Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vooch.

vCash

vCash
    Totally agree. Marc Gasol is a great comparison for his potential. And he seems well on his way to reaching that potential.

vCash
    I have to say...last year I couldn't stand Vooch. Others here loved him. I found him to be technically sound, etc...but a complete and utter wimp. Someone who wouldn't 'stick his nose in there'.

I think he might be shoving his nose in my ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    I have to say...last year I couldn't stand Vooch. Others here loved him. I found him to be technically sound, etc...but a complete and utter wimp. Someone who wouldn't 'stick his nose in there'.

Haha. Well, last year he definitely played with a "wimpy" attitude more often than not. He was easily discouraged and his body language on the floor indicated that he almost expected to get beat by his man, more often than not. I didn't see any confidence from him at all. But you have to accept that with rookies sometimes. They have to get comfortable in the league. Hell, Evan's in his third year, and he still has these kinds of problems often, and he was the 2nd overall pick (PLEASE DON'T RESPOND TO THIS AND MAKE THIS ABOUT EVAN. JUST USING HIM AS AN EXAMPLE).

He was always technically sound though, as you said. He has the offensive game and the good touch to average double digits points pretty seamlessly, and the intelligence/awareness to get where he needs to be on the floor and average double digit boards pretty easily as well. He comes off as soft sometimes, but I think it's more that he just plays with a quiet and calm demeanor. He's going to be a solid center in the league for a long time.

I wish we could have him back. But the trade is still a risk I would take every time.

vCash
    How would we look with:

Vooch instead of Lavoy.
    Reggie Evans instead of Kwame.
    Korver instead of JRich.
    Iggy instead of Turner.

Dear God in Heaven. What is happening.

vCash
    How would we look with:

Vooch instead of Lavoy.
    Reggie Evans instead of Kwame.
    Korver instead of JRich.
    Iggy instead of Turner.

Dear God in Heaven. What is happening.
    We'd be much better, yup. Or at least on par with last year's team.

Not that the above players would make us a contender, but we'd definitely be a much better team than we are now.

vCash
    The young center is not without flaws — his defensive rating of 105.2 makes him more Al Jefferson than Dwight Howard. But while it’s easy to suggest his lack of mobility and lift will always make him a liability at that end, more than a few relatively unathletic big men — Omer Asik comes to mind — have proved capable of anchoring the back line of a defense. If Vucevic does want to become a factor on that end, it will take a trip to the Kevin Garnett school of defensive positioning to learn exactly where and when he can use his size to deter opponents from attacking the rim for easy buckets.

His true shooting percentage (which is weighted for 3-pointers and free throws) of 51.7 is also frighteningly low for a 7-footer and ranks him just 34th among centers. A heavy reliance on 2-point shots is the primary culprit for this, but employing more shot fakes near the rim could help Vucevic tally a few more free throw attempts. There's also the possibility that Vucevic, who shot 34 percent from behind the arc his last year in college, can add a Mehmet Okur–type element to his game by further developing his perimeter shot.
    This is the key paragraph to me. His lack of athleticism makes it difficult for him to rotate on PnRs/Pick and Pops. He also has trouble rotating for help defense at times. He needs to learn how to position himself to make up for his lack of athleticism. He also needs to learn how to become more efficient converting around the rim.

If he can fix these issues, it could take his game to another level. He will never be a dominant center, but he can be a more than solid starting center in this league. He is already proving he deserved more PT last year and a chance to make mistakes/develop.

Still, at the end of the day, Bynum's potential was and will always be worth trading Vuc.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 01-09-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    We'd be much better, yup. Or at least on par with last year's team.

Not that the above players would make us a contender, but we'd definitely be a much better team than we are now.
    Much, much better as far as defense...consistency...players knowing how to do it as a team...WAY more heart. And maybe most of all:

They'd entertain me.

Our current team does not entertain me.

vCash

He was a rookie, not getting much PT. The more you play, and the more you trust your coach to trust you, the better you get as you become more accustomed to the NBA game.

DC didn't play him much and was quick to yank him like most rookies. You will never see a player develop like you want under those circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Much, much better as far as defense...consistency...players knowing how to do it as a team...WAY more heart. And maybe most of all:

They'd entertain me.

Me and you are in sync today. Completely agree.

Last year's team for example. I loved watching last year's team. Even with the half court offensive ineptitude and frustration. They hustled, they played with heart, they were tough, they were fast, they were athletic. They ran teams that were worse than them off the floor by half time, and they gave teams that were better than them a hard time, frustrating them, harassing them on defense, and making everything difficult for them.

This team is playing like... "We know we suck. Whatever. Let's just get these 48 minutes over with and call it a night."

vCash
    In all seriousness...they have sapped all my Sixer Energy.

I don't even have the will to bash Evan. I simply don't care enough.

vCash
    I don't even have the will to bash Evan. I simply don't care enough.
    I am speechless. Haha

This might be the #1 greatest sign of fans losing interest in the history of the franchise.

vCash
    Yep. I am down and beaten. My will has been broken. Now would be the time for all to get in my face and tell me how great Evan was, is and will be.

I won't argue. Heck, I might even agree just so it all goes away.

vCash

They'd entertain me.

What's done is done. On the bright side a quick turnaround could take place before the start of next season. The 76ers will most likely enter sell mode providing the GM understands that a 7th or 8th seed in the post-season means nothing. Sell, sell, sell.

If DiLeo is smart (and a bit lucky) he'll find a way to unload Thad, Turner & Hawes for a nice player and to open up cap space. Bynum may actually heal up and be worth re-signing. Having lottery pick, Bynum, Holiday and all of that cap space could lead to real good things next season.

vCash
    He's bigger than any big man currently suiting up for us.. that's for damn sure. Still though, you do that trade again and a again knowing the possibilities in a league driven by stars.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast