Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    Lol, Bosh wasn't the reason the Heat won last season. Bosh showed up sporadically, with his performance being generally marginal at best (no real surprise there, he was the same the year before). This is why the Heat were just fine against the Indiana Pacers without him (despite that the Pacers were now even bigger, and had been quite good at keeping bodies out of the paint). No, basically, it was a heavy dose of James and Wade that did in the Pacers (in those final 3 games), a heavy dose of LeBron in the ECFs that did in the Celtics, and a heavy dose of LeBron with cameos from Shane Battier and Mike Miller that did in the Thunder.

Quit giving that ugly m-fer so much credit.
    He was a big reason. he provides the floor spacing that lebron and wade need to attack the rim

plus he shot like 60% and played good D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    He was a big reason. he provides the floor spacing that lebron and wade need to attack the rim

Bro, I really like you, I want you (and the rest of the Heat fans on this forum to see Bosh for what he truly is), so here are Bosh's numbers in the 2012 Finals, pace-adjusted per 48 mins (don't forget, he started playing @ center when he came back against the Celtics).

Bosh per 48 minute numbers:

0.3 Asts; 1.6 Blks; 2.4 Pfs; 19.3 Pts; 12.4 Rebs; 0.8 Stls; 1.3 Tovs

Avg NBA Center per 48 minute numbers:

2.3 Asts; 2.1 Blks; 5.4 Pfs; 17.8 Pts; 12.7 Rebs 1.1 Stls; 2.7 Tovs

Bosh shooting numbers:

.400 3pt%; .468 eFG%; .452 FG%; .882 FT%; .525 TS%

Avg NBA Center shooting numbers:

.317 3pt%; .502 eFG%; .497 FG%; .682 FT%; .541 TS%

^Look at those numbers closely. Bosh was good with respect to staying out of foul trouble, not turning the ball over, and scoring points (albeit inefficiently). He was below-average (and in some cases, abysmally so) with respect to just about everything else.

Come on mayne, this guy doesn't deserve the credit he gets. He's been riding James and Wade's coat tails since he got to MIA. Smh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post

Indeed.

Bosh's shooting splits, 2010-11 playoffs
    From 10-15ft: 43%
    From 16ft-3pt line: 46%
    [Source]

Bosh's shooting splits, 2011-12 playoffs
    From 10-15ft: 50%
    From 16ft-3pt line: 39%
    From 3pt line: 54%
    [Source]

Last edited by gotoHcarolina52; 01-19-2013 at 11:00 PM.

vCash
    Bro, I really like you, I want you (and the rest of the Heat fans on this forum to see Bosh for what he truly is), so here are Bosh's numbers in the 2012 Finals, pace-adjusted per 48 mins (don't forget, he started playing @ center when he came back against the Celtics).

Bosh per 48 minute numbers:

0.3 Asts; 1.6 Blks; 2.4 Pfs; 19.3 Pts; 12.4 Rebs; 0.8 Stls; 1.3 Tovs

Avg NBA Center per 48 minute numbers:

2.3 Asts; 2.1 Blks; 5.4 Pfs; 17.8 Pts; 12.7 Rebs 1.1 Stls; 2.7 Tovs

Bosh shooting numbers:

.400 3pt%; .468 eFG%; .452 FG%; .882 FT%; .525 TS%

Avg NBA Center shooting numbers:

.317 3pt%; .502 eFG%; .497 FG%; .682 FT%; .541 TS%

^Look at those numbers closely. Bosh was good with respect to staying out of foul trouble, not turning the ball over, and scoring points (albeit inefficiently). He was below-average (and in some cases, abysmally so) with respect to just about everything else.

Come on mayne, this guy doesn't deserve the credit he gets. He's been riding James and Wade's coat tails since he got to MIA. Smh.
    But this just in, Bosh isn't really a Center. He's a PF playing the Center position, so I don't think it's truly fair to compare him to the true centers in the league. So he definitely deserves the credit he gets because at the end of the day, he spaced the floor, played the role of defensive anchor, and he actually rebounded the ball really well. Pretty sure he averaged a double-double in the Finals as well......Bosh is more important to this team than you think. Not saying the numbers you posted aren't accurate, because they are, but Bosh is more important than you think.

vCash
    without bosh, we wouldn't have beat the thunder. No way no how

NO BOSH NO CHAMPIONSHIPS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakaNashur View Post
    without bosh, we wouldn't have beat the thunder. No way no how

NO BOSH NO CHAMPIONSHIPS!
    This. 100%

But you've made this point plenty of times already.
    Last edited by gotoHcarolina52; 01-20-2013 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    Dre go get a life already.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    But this just in, Bosh isn't really a Center. He's a PF playing the Center position, so I don't think it's truly fair to compare him to the true centers in the league. So he definitely deserves the credit he gets because at the end of the day, he spaced the floor, played the role of defensive anchor, and he actually rebounded the ball really well. Pretty sure he averaged a double-double in the Finals as well......Bosh is more important to this team than you think. Not saying the numbers you posted aren't accurate, because they are, but Bosh is more important than you think.
    why are we adding the Birdman again this season? Where is that Bosh right now?
    I'm Normally Not a Praying Man, but If You're up There...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Well you're right in saying Bosh's numbers compare more favorably against other power forwards. But it's important to still consider that since returning from that abdominal injury (he sustained in the "Pacers series") Bosh has been primarily utilized as a center. So it would be unfair to compare him to power forwards, since he's been getting the bulk of his minutes at center (with Battier, LBJ, and Haslem getting the lion's share of the mins at PF).

It would be unfair, because it would be like trying to ignore Bargnani's bad play at center/pf. One could just generalize that he is in actuality, an over sized shooting guard, but the fact is, the Raptors already employ guys like Calderon, DeRozan, Lowry, and Fields, to split time at the 2. Bargnani is always started up front (in the trenches so to speak), so regardless of how well his numbers would be (adjusted to another position), he's supposed to be a center/power forward (this ultimately kills the Raptors). The fact that the Raps have won 11 of their last 18 games is no mere coincidence. Now if only they could lose DeRozan to injury.

For the record, Bosh is no where near as bad as Bargnani, and perhaps he was too extreme an example to compare to? As a matter of fact, to be fair, I wouldn't call Bosh bad at all, just not worth 110 mil (and that's my only gripe).

Quote Originally Posted by lavilevi23 View Post
    Dre go get a life already.
    Lol bro, I joined this forum around roughly the same time as you (you joined like 6 months before I did). Despite that, look at the extreme disparity in posting between the two of us (you have roughly ~2000 more posts than I do).

Come again mayne?

vCash
    Well you're right in saying Bosh's numbers compare more favorably against other power forwards. But it's important to still consider that since returning from that abdominal injury (he sustained in the "Pacers series") Bosh has been primarily utilized as a center. So it would be unfair to compare him to power forwards, since he's been getting the bulk of his minutes at center (with Battier, LBJ, and Haslem getting the lion's share of the mins at PF).

It would be unfair, because it would be like trying to ignore Bargnani's bad play at center/pf. One could just generalize that he is in actuality, an over sized shooting guard, but the fact is, the Raptors already employ guys like Calderon, DeRozan, Lowry, and Fields, to split time at the 2. Bargnani is always started up front (in the trenches so to speak), so regardless of how well his numbers would be (adjusted to another position), he's supposed to be a center/power forward (this ultimately kills the Raptors). The fact that the Raps have won 11 of their last 18 games is no mere coincidence. Now if only they could lose DeRozan to injury.

For the record, Bosh is no where near as bad as Bargnani, and perhaps he was too extreme an example to compare to? As a matter of fact, to be fair, I wouldn't call Bosh bad at all, just not worth 110 mil (and that's my only gripe).

Lol bro, I joined this forum around roughly the same time as you (you joined like 6 months before I did). Despite that, look at the extreme disparity in posting between the two of us (you have roughly ~2000 more posts than I do).

Come again mayne?
    Bosh does his job as a 3rd option and can't really ask much more from him. Although he could do a much better job on the boards I believe, can't really blame him right now he's playing out of position and is struggling right now. Remember this team is built around Lebron, so everyone has to adjust to his play.

Only thing i agree with from your post is that he isn't worth the 110 million he is getting paid right now. But we'll see in about a year and a half where we stand with his contract.
    "A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning."-Pat Riley.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345