Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    I find it funny when fans insult trained physicians. Do you guys really think you know whether or not a doctor "should have" seen something in an MRI earlier? Sure, our front office has acquired damaged goods in the past, but perhaps we shouldn't just assume that a professional baseball team hired a bunch of dumbasses to treat their players.
    Wealthy Businessmen, General Managers, Managers, Pitching Coaches, Hitting Coaches. Why stop there? Might as well have all your fans pretend they know better than certified physicians.

If only these genius fans could catch a break in life, they could rule the world with their brilliant talents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    Wealthy Businessmen, General Managers, Managers, Pitching Coaches, Hitting Coaches. Why stop there? Might as well have all your fans pretend they know better than certified physicians.

If only these genius fans could catch a break in life, they could rule the world with their brilliant talents.
    Mets' fans do this all the time. The Mets' threads are loaded with expert physicians, attorneys, accountants. The latest are HOF experts.

If one of the Mets had car trouble getting to a game, we'd hear from the mechanics.

It's like having an endless family of in-laws.

vCash
    The Mets recent history of medical mishaps continues unabated...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    The Mets recent history of medical mishaps continues unabated...
    In what way have the Mets' "medical mishaps" been atypical of any MLB team during Alderson's tenure (recent memory)?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    In what way have the Mets' "medical mishaps" been atypical of any MLB team during Alderson's tenure (recent memory)?

Putting Ike Davis in a boot backfired but you'll deny that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Putting Ike Davis in a boot backfired but you'll deny that.
    Why would I deny that Ike's rehab experienced complications?

My question to you was whether or not the Mets' medical situation under SA has been "atypical". Other teams' players always rehab perfectly? How about Brett Gardner with the Yankees for starters?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Mets' fans do this all the time. The Mets' threads are loaded with expert physicians, attorneys, accountants. The latest are HOF experts.

If one of the Mets had car trouble getting to a game, we'd hear from the mechanics.

It's like having an endless family of in-laws.

Because the Mets are and have been so well-run, that they're above criticism....

vCash
    You can't afford a good medical staff if your teams owners are the Wilpons...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    You can't afford a good medical staff if your teams owners are the Wilpons...
    Mets use the same medical doctors as the NY Giants -- The Hospital for Special Surgery. It's REALLY well regarded.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    Mets use the same medical doctors as the NY Giants -- The Hospital for Special Surgery. It's REALLY well regarded.
    #1 in the nation, to be exact:
    http://www.hss.edu/

So unless someone here is Dr. James Andrews, I would opt to keep my faith in the guys who have undergone 10+ years of medical training rather than complain that they aren't good enough.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    And the Giants have a ton of injuries as well lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    #1 in the nation, to be exact:
    http://www.hss.edu/

So unless someone here is Dr. James Andrews, I would opt to keep my faith in the guys who have undergone 10+ years of medical training rather than complain that they aren't good enough.

But, it's our job to complain, what else is there to do in the offseason?
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    And the Giants have a ton of injuries as well lol
    As opposed to all NFL teams without a ton of injuries?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12