Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    I wouldn't do it I think if Lecavalier can't come back.

Is it worth trading Grabovski and 61.84 million. for Brett Conollly.

Thats a bit crazy. MLSE won't write Lecavalier a 60 million dollar check to walk away.
    Fair enough...I was lazy and just looked at nhl numbers and thought he only had 3 years left. I see your point at 60M instead of 30M

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    No more experiments with older players that are overpaid and don't perform...no more Connollys, Komi's, Phaneuf's etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post
    What would it take to get O'Reilly from COL do you think? A decent spec and a 2nd (which would be 31-37th in 2013)? Maybe they would take a guy like MacArthur/Bozak even? That would really round out our top six.

Lupul - O'Reilly - Kessel
    van Reimsdyk - Grabovski - Kulemin
    O'Reiley would be much more expensive IMO. He leapfrogged Stasny last year and is turning into a stud player for Col, assuming they can find a way to sign him. It would cost the Leafs a top prospect and a #1 or something int that range. O'Reiley would be a guy I would really want to aquire though, I think he's going to turn into a franchise type player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Why would this team want Stastny? You really think they are Stastny away from being a contender? The last thing the Leafs should be doing is trading anyone for an overpaid, under achieving player. The Leafs need to do this rebuild right. No more kicking the tires trying the quick fix with players that are overpaid and don't live up to the hype (Dion Phaneuf).
    Stastny has two years left on his deal.

What's his downside. If he finds his game, he could be a valuable asset that could be traded or help propel this club forward. He's 27 years old.

If he doesn't he expires in two seasons.

If we're not contending we have cap room and can take risks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    No more experiments with older players that are overpaid and don't perform...no more Connollys, Komi's, Phaneuf's etc
    Phaneuf was 24 years old when we traded for him.

Its a bad example

vCash
    Why dont the leafs offer sheet him? If they are that far apart maybe put a long term deal on the table and male colorado show there hand....you either get him or handcuff them into trading stastny

vCash
    I guess we dont wanna give up a first and 2nd if your team is gonna be this bad....thinking outloud

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyk13 View Post
    Why dont the leafs offer sheet him? If they are that far apart maybe put a long term deal on the table and male colorado show there hand....you either get him or handcuff them into trading stastny
    We don't necessary want Stastny and also we don't want to give up a first round pick or prospects when our pick will be quite high this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyk13 View Post
    I guess we dont wanna give up a first and 2nd if your team is gonna be this bad....thinking outloud
    Offer sheets are extremely rare... and not likely to happen anytime soon.
    It just pisses GM's off and it's sort of pointless because teams most likely will just match.

But I would still like to see one happen... just for the sake of making it interesting.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Alot of the Insider Talk going on during the Subban contract dispute was that after the Flyers made that mental offer sheet to Weber last summer that pretty much all of the GM's really really soured on offer sheets. That was a snake job designed to screw over a franchise and all thoughts of offer sheets happening really took a beating after that situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Phaneuf was 24 years old when we traded for him.

Its a bad example
    You're only picking one of his bad examples? There's so many, why are you stopping there?

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    You're only picking one of his bad examples? There's so many, why are you stopping there?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cNBkks-62g

vCash
    Zach Boychuk on waivers. Could be an interesting pickup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Zach Boychuk on waivers. Could be an interesting pickup.
    I guess so.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I try to be charitable.

The problem with Lavy is while he does have a sense of realism that some Leaf fans (including a few friends of mine has), he goes too far and too extreme. He thinks everything is bad about the team when its not true. He assumes the players are all useless and need to be traded when thats not true. He thinks totally blowing it up is the right thing when thats not really accurate. And he assumes that purely going to a pure prospect team will build a contender when a few teams have tried that with minimum results.

Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast