash
    Hated the braves when I was growing up, as I'm a Yankee fan, but next year will be all the more sweeter with Maddox smoltz and glavine being shoe ins

PSD's 2011 Diva's Champion

vCash
    I'm hearing a lot of talk of "this is just the beginning of the process over the next 15 years".

Uh, no. With Bonds and Clemens not getting in as no-brainers as they would have 15-20 years ago, there's too much of a logjam on the ballot now. They must give serious thought to allow voters to vote for an unlimited amount of players next year.

If there are 15 players on the ballot that you think are Hall of Famers, then you should be able to vote for them every year they are eligible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    I guess when I'm 70 years old and I tell my grandchildren about baseball when I was a child, ill cover the fact that many of the greats in my childhood were steroid users.

Ignoring that part of baseball is sad and pathetic.

While telling your child that they were steroid users is true... what you should be saying is that that part of baseball didn't exist... b/c that's what the vote represents.

People who never played baseball determine who belongs in the hall? I think that's the problem right there. Bonds hated the media, and now the media get to pay back. If he never used roids, he's still a HOF'er and chances are still strong he still doesn't get in first ballot, b/c of the writers. Make it by GM and Managers...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    i dont get the first ballot hall of famer crap. you either are a hall of famer or you are not. you don't do anythign year to year to improve your resume, yet its good enough now but not last year? makes no sense. biggio not getting in is a criume. he has no connection to steriods and 3000 hits. put the guy in
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Kenny Lofton got screwed

vCash

Writers Committee should be ashamed of themselves

No one to the Hall? Time to change the process.

Barry Bonds. Roger Clemens. Sammy Sosa. Mark McGwire.

Four of the greatest ever, steroids or not. Clemens and Bonds already HAD hall of game careers before steroids.

I think this is a case of the writers wanting to feel important. This is a travesty to sports in the same way steroids were in the first place.

How a guy who won SEVEN MVPs and the all time home run king isn't a hall of Famer means there shouldn't be a hall at all.

How a seven time Cy Young winner and a AL MVP doesn't make the hall of fame is beyond me.

A career shouldn't hinge upon impressing a bunch of beat writers. Unbelievable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    bagwell and piazza have some steroid whispers about them,biggio was just the politics of vote(the whole "who's a first ballot hofer?"voters have a caste system based on which ballot a guy goes in on)
    baseless whispers on piazza-0failed tests--not mentioned in the mitchell report and lets not forget that a key witness in that report was a mets clubhouse assistant!

voters need to get over themselves

vCash
    What an embarrassment today is. This may be more of a stain on the game then the actual era itself. We were moving past it, the game appears to be more clean, but it just wont be let go.

Shame on MLB for not stopping this during it's infancy. Instead they sat on their hands and put their heads in the sand. All the while cashing in on the era that may have been more watched and loved by fans then any other in the game.

Shame on the writers for feeling that it is their moral obligation to punish the players because of the lack of leadership that MLB has.

Today is a dark day for me with this game. Being 28, the era i grew up watching will forever be tainted due to this.

I'm so sick of the Baseball Writers Association for playing the role of the "Baseball Gods".
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..donít know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.Ē

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    Bonds and Clemens, yeah. McGwire? No.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Kenny Lofton got screwed
    I don't know about screwed, but I wouldn't have minded seeing he and Bernie Williams get a little more time to be considered.

It's another downside to the logjam of players on the ballot. If you're only allowed to vote for 10, guys like this will undoubtedly fall of the ballot right away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    baseless whispers on piazza-0failed tests--not mentioned in the mitchell report and lets not forget that a key witness in that report was a mets clubhouse assistant!

voters need to get over themselves

Except that the guy had ridiculous power for being a 23rd round draft pick...

that's enough for me...

And that's why the whole era is tainted...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Disagree with the OP. Cheers to the writers.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast