Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

WWE: Can We Have A Talk About Dolph Ziggler?

To me there is something MISSING with him. His work in the ring i am not questioning theres nothing to question about dolph when he competes inside the ring.

His mic work is alright. His backstage scene with AJ when aj was with cena and when dolph spoke on the ladder both were top notch promos but everything before and after that has been "meh"

Also for a "heel" i dont feel he does alot to generate heat. His managers (vickie, aj) provide more heat for dolph than dolph does for himself. Am i right about that statement? Or am i wrong?

His career seems to be going down a very similar path of HBK. From the rockers to sensational sherri to DX. Dolph was the sprit squad to vickie to know a 3 person group without a name (dolph, aj, big e) both were athletic both could go in the ring and hbk did struggle early with his mic work but once he left sherri his career kind of took off from there

As much as he HBK comparison IS viable but also lets be real. Dolph will never be the face or "top 3" in the company and again it has 0 to do with his ability but his name. Which media outlet or someone who doesnt watch wrestling much would want to go see someone by the name of "dolph ziggler". His name is a joke and i just cant take it seriously it reminds me of the wiggles.

Am i the only one who feels this way about dolph? I mean i do like the guy i enjoy his work and he can put a great match with anyone on the wwe roster (including cena!) But to me there is something missing about his "heel" persona and to me his name hampers him ALOT.

What are your thoughts about ziggler? How far can he go?

Also post any thoughts or feelings or videos about dolph here
    Last edited by Riveramk2; 01-09-2013 at 12:10 PM.

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    I'm actually in the same boat with you Riv. I recognize how good he is in the ring but he just doesn't connect with me.

He will be a champion soon but I don't see him being the leader of the company. In my eyes only I see him as Edge-lite more so than a Cena or Punk. I don't think he'll be the face of one show like Edge was but I can see him always being in the title picture. I can't see him main eventing a wrestlemania like Cena does but I do see him putting on good semi-main event matches.

vCash
    He can go as far as the company wants him to go with the ceiling being slightly under Punk and Cena, not a chance he ever gets to that level.

I love everything he does, promos are fantastic , matches are great. I want him to get a legitimate run with the heavyweight, lose aj, and see what he can do on his own

vCash
    Its up to the WWE to PUSH HIM. Every week he pulls off good matches but always loses. How can anyone take him seriously in the long run? Yes he's good but when most people already go in knowing he's going to lose, its tough to take him as a main eventer...

Now he has AJ and Langston and I think it could be the best heel act in the WWE and they are dropping the ball on this. Its already clear they aren't interested in pushing him for whatever reason but I will give it to Mania and see if he will cash in the MITB and win the title.

They push guys like Del RIo and Sheamus who NO ONE wants to see and yet they drop the ball on guys like Ziggler or even Daniel Bryan.

Go see my post the other day on why I think the WWE is in the state its in and why ratings continue to drop overall long-term.

vCash
    I am with you LFL and riv, like hes ight I dont connect with. That not to say he cant be big. So tired of hearing about him cashing it in, cash this cash that just stfu already

vCash
    As someone who's just been getting back into wrestling over the last month after 8+ years of not watching more than 2 Raws in a row, what the **** is with his name? It sounds terrible. I've never had problems with wrestling names in my life, and then I find out there are 2 major players named Sheamus and Dolph Ziggler.

vCash
    they could have changed his name some time ago but now its too late. **** wwe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Its up to the WWE to PUSH HIM. Every week he pulls off good matches but always loses. How can anyone take him seriously in the long run? Yes he's good but when most people already go in knowing he's going to lose, its tough to take him as a main eventer...

Now he has AJ and Langston and I think it could be the best heel act in the WWE and they are dropping the ball on this. Its already clear they aren't interested in pushing him for whatever reason but I will give it to Mania and see if he will cash in the MITB and win the title.

They push guys like Del RIo and Sheamus who NO ONE wants to see and yet they drop the ball on guys like Ziggler or even Daniel Bryan.

Go see my post the other day on why I think the WWE is in the state its in and why ratings continue to drop overall long-term.
    Honestly this is where I am at with him. I truly feel that no Heel can get fully over anymore unless they get turned into a Face at some point and then turned back into a heel and most of the time that is the "Universe" that turns them face to begin with ala Punk, Orton, DB because they are tired of Cena and the heel always looking weak and beat down and want to cheer for the guy.

He won the MITB last year but everytime they teased him cashing it in it goes directly to making him look weak. He had a nice run where he beat Orton and Miz I think in a week just to have him squashed the following Raw. There is no consistency with him at all because of the writing. Monday would have been great to put him over but no he tries every move he has and they still allow Cena to kick out of everything just to have Cena do 1 AA and get the pin even with interference.

You can slowly hear the crowd chanting and cheering for him ala TLC PPV and I wouldn't be surprised if by Summer he is ruined as a joking PG Face just like Punk last year around the beginning of the year because the WWE will try cashing in on the crowd being excited for him.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Idk i feel hes been in the most important roles of his career since mitb. Being involved in the aj scandal with cena brought ziggler more attention. He was also the sole survivor of survivor series pinning orton CLEAN (but people will forget that) and i still feel theres something missing. I see a star but his name is holding back and he to me sucks at generating his own heat and thats very underrated at being a heel

At most to me he is a transitional WHC unless if he can start to carry his own weight CONSISTANTLY on the mic cause again there is nothing to question about dolph in the ring. Hes a top 3 performer inside the ring that the wwe has but wrestling isnt all about wrestling. Truthfully it hardly is about the wrestling or guys like kurt, benoit, kidd would of been at the very top of the food chain (but kurt has personallity so i shouldnt include him)

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    He reminds me of HBK mixed with Billy Gunn's look. lol

vCash
    The reason why he is missing something is due to the fact he had never been given a signature win. Every time he looses or is made to look stupid by cena atleast as of lately.

vCash
    Ziggler is also going on 33 years old. His time has to be now

vCash
    I just think he is a Billy Gunn clone.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Nicky!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast