Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Then you are in denial, because that is fact. It was 104 players who tested positive to be exact.

Honestly, I think that is a big reason why people defend it.
    No. It's defended against all reason for the sole purpose of keeping statistics infallible.

vCash
    On Dan Patricks radio show, they had a couple voters who were on. The whole system is stupid. On one hand I think baseball is by far the hardest hof to get into, which makes it feel like how all sports hof should be. On the other hand the process can screw some guys. Im generally ok with writters doing the voting, put would like to see other hofers possibly involved. Maybe like a 50/50 split or something.

As far as the steroid users. A handful of these guys were hof prior to use anyway. The juice depending on what they were on can obviously benefit guys in all sorts of ways. When you read clemons work outs for example, no possible way that guy should be doing stuff in his 40's that other athletes in their 20's cant keep up with.. its obviouse they give amazing benefits especially with health, recovery time, strength. I have read it can help increase vision, even making individuals feel more confident. Not one of these is going to turn a guy into a hofer. But it certainly gives players an advantage. How much? Thats debateable. I think obviously helped extend careers and inflat numbers.

I am of the opinion these guys should be in, with an astric next to the name and numbers. The hall of fame which requieres voters to also take into account what kind of person the player was too. I think too many are more worried about the numbers, and forget about this. Although, I am not sure if they implemented thag standard before or after ty cobb.

vCash
    I found this yesterday when Howard Bryant was on KNBR (Bay Area sports radio station):

"I didnt vote for Bonds. I wont vote for Bonds. I think Bonds'll get in. He should get in."

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    All that 104 number means is that 104 players tested positive for PED's at the time they where tested in that particular season. It shouldn't be treated as unquestionable or authoritative.
    Are you telling me the highest paid player in Arod got caught, but others got away with it? I find it hard to believe he of all people didn't have the best method and masking agent available to avoid this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That's Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax, Gaylord Perry etc.

Gonna be a very small hall of fame filled with basically only pioneers, negro leaguers, umpires, and executives.
    Sad, but that's how it should be. Too much young talent out there (at the high school and college level) takes steroids/PEDs because they believe that is the way to success. I'm all for putting a separate section in the hall of fame to describe the various ways players have cheated throughout the years, but again I'll say that it should wait until we are actually done with the steroid era. Putting that section up in the hall of fame now kinda of puts the message out there that the steroid era is done, which it isn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickenlooper View Post
    No. It's defended against all reason for the sole purpose of keeping statistics infallible.
    What is your feeling on the stats & victories Danny Almonte accomplished?

vCash
    Yes, I am. I'd say you are pretty naive if you think that number wouldn't surely be higher if the testing wasn't more effective or done more often.
    Far from naive, son. I thought that myself. Even you doubled it, you would not come even close to the majority. I am also looking around thinking that Arod had the largest contract and if anyone could get away with it, it would be him.

Like this site only seems to be about, I'm just going with the facts. You can assume whatever you want. The facts are Arod was busted as part of only 14%.

vCash
    Ha. That's cute. If guys like A-Rod and Bonds took the risk, that shows even more that anyone could be tempted. You really think the year A-Rod was busted was the only year he used? Gimme a break. Countless players slip through the cracks every season.
    No, I do not think it was the only year he used. I simply do not believe it is as many as many of you think.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132