Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    People were comparing him a little to Belak. Apparently he can play D and 4th line wing. Could be useful for the Marlies when they lose a lot of their players.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    Ray Ferraro thinks it's possible O'Reilly and/or Benn could be traded if they don't sign soon. He adds that both teams don't want to but will if they have to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Ray Ferraro thinks it's possible O'Reilly and/or Benn could be traded if they don't sign soon. He adds that both teams don't want to but will if they have to.
    That's where things get interesting. O'Reilly is exactly the type of centre we need and can be a guy to build around.

No idea what a package would be, but I would assume a 1st and Gardiner would be involved as starters.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    That's where things get interesting. O'Reilly is exactly the type of centre we need and can be a guy to build around.

No idea what a package would be, but I would assume a 1st and Gardiner would be involved as starters.
    I was thinking something like Gardiner, Kadri/Mac, and a 2014 first. I think they might want this years first though. But your right things will get interesting soon, season starts in 5 days.

vCash
    Try to get the deal done without tossing away our first or Gardiner. No idea how it might work out but trading that first is idiotic if we end up doing nothing with our goaltending. That 1st could still be a top 10 pick even with O'Reilly in the line up. I would love to have that kid on our team though obviously.

vCash
    Benn is a better player..just doesnt take many faceoffs

vCash
    They're gonna want it, no way they trade O'Reilly away for anything less than Gardiner or that 1st.

If we could find a way to acquire another 2nd rounder i think Gardiner, Bozak, and 2 2nds would be enough for a deal. Gardiner is a great young talent but i have a few questions about his health now. Almost a month and a half ago he was "close to being ready" but now he's still "close to being ready" and hasn't been cleared for physical contact yet. Would suck to lose gardiner but i think it's a deal Nonis would make.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    Thomas Hickey has been placed on waivers... interested?

Also i posted a little theory i had about Burke's firing and how Luongo and Bernier (yup him again) might be involved. It's a little out there but that's what i do.

FWIW i would take a shot on Hickey

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I'd take a shot on Hickey too...he would be a depth d-man on an already soft defence

vCash
    thomas hickey isn't soft, he plays big and has a lot of talent. The only problem is the injuries but hey if all it takes is a waiver claim i would be up for it, i hope nonis is too.

I'd rather have Hickey get a tryout here than Kostka or Mottau that's for sure.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I'm not saying Hickey is soft, I'm saying the current Leafs blueline is soft

vCash
    o my bad.

anywho i though of a D corps like this.

Dion - Gunnar
    Liles - Franson
    Komi - Hickey

Hickey, from all accounts, is a pretty beastly skater and i think could help Komi out a little. Hickey was touted as a potential power play quarterback when he was drafted but injuries have derailed his development and LA is baby-ing him a bit.

vCash
    Hickey would be a great pickup considering he'd cost nothing. He would have to make the roster though, correct?

vCash
    ya i think so, but just getting him for free i would let him have the spot. If we are going to play Komi and not go after Luo then i say give Hickey and Kadri a chance, let the dogs out!

vCash
    Dallas Stars have traded Mark Fristic (sp?) for a 3rd rounder from the Oilers. Damn some of these trades have been slight over payments.

possibly a Benn to Leafs deal in the works? jk

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast