Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Couple of quick things.

First, Terry is the best scorer off our bench, will be clutch playoff time.

Next, J. Collins has no business seeing the floor unless emerg., maybe 2mins game tops. Thus our need for help at very thin #4/ #5 spot.

Third, Sully is coming into his shoes. A few nice games here for him, very good to see.

Last, let's remember its the Phx Suns, one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    kind of dreaming here but sully one day could be the next z-bo.
    Sure his offensive game needs to adjust and develop but other than that he seems already pretty close, lets hope he can continue to play like that.

vCash
    Z-Bo has a sick face-up game, one of the best in the league right now. I would **** bricks if Sully developed that in the next few years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    Couple of quick things.

First, Terry is the best scorer off our bench, will be clutch playoff time.

Next, J. Collins has no business seeing the floor unless emerg., maybe 2mins game tops. Thus our need for help at very thin #4/ #5 spot.

Third, Sully is coming into his shoes. A few nice games here for him, very good to see.

Last, let's remember its the Phx Suns, one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA.
    I agree he will come in very handy in the playoffs, but Jeff Green is starting to emerge as out best offensive weapon off the bench right now.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    I want gortat and Dudley
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Lee, Bass, and Melo works money wise.
    The Suns aren't going to trade Dudley. They've made it known how much they love him, but Lee/Bass and Melo for Gortat can certainly happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    The Suns aren't going to trade Dudley. They've made it known how much they love him, but Lee/Bass and Melo for Gortat can certainly happen.
    You are incorrect, as his name has come up in talks recently with Memphis.

Phoenix is one team that hasn’t been mentioned much in trade speculation, but it’s believed the Suns would be more than willing participants, especially assisting in multi-player deals. They have zero untouchables, and word is, they plan to see what they might be able to get for the likes of forwards Jared Dudley and Michael Beasley, and even center Marcin Gortat.FOXSportsOhio
    There's no framework of a possible deal in place, but the Grizzlies have expressed a strong desire that any package involving Gay include Suns forward Jared Dudley and future first-round draft picks, sources said. Yahoo! Sports
    Dudley said trade talks are a compliment. “If Steve (Nash) can get traded, anyone can,” Dudley said. “I’ll just keep doing what I do.” Arizona Republic

vCash
    You are incorrect, as his name has come up in talks recently with Memphis.
    That's for an upgrade at his position though, of course they would look at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    That's for an upgrade at his position though, of course they would look at that.
    This. Suns aren't going to just throw away Dudley

I would take on Beasley and if cans swap Green and keep Bradley/Sully.

Gortat, Beasley, Tucker, for Green Lee and Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    This. Suns aren't going to just throw away Dudley

I would take on Beasley and if cans swap Green and keep Bradley/Sully.

Gortat, Beasley, Tucker, for Green Lee and Melo.
    I didn't say they would trade him for anyone, I merely pointed out he was talked about as being available when B's said they weren't going to trade him.

Beasley absolutely sucks. Don't want him at all.

vCash
    Beasley does suck, but there is no other incentive for Phoenix a team facing mediocrity to take back long term contracts of guys already in their prime for their best player. If we aren't going to give legitimate prospects Bradley/Sully for him we would at least have to take back their trash.

vCash
    I agree he will come in very handy in the playoffs, but Jeff Green is starting to emerge as out best offensive weapon off the bench right now.
    I like Jeff Green, I hope he improves. But J. Terry is a proven scorer in this league. The best scoring option off the Celtics bench is Jason Terry, Doc Rivers will count on him come playoff time a lot. More than J. Green, trust me.

Again, spliting hairs here, but he was the Celtics #1 offseason target per Danny Anige and Doc Rivers. Terry can score, J. Green still has a lot to prove.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    I like Jeff Green, I hope he improves. But J. Terry is a proven scorer in this league. The best scoring option off the Celtics bench is Jason Terry, Doc Rivers will count on him come playoff time a lot. More than J. Green, trust me.

Again, spliting hairs here, but he was the Celtics #1 offseason target per Danny Anige and Doc Rivers. Terry can score, J. Green still has a lot to prove.
    Just because Doc will count on him doesn't necessarily make him the best option. We all know Doc's loyal to a fault at times. Terry is a proven scorer, but he is also on the down side of his career. He's been wildly inconsistent this season with stretches of horrible shootng. As fans of the Celtics we have to hope Bradley's return will enable Terry to establish a comfort zone coming off the bench and his game responds accordingly. There have been signs the last few games that this is happening.

There are also signs of Green and Lee embracing their roles and becoming comfortable. Green has also been wildly inconsistent but his potential as a young player is much higher than Terry at this point. And over the last month+ Lee has been the most consistent of the bunch.

Terry's playoff experience is huge though. Experience can carry the day sometimes. If he can regain form, yeah, he could be key in a playoff run.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Just because Doc will count on him doesn't necessarily make him the best option. We all know Doc's loyal to a fault at times. Terry is a proven scorer, but he is also on the down side of his career. He's been wildly inconsistent this season with stretches of horrible shootng. As fans of the Celtics we have to hope Bradley's return will enable Terry to establish a comfort zone coming off the bench and his game responds accordingly. There have been signs the last few games that this is happening.

There are also signs of Green and Lee embracing their roles and becoming comfortable. Green has also been wildly inconsistent but his potential as a young player is much higher than Terry at this point. And over the last month+ Lee has been the most consistent of the bunch.

Terry's playoff experience is huge though. Experience can carry the day sometimes. If he can regain form, yeah, he could be key in a playoff run.
    Agreed good points

I just look at the facts here, we know that J. Terry can score and is great off the bench. Yes, he is on the downside of his career, but not that far down. He/ Terry can still get it done, and I think he will come playoff time.

J. Green I agree is getting better, but he is 1 year removed from major heart surgery. While at times has shown signs, needs to show more consistant basis.

All in all, some really good points, great post Opalmerr!

LARRY BIRD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345