Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Eakins

vCash

Dallas Eakins

Does anybody else think that with Burke gone, Eakins may finally get his chance with an NHL team? I'd hate to lose him to another team as he appears to be one of the best young coaches in the game today. It would probably be stupid to do it now but with a lot of contracts coming off the books this offseason, Would you want him to take over the team with a fresh start next year?

vCash
    Randy has a 5 yr deal..doubt he gets canned

vCash
    Wilson got canned shortly after his extension. I think they'll give Randy this season, but if the team is still not competitive I'm really hoping they give Eakins a shot.

vCash
    He's the guy I (and I think most people here) wanted when they fired Wilson. I have to imagine that Eakins is going to be offered an NHL job in the near future, and while it would be nice to be with us, at this point I'm just hoping Carlyle can have some success here.

vCash
    Yeah and randy got paid more they wont eat that much salary

vCash
    I suspect a paul maurice situation with him

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    I really really really want Eakins to be the coach. Hopefully it somehow happens
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    especially with recent moves to make space on our roster for our young guns, Eakins would be sweet. I'm worried he's gone next year though when another NHL team gives him a shot

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Please I pray Dallas Eakins becomes the coach of the Leafs. He knows how to get the best out of players, we royally ****ed up by giving Randy the job anyways.

vCash
    Eakins won't become the coach anytime soon. I'd love to see it, but they messed up getting Carlyle in and giving him a context. Eakins wants to be a head coach not an assistant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Yeah and randy got paid more they wont eat that much salary
    They will have no problem firing Carlyle if
    The idiots running Bell N Rogers
    decide he isn't a team player or they don't like the colour of hi eyes. Anyone who has ever spent time calling Bell/Rogers customer service about a problem, you understand the main theme behind both companies is the customer is always wrong so F#%$ You. Expect the same attitude with the Leafs... It's not about winning, it's about making the team worth 2 billion. How sad, can anyone say Harrold Ballard?

vCash
    Why is this even a discussion? Not to be rude or anything but Carlyle is the Leafs coach, not Eakins. I love Eakins too but right now he's the Marlies coach if he does land another job that's a shame but good for him.

He's earned it. Carlyle came here, let Carlyle coach see what he brings.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Typical fans talking about firing Carlyle when he's only been here for like 17 games lol.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Typical fans talking about firing Carlyle when he's only been here for like 17 games lol.
    Its not so much that I want Randy fired, its just that usually with a GM change, the new guy likes to bring in his own coach. Mind you I was not aware of how far back Nonis and Carlyle's relationship went. I just think with the way guys talk about Eakins, the teams performance, and the evident effect on the current Leafs roster, that the guy will get a shot at an NHL job very soon and I'd hate to lose a mind like that from the organization.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Its not so much that I want Randy fired, its just that usually with a GM change, the new guy likes to bring in his own coach. Mind you I was not aware of how far back Nonis and Carlyle's relationship went. I just think with the way guys talk about Eakins, the teams performance, and the evident effect on the current Leafs roster, that the guy will get a shot at an NHL job very soon and I'd hate to lose a mind like that from the organization.
    No I know I didn't mean to center anyone out, just saying it's funny to see this because Carlyle is our coach and clearly won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Well Nonis was in Anaheim too when Carlyle was there with Burke. Then Nonis came here when Burke hired Carlyle. So even if their relationship isn't as close as Burke's was with him, Nonis must be familiar with Carlyle. It's not like they brought in a GM from somewhere else.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast