Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Spurs host weakened Lakers:

San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Lakers

AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
    January 9, 2012, 7:00 PM Spurs Time
    TV: ESPN - RADIO: 1200 AM WOAI

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    This should be fun. Coming off a tough loss, against an undermanned Laker team on a 2nd night of a b2b on ESPN.

An upset is not out of the question

vCash
    5 THINGS TO WATCH: SPURS VS. LAKERS
    Written by Jeff Garcia

• The Spurs are 18-4 when Danny Green connects on two-or-more three-pointers in a game.

• In their last 10 overall games, the Lakers are 4-6 against the Spurs.

• In 54 regular season games including 49 starts against San Antonio, Kobe Bryant is averaging 24.3 points per game, the 9th lowest ppg average against an opposing team in his career.

• The Lakers are 12-2 when they are ahead (or tied) after three quarters.

• The Lakers are 0-6 in games decided by 7-9 points.
    http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-art...akers1813.html

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    I'm not sure if the Aron Baynes pick up is finalized, but if it is, can he suit up for tonight's game?

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Spurs off to a great start.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Jack!!!

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Tough game, but they pulled it out. Bad turnovers and shot selection, fortunately they built a big enough lead that they still managed to get the W.

I don't think Baynes will be available for a little while maybe a few weeks. It's kinda similar to Patty Mills when we signed him there was a waiting period for clearances and things of that sort.

Glad to see Jack is finding the stroke again despite being ejected. He's had trouble adjusting to having his fingers taped together, which I can imagine is difficult

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Tough game, but they pulled it out. Bad turnovers and shot selection, fortunately they built a big enough lead that they still managed to get the W.

I don't think Baynes will be available for a little while maybe a few weeks. It's kinda similar to Patty Mills when we signed him there was a waiting period for clearances and things of that sort.Glad to see Jack is finding the stroke again despite being ejected. He's had trouble adjusting to having his fingers taped together, which I can imagine is difficult
    It shouldn't be that long, Patty Mills took forever because he had visa issues.

vCash
    BTW what a ugly win for us. The 2nd half it looked like the Spurs were just going through the motions. Poor effort all around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    It shouldn't be that long, Patty Mills took forever because he had visa issues.
    Maybe not as long as Patty but I mean I don't know if it'll be a right away type of thing being that he's coming from overseas. Hopefully he can come sooner than later and start getting in some practices

vCash
    Baynes will not play anytime soon in my opinion. He may or may not have the visa issues, but the bigger issue is knowing what the heck is going on. I doubt he even has the playbook figured out at this point. I sure hope he doesn't make the court soon, because if he does then it shows that we are a very weak team. Last night was a joke. No reason they should have finished off a shorthanded lakers team. Earl Clark should never put up those numbers. Never. Who was guarding him or keeping him off the boards. 22pts - A career high from a guy who had scored 14 points all season and has scored a whopping 462pts in 150 games! Are you kidding me. also a career high in rebounds. That is embarrassing. I just feel like there is not a killer instinct like other teams have. I have been fine with that in the past, but it makes me worried when we will eventually have to beat teams that are offensively potent like LAC and OKC and MIA. Hopefully, that fourth quarter was a fluke and not the sign of some larger problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    Baynes will not play anytime soon in my opinion. He may or may not have the visa issues, but the bigger issue is knowing what the heck is going on. I doubt he even has the playbook figured out at this point. I sure hope he doesn't make the court soon, because if he does then it shows that we are a very weak team. Last night was a joke. No reason they should have finished off a shorthanded lakers team. Earl Clark should never put up those numbers. Never. Who was guarding him or keeping him off the boards. 22pts - A career high from a guy who had scored 14 points all season and has scored a whopping 462pts in 150 games! Are you kidding me. also a career high in rebounds. That is embarrassing. I just feel like there is not a killer instinct like other teams have. I have been fine with that in the past, but it makes me worried when we will eventually have to beat teams that are offensively potent like LAC and OKC and MIA. Hopefully, that fourth quarter was a fluke and not the sign of some larger problems.
    I think there will be some sort of knowledge of the system because Spurs Asst. Brett Brown coached the Australian team that Bayne played for. So I don't think it'll totally be foreign to him when he gets here. But I do agree it might be some time before he suits up for us.

vCash
    I think there will be some sort of knowledge of the system because Spurs Asst. Brett Brown coached the Australian team that Bayne played for. So I don't think it'll totally be foreign to him when he gets here. But I do agree it might be some time before he suits up for us.
    Thanks, forgot that part. So he probably does have some clue about terminology and set ups. I am still sticking with my guess that this is a learning time in preparation for next year and serves as depth in case of injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    Thanks, forgot that part. So he probably does have some clue about terminology and set ups. I am still sticking with my guess that this is a learning time in preparation for next year and serves as depth in case of injury.
    That and there is a possibility of losing Splitter in the off-season. We can match any offer thrown at him, but there is that chance. This provides some insurance for him in that regard. I don't know if he'll play a major role or not early on, I dont think so either. Maybe we'll know more depending on what happens w/Bonner & Blair and whether we make any moves or not

vCash
    That and there is a possibility of losing Splitter in the off-season. We can match any offer thrown at him, but there is that chance. This provides some insurance for him in that regard. I don't know if he'll play a major role or not early on, I dont think so either. Maybe we'll know more depending on what happens w/Bonner & Blair and whether we make any moves or not
    Hah! I just mentioned on another thread that I think this move impacts Splitter just as much if not more than blair. Even if we keep him for his QO, he would be great trade bait if he doesn't show that he can consistently take that next step.