Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Hickey should make the team out of camp with Gardnier being out...that would allow the Leafs to send Reilly back to junior where he belongs

vCash
    Sorry Hickey is a bettert player than Rielly now?

Also, Hickey is an example of why sending a prospect back to junior isn't clearly going to make him better.

Hickey went back to junior twice and still hasn't done anything (including playing a single NHL game) despite his high draft spot.

vCash
    No one said he was better than Rielly. Just doesn't make sense to have Rielly up until next year. Hickeys never really been given a chance and seeing as how Komisarek might be getting regular minutes...I'd take a chance on Hickey.

vCash
    At what point did I say Hickey was better than Reilly??? Easy there buddy...Hickey would be a stop gap player for this season and Reilly would develope in junior.

So you are saying that Reilly is going to be a bust like Hickey has been so far if he gets sent back to junior? I don't understand what you have against players developing in junior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    No one said he was better than Rielly. Just doesn't make sense to have Rielly up until next year. Hickeys never really been given a chance and seeing as how Komisarek might be getting regular minutes...I'd take a chance on Hickey.
    nice sig.

I agree, looking at hickeys ice time he wasn't given the chance. They babied him to an extreme there even though most of his injuries were because he played too aggressively.

I think Hickey could be a very low-risk/ high-reward pickup. He`s on a one year deal and the LA defense is pretty solid for now and lot`s of talk they want to move him and give him a fresh start.

As i said before, if the price is right, i wouldn`t mind a deal with Bernier and Hickey coming here and putting pressure on Reimer, Gardiner, Franson, and Reilly to really force the leafs hand.

vCash
    May as well pick up Hickey. Nothing to lose. His brother Dan played Junoir with my brother while he was going to university down here. Nice people.

vCash
    Maybe It's just me but I don't think Bernier is all that much better than Reimer. I think maybe we underestimate James a little bit. The reason I'd bring Hickey in is to simply take minutes away from a guy like Komisarek, who's been awful since coming over as we all know. If Hickey is bad, so be it, put him back on waivers. I usually roll my eyes when fans say there's no way a guy clears waivers but in this case, I can't see it happening. There's just too much upside to not even consider him as a 7th dman. Can't see 29 teams passing on him.

vCash
    Remember last year when Reimer started hot and then took the head shot from Gionta? I think he'll do just fine this year. Clean slate.

vCash
    What time will we find out if someone claimed him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Maybe It's just me but I don't think Bernier is all that much better than Reimer. I think maybe we underestimate James a little bit. The reason I'd bring Hickey in is to simply take minutes away from a guy like Komisarek, who's been awful since coming over as we all know. If Hickey is bad, so be it, put him back on waivers. I usually roll my eyes when fans say there's no way a guy clears waivers but in this case, I can't see it happening. There's just too much upside to not even consider him as a 7th dman. Can't see 29 teams passing on him.
    Is there any way of finding out the order for wavier claims?

vCash
    Tomorrow i believe

vCash
    24 hours maybe?

Joe Finely was put on waivers yesterday and today it was announced that Buffalo picked him up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan16 View Post
    Is there any way of finding out the order for wavier claims?
    worst team (standing wise) gets a crack at him first. Good for us, we have a top-5/6 chance assuming Nonis is interested.

If Joe Finley couldn't clear i really doubt Hickey does, unless there is some unwritten rule.

vCash
    A good article was written by Mike Ulmer pretty much saying what if Reimer is the real deal?

I know that sounds really vague lol because he was bad last year, but that was due to a concussion and was off.. but when he was good everyone thought he would be great for a long time.

So I mean from that glass is half full kind of approach it makes sense. Everyone even media has totally forgotten about him and given him no credit but if he turns out to have a clean slate and plays like he did before he got hit in the head then that's pretty damn good.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke2; 01-14-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    And Benn isn't being dealt to Toronto lol even Dallas isn't that brain dead... they're gonna sign him everyone just relax on the hopes.

But the Hickey on Waivers is interesting. I'd go after him.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast