Steve Large just said the Maloofs rejected the Seattle groups offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is some bizarro world ****.
- League Adds 5 teams per conference (eventually)
- Henderson gets the team in Nevada because having a "Las Vegas" team in the land of bookies and gambling might be frowned upon
- Seattle gets a team without taking Sacramento's and the Maloofs sell to someone local
- Kansas City has been capable of supporting an NBA team for at least 3 years now and gets a team
- Virginia Beach gets one in the east since they were a contender (at least in the rumor mills)
- Raleigh follows suit with another eastern team willing to put up an arena proposal
When Stern was interviewed last season before the All-star break, he staunchly defended his position in not adding any teams in the foreseeable future, and yet this year, in his swansong season, he's predicting European teams be added to the league with no real considerations to the logistics involved or the lack of total saturation here in the US markets first before expanding outwards.
San Francisco 49's
San Jose Sharks
Maybe they rejected because a local owner made a late push and offered more.
I take it you have not heard of Ron Burkle... AKA the human wallet. JK,