Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    I find it funny when fans insult trained physicians. Do you guys really think you know whether or not a doctor "should have" seen something in an MRI earlier? Sure, our front office has acquired damaged goods in the past, but perhaps we shouldn't just assume that a professional baseball team hired a bunch of dumbasses to treat their players.
    Wealthy Businessmen, General Managers, Managers, Pitching Coaches, Hitting Coaches. Why stop there? Might as well have all your fans pretend they know better than certified physicians.

    If only these genius fans could catch a break in life, they could rule the world with their brilliant talents.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    Wealthy Businessmen, General Managers, Managers, Pitching Coaches, Hitting Coaches. Why stop there? Might as well have all your fans pretend they know better than certified physicians.

    If only these genius fans could catch a break in life, they could rule the world with their brilliant talents.
    Mets' fans do this all the time. The Mets' threads are loaded with expert physicians, attorneys, accountants. The latest are HOF experts.

    If one of the Mets had car trouble getting to a game, we'd hear from the mechanics.

    It's like having an endless family of in-laws.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    The Mets recent history of medical mishaps continues unabated...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,382
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    The Mets recent history of medical mishaps continues unabated...
    In what way have the Mets' "medical mishaps" been atypical of any MLB team during Alderson's tenure (recent memory)?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    In what way have the Mets' "medical mishaps" been atypical of any MLB team during Alderson's tenure (recent memory)?

    Putting Ike Davis in a boot backfired but you'll deny that.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,382
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Putting Ike Davis in a boot backfired but you'll deny that.
    Why would I deny that Ike's rehab experienced complications?

    My question to you was whether or not the Mets' medical situation under SA has been "atypical". Other teams' players always rehab perfectly? How about Brett Gardner with the Yankees for starters?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Mets' fans do this all the time. The Mets' threads are loaded with expert physicians, attorneys, accountants. The latest are HOF experts.

    If one of the Mets had car trouble getting to a game, we'd hear from the mechanics.

    It's like having an endless family of in-laws.

    Because the Mets are and have been so well-run, that they're above criticism....

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,955
    vCash
    1500
    You can't afford a good medical staff if your teams owners are the Wilpons...

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,382
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    You can't afford a good medical staff if your teams owners are the Wilpons...
    Mets use the same medical doctors as the NY Giants -- The Hospital for Special Surgery. It's REALLY well regarded.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,923
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Mets use the same medical doctors as the NY Giants -- The Hospital for Special Surgery. It's REALLY well regarded.
    #1 in the nation, to be exact:
    http://www.hss.edu/

    So unless someone here is Dr. James Andrews, I would opt to keep my faith in the guys who have undergone 10+ years of medical training rather than complain that they aren't good enough.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,795
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Mets use the same medical doctors as the NY Giants -- The Hospital for Special Surgery. It's REALLY well regarded.
    And the Giants have a ton of injuries as well lol

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northport, LI
    Posts
    1,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    #1 in the nation, to be exact:
    http://www.hss.edu/

    So unless someone here is Dr. James Andrews, I would opt to keep my faith in the guys who have undergone 10+ years of medical training rather than complain that they aren't good enough.

    But, it's our job to complain, what else is there to do in the offseason?
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    And the Giants have a ton of injuries as well lol
    As opposed to all NFL teams without a ton of injuries?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •