Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 213
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,408
    vCash
    1500
    How can anyone possibly argue that Bonds cheated the fans? The fans wanted what he gave them. You can argue that the fans turned Bonds into what he became. The fans wanted more home runs. They wanted longer home runs. Bonds gave them all that and more.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,218
    vCash
    1500
    Bagwell has a career OPS+ of 149. That's better than ARod's career mark.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,769
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Bagwell has a career OPS+ of 149. That's better than ARod's career mark.
    But how many ribeyez!!!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Mattingly got 13.2 and Bernie Williams got just 3.3% of the vote....

    If Bernie is not a Hall of Famer then why are votes wasted on him?


    I think they should raise the standards with 90% of the vote instead of 75%....
    If you fall below 15% you are no longer eligible correct? Does this mean the end of Mattingly?


    And so, a new era begins.....

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Bagwell has a career OPS+ of 149. That's better than ARod's career mark.
    What the hell is that?

    Ave, HR and RBI

    W L S ERA WHIP

    That is all I look at.....

    This new generation has become too technical for a simple game....

    Now granted I do look at OPS and OBA...
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-09-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    Nick

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    mussina is eligible next year. if he doesnt make it in at some point, the HOF is dead to me
    I would like to see Mussina kept out just because of his petulance.

    I'm not even going to bring up the dead Toronto broadcaster tribute *****ing tantrum he threw.

    Mussina seemed to calculate his own qualifications when he retired with that typical Stanford condescension about how he had the highest winning percentage of all plus 250 candidates or some such nonsense.

    I really hope he is kept out.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    If you fall below 15% you are no longer eligible correct? Does this mean the end of Mattingly?
    Mattingly was the best player in the game for about 5 years.....

    He should have been below 15% every time.
    Nick

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I would like to see Mussina kept out just because of his petulance.

    I'm not even going to bring up the dead Toronto broadcaster tribute *****ing tantrum he threw.

    Mussina seemed to calculate his own qualifications when he retired with that typical Stanford condescension about how he had the highest winning percentage of all plus 250 candidates or some such nonsense.

    I really hope he is kept out.
    He will get in but in 7-10 years.
    Nick

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,573
    vCash
    1500
    Who the Fck gave Aaron Sele one vote?

    That writer should turn himself in and never be allowed to vote again....
    Nick

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    He will get in but in 7-10 years.
    I was ecstatic when the Yankees announced they were acquiring Mussina.

    Much, much less so when the Giambi conference rolled around.

    Laughed my arse off when they signed Pavano.

    I can't even stand hearing the words Mike Mussina now.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    If you fall below 15% you are no longer eligible correct? Does this mean the end of Mattingly?
    It is 5%.
    Nick

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Who the Fck gave Aaron Sele one vote?

    That writer should turn himself in and never be allowed to vote again....
    Maybe he lost a bet.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I was ecstatic when the Yankees announced they were acquiring Mussina.

    Much, much less so when the Giambi conference rolled around.

    Laughed my arse off when they signed Pavano.

    I can't even stand hearing the words Mike Mussina now.
    And what is your beef with Mussina?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-09-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    Nick

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Maybe he lost a bet.
    This is my issue of writers voting.....no reason Aaron Sele should have received a vote....you vote for Hall of Famers not a guy with an ERA close to 5.00
    Nick

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And what is your beef for Mussina?
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I would like to see Mussina kept out just because of his petulance.

    I'm not even going to bring up the dead Toronto broadcaster tribute *****ing tantrum he threw.

    Mussina seemed to calculate his own qualifications when he retired with that typical Stanford condescension about how he had the highest winning percentage of all plus 250 candidates or some such nonsense.

    I really hope he is kept out.
    See Above.


    And so, a new era begins.....

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •