Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Via Rotoworld:

Tigers avoided arbitration with OF Austin Jackson by agreeing to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
    He receives a nice bump in salary as a first-time arbitration-eligible player. It's a well-deserved raise, as Jackson bounce back with a big 2012, batting .300/.377/.479 with 16 home runs while playing Gold Glove-caliber defense in center field.

Tigers avoided arbitration with RHP Doug Fister by agreeing to a one-year, $4 million contract.
    It's a big raise for Fister, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time. The tall right-hander posted a 3.45 ERA in his first full season with the Tigers in 2012 after putting up a 2.83 mark the season before. He'll be a key cog in the Detroit rotation again in 2013.

Tigers avoided arbitration with C Alex Avila by agreeing to a one-year, $2.95 million contract.
    Avila was eligible for arbitration for the first time this winter. The backstop hit a disappointing .243/.352/.384 with nine homers in 2012 while dealing with knee issues. He could bounce back in 2013 if he stays healthy.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Via Rotoworld:

Tigers avoided arbitration with OF Austin Jackson by agreeing to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
    He receives a nice bump in salary as a first-time arbitration-eligible player. It's a well-deserved raise, as Jackson bounce back with a big 2012, batting .300/.377/.479 with 16 home runs while playing Gold Glove-caliber defense in center field.

Tigers avoided arbitration with RHP Doug Fister by agreeing to a one-year, $4 million contract.
    It's a big raise for Fister, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time. The tall right-hander posted a 3.45 ERA in his first full season with the Tigers in 2012 after putting up a 2.83 mark the season before. He'll be a key cog in the Detroit rotation again in 2013.

Tigers avoided arbitration with C Alex Avila by agreeing to a one-year, $2.95 million contract.
    Avila was eligible for arbitration for the first time this winter. The backstop hit a disappointing .243/.352/.384 with nine homers in 2012 while dealing with knee issues. He could bounce back in 2013 if he stays healthy.
    The next couple winters are going to be scary for this team.

vCash
    I don't really understand the arbitration process but those sound like steals. I feel those guys will get double or triple that yearly salary on the open market. Is there an estimate on what the salaries would have been through arbitration? I'm curious how it works

vCash
    They probably would have got a little less in arbitration, those numbers could easily double next year though

vCash
    And based on the kind of money the owners are throwing around even if those salaries double they'll still be very good contracts. Now if they double after next year thats when things will start getting out of hand.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Anyone notice that we invited Matt Tuiasosopo to camp who is the brother of Marques Tuiasosopo, who was the one who supposedly set up the Te'o hoax.
    2014-15 Adopt a Lion: Jeremy Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by We_need_players View Post
    Anyone notice that we invited Matt Tuiasosopo to camp who is the brother of Marques Tuiasosopo, who was the one who supposedly set up the Te'o hoax.
    I thought that guys name is Ronaiah

vCash
    I thought that guys name is Ronaiah
    An article I was reading earlier said his name was Marques, but now I can't find it
    2014-15 Adopt a Lion: Jeremy Ross

vCash
    yeah pretty sure his name was ronaiah

vCash
    I don't really understand the arbitration process but those sound like steals. I feel those guys will get double or triple that yearly salary on the open market. Is there an estimate on what the salaries would have been through arbitration? I'm curious how it works
    In response to myself (lol) I wanted to throw out the numbers I found on MLBtraderumors.

Jackson got $3.5M (projected $3.1M)

Fister got $4M (projected $3.8M)

Avila got $2.95M (projected $2.5M)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-for-2013.html

Does this affect their arbitration process in any way?

vCash
    In response to myself (lol) I wanted to throw out the numbers I found on MLBtraderumors.

Jackson got $3.5M (projected $3.1M)

Fister got $4M (projected $3.8M)

Avila got $2.95M (projected $2.5M)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-for-2013.html

Does this affect their arbitration process in any way?
    ... That is what happens during the arbitration process.

AAL: #FreeStafford

vCash
    Raburn signed a minor league deal with Cleveland lol. He's gone!
    NBA - Miami Heat
    MLB - Detroit Tigers

vCash
    Now we get to kick his ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Now we get to kick his ***
    Just watch.... He'll tee off on verlander.

vCash
    nahh he won't be playing against us in chicago. For some reason that is the only place he hits the ball

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast