Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rockets vs Hornynets Game Thread

Let's see if we can stay hot. Hornets ALWAYS seem to give us trouble. Also it'll be interesting to see if Harden can get that record!

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    This team is very different with Eric Gordon in the line up. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this match

vCash
    At this point neither outcome would surprise me.

Road game.
    Hornets play Houston tough.
    Back to back.
    Rockets on a win streak.
    Hornets on a win streak.
    Both teams young and inexperienced.

Win from the start, behind from the start, come back and win, Hornets come back and win, close game down to clutch shots or overtime...

I think all of the above are on the table tonight.

vCash
    Just got off work in time to catch the second half and the Rockets go on a 10-0 run. I love how they've been exploding in the second half of games lately, but I wish they could start out this strong from the get go. Still, Harden seems like he's on pace to get 25, this run gives them a little cushion and it seems like they're pushing it in transition.

vCash
    Lin is playing sloppy as **** tonight. That dude needs to calm down and stop trying to force it so much. But Asik has gotten a lot of easy baskets in the second half. He did have that one really sweet play where he backed down Robin Lopez and put down that silky smooth jump hook.

vCash
    God.... They're playing like **** to start the fourth without Harden on the floor. The sad thing is they're getting pretty good looks on the perimeter, but nobody can hit anything. They need to get back into the paint to get into any rhythm offensively.

vCash
    This is one of the worst stretches of basketball I've seen them play all season long. I have no ****ing clue what happened to this team in the fourth quarter.

vCash
    There are no words to describe my anger right now.

vCash
    Yikes. I'm glad I didn't watch this. Well Harden got his 25.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    that was bad.

vCash
    Didn't catch the game but very disappointed, only 79 points? Our run and gun offense can not win with only putting up 79 points!

vCash
    Got out scored 29 to 10 in the Fourth. Only one player scored double figures too! This reminds me of that game against the Raptors. Its like the Rockets play not as hard against teams like this.

vCash
    These kind of losses will always happen, to every team. I'm worried about last night.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    On the bright side, the Hornets did that to San Antonio the game before the Rockets, so it can happen to any team.

Back to back on the Road, Rockets came out flat, and the shots weren't hitting. They looked very fatigued by the 4th quarter. I suspect it will take time for them to adjust to playing on extended road trips.

LOTS of missed open looks throughout the game.

Happens to every team, and especially to young team.

Chalk it up as a learning experience, and hopefully they use it as motivation to come out harder in the next 2 games.

vCash
    The Hornets record is bad, but they have been playing much better basketball since E. Gordon returned. They won't make the playoffs, but look for the Hornets to have a strong second half, barring any more major injuries.