Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thoughts on Mantai Te'o? (Reese Will Interview Te'o at Combine)

Maybe my view of him is tainted because I have a ridiculously addicted ND best friend, but if he falls to us or we have a legit shot at moving up and getting him we should not hesitate.

Guy appears to be a solid linebacker from a big program and had an outstanding year (my buddy threw out his stats and games and it appeared he could have won the Heisman). Good character guy as well. Say we have the opportunity to give up our first round and a next year second or this year 3rd, would you move on him?

vCash
    He certainly hurt his stock because of that BCS game so it's possible he can fall to 12-17...if he falls to around 15 I think we should definitely move up for him.
    Last edited by NYGTom; 01-09-2013 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    Great story...great heart...great person but I don't see him as an impact player
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Great story...great heart...great person but I don't see him as an impact player
    He was overwhelmed vs. Bama but he also was all over the field. I think he'll be an impact player once he plays some NFL caliber teams. We've needed linebacker help for years and Te'O can finally be the answer. We could easily trade up a couple spots for him. Unload Osi a draft pick and a pick next year to move up for Te'O.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    He was overwhelmed vs. Bama but he also was all over the field. I think he'll be an impact player once he plays some NFL caliber teams. We've needed linebacker help for years and Te'O can finally be the answer. We could easily trade up a couple spots for him. Unload Osi a draft pick and a pick next year to move up for Te'O.
    Well, Osi is an expired contract so I doubt he will re-sign with the team. But something along the lines of trading the first round pick this year and a second or third this year or next year isn't out of the question.

vCash
    Yes with out a doubt.. Dude is gonna be a stud..

vCash
    Good stopping the run, but does overplay some times. Also, his lack of speed would make covering the faster HBs and TEs in the NFL a challenge. Prior to his senior season his coverage skills were below average, but he really put a lot of hard work into that area of his game (I still believe he looks stiff sometimes). I don't believe he will be a "stud" in the NFL, but a serviceable starter (it is hard to find a 3 down LB). That being said, not too slight Boley, he would be the best LB on our team the day he walked in the door.

Goodbye old friend.

vCash
    There is Couple OLB I would pick befor him at 19 but dallas picks 18 thats were I see him falling JR doesn't trade up so not possible...he got ate up vs bamas offensive line on the run Ray Malaluga is free agent there the same player 2 me.....

vCash
    ^That makes it all the better. We MUST move ahead of Dallas if they're the pick before us.

vCash
    New York Giants: Is Manti Te'o the Answer to Their Void at MLB?

The New York Giants have lacked a dependable presence at the middle linebacker position since Antonio Pierce retired following the 2009 NFL season. Though the Giants have failed to truly address the need since his departure, the 2013 NFL draft could be the perfect opportunity to find a vital missing piece in the middle of their defense. And after his subpar performance in the BCS National Championship, Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o may be available when the Giants are slotted to pick with the 19th selection of the first round. The Heisman finalist proved to be a phenomenal leader for the Fighting Irish en route to their spectacular 2012 season. Though his play was lackluster in an embarrassing loss for the Irish against the Alabama Crimson Tide in the BCS National Championship Game, there is no reason to ignore his entire collegiate career. Te’o is a physical player in the middle with go...
    http://ewallstreeter.com/new-york-gi...-at-mlb-5848/#

I'm seeing a lot of different mocks that Te'o can fall to the late teens in the draft...Now I really....REALLY think we can (and should) get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    ...I thought the NFL made a new rule so that teams can't trade players during a draft to move up anymore...
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 cali giants View Post
    There is Couple OLB I would pick befor him at 19 but dallas picks 18 thats were I see him falling JR doesn't trade up so not possible...he got ate up vs bamas offensive line on the run Ray Malaluga is free agent there the same player 2 me.....
    Why would Dallas take him when the have Sean Lee and Bruce Carter?

Te'o has wayyy better instincts than Malaluga who is a huge liability in coverage.

Frankly, Alabama has three guys who will be first or second round picks on their Oline, that unit is as good or better at run blocking than you will find on many NFL teams! They ate up lots of elite players over the last 4 years.
    Last edited by giantsince69; 01-10-2013 at 05:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    ...I thought the NFL made a new rule so that teams can't trade players during a draft to move up anymore...
    They did? I never heard of that... But now that I think about it I don't remember any players traded during last years draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pelfry34 View Post
    Good stopping the run, but does overplay some times. Also, his lack of speed would make covering the faster HBs and TEs in the NFL a challenge. Prior to his senior season his coverage skills were below average, but he really put a lot of hard work into that area of his game (I still believe he looks stiff sometimes). I don't believe he will be a "stud" in the NFL, but a serviceable starter (it is hard to find a 3 down LB). That being said, not too slight Boley, he would be the best LB on our team the day he walked in the door.
    +1

Also, the intangible might be one of the few missing pieces to keep this defense awake. Although, he won't make anybody forget about Pepper Johnson or Harry Carson, that's for sure.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-10-2013 at 07:37 AM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    I'd be shocked if he fell to us, and I dont expect Reese to move up

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast