Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    BIggest need by far is defense

vCash
    If Ryan O'Reilly stays unsigned then after next year he becomes a UFA. He's shown that he will go to Russia if he has to and if he is all about the money he might consider a longer holdout an option. Rumour is he might try and force a trade to a team willing to guve him $5 million AAV, we could be that team. Just wonder what they'd want back. Bozak, Franson, and a 2nd? too little obviously but with the team playing so well and us needing D more than anything else, theres nothing much we can offer them. Kulemin? possibly

A Denver post writer claims that O'Reilly COULD become a FA, he suspects that because the general terms of the CBA say something to that effect but might be changed or more the specifics could be more clearly outlined by the offseason. But Ryan would have to wait until after next season.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 02-02-2013 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyk13 View Post
    I dont think there will be any big trades...I think the core of the top three lines is filled. Each line has a skill player a hard working banger and combo guy
    Lupul/???/Kessel
    JVR/Grabo/Mac
    Kulemin/kadri/Frattin
    Komarov/Mcclement/Brown

in the off season id like to add Getzlaf in the middle and Nathan Horton to replace Mac...it might financially cripple the back end long term though
    Actually I think you're wrong. I think there will be a lot of trades... but nothing major with us getting an impact player.

I see Mac going, Franson may go, Liles possibly if someone wants him.
    I wouldn't totally count out Kessel not going anywhere but I still think it's unlikely.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    O'Reilly is a great player and all, but what he's doing is a little stupid TBH.

I mean he's a young kid and he's holding out for max money... I mean just play and shutup. I know it's how the NHL is nowadays but still I mean he's being a total douche by holding out and not playing. 5 Million for him? I mean come on.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    O'Reilly is a great player and all, but what he's doing is a little stupid TBH.

I mean he's a young kid and he's holding out for max money... I mean just play and shutup. I know it's how the NHL is nowadays but still I mean he's being a total douche by holding out and not playing. 5 Million for him? I mean come on.
    But why?

If he doesn't get paid now, he very well may never get paid again if he has injury problems and/or poor performance.

He's using his leverage which is very fair. Colorado doesn't have to pay him and one of them will fold eventually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Actually I think you're wrong. I think there will be a lot of trades... but nothing major with us getting an impact player.

I see Mac going, Franson may go, Liles possibly if someone wants him.
    I wouldn't totally count out Kessel not going anywhere but I still think it's unlikely.
    My bad I meant not a lot of trades for acquiring a forward...yes I could see those guys getting traded but I dont see Kessel getting dealt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    But why?

If he doesn't get paid now, he very well may never get paid again if he has injury problems and/or poor performance.

He's using his leverage which is very fair. Colorado doesn't have to pay him and one of them will fold eventually.
    agree. he doesnt have a contract and he doesnt have to play in the NHL if he doesnt want too. Nothing wrong with what he is doing especially after how long the lockout lasted.

vCash
    Pens had scouts at game looking at Kulemin last night?

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I'd be happy with a 1st for Kulemin and turn that pick into a goalie (Fucale or Martin)

vCash
    Better get more than a first.

vCash
    As a Leaf fan we all hope for more than a 1st, but Kulemin had a horrible year stats wise. He is putting up better numbers this year and would thrive in Pittsburgh with Malkin. Maybe Dustin Jeffrey and a 1st?

vCash
    If they move Kuli, i'm guessing that is a sign of more to come? Maybe moving players like Phaneuf and/or Kessel and a buy out or two. Nonis probably wants to put his stamp on this team and also after watching these players for the last few years can tell he doesn't have a winning formula in them. Here's hoping for a FIRESALE!!!

vCash
    As long as Nonis doesn't pull a Burke and trade two 1sts and a 2nd for O'Reilly because he can't assess talent then I'm all good...Nonis should be looking to move any and all players not named Frattin, JVR, Reilly and Gardnier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    As long as Nonis doesn't pull a Burke and trade two 1sts and a 2nd for O'Reilly because he can't assess talent then I'm all good...Nonis should be looking to move any and all players not named Frattin, JVR, Reilly and Gardnier
    Some of these seem a bit arbitrary.

Why is Frattin on that list but Kadri isn't?

I'd also rather keep Kesell long term than JVR in all liklihood (though obviously it depends on the offers and Kesell's UFA status)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Some of these seem a bit arbitrary.

Why is Frattin on that list but Kadri isn't?

I'd also rather keep Kesell long term than JVR in all liklihood (though obviously it depends on the offers and Kesell's UFA status)
    Frattin is on this list because he is the type of player the Leafs need more of. He goes to the net, the corners and fights for the puck in the slot. He's a gamer. JVR is very similar with more skill. Kessel plays a perimeter game and when he isn't scoring (like now) he has nothing to offer. You really want to sign this guy to an extension for $6.0 plus a season...no thanks.

Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast