Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    vCash
    And why would Minnesota deal Backstrom? He's a UFA anyways and it's a shortened season.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco1 View Post
    I just happened to read an article in Minneapolis paper and it mentioned possibly trading him if right deal came along. Plus with new cap I don't see them resigning him unless they get him at a big discount.
    I just find it hard to believe they let Backstrom go when Harding was diagnosed with MS and they brought in the big FA signings to actually compete for a solid playoff run. I'd be shocked if Backstrom was resigned

vCash
    Not sure why they would or if its true, just kinda peaked my interest when I read it. Can see it from both sides though, trade him if you can get value in return because he's a free agent and I don't think they'll resign him. Don't trade him because of the 48 game grind and will need 2 solid goaltenders especially with the lack of a full training camp. I personally think wild are 2 years away from being really good so if you can get value out of him now you do it.

vCash
    to all the Grabovski haters, go watch the game right now. Another goal. Moving on.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    He's getting results for sure now but he has does a lot more hidden stuff than people given him credit for.

Some of this offense is unsustainable though

vCash
    has it been made public what VAN is looking for in a trade for loungo.would kadri reimer and next years first get it done?theres no way in hell this team is going anywhere in th near future if our first 3 c`s are bozak kadri and grabo.especially not with reimer or scrivens in net.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafswin2011 View Post
    has it been made public what VAN is looking for in a trade for loungo.would kadri reimer and next years first get it done?theres no way in hell this team is going anywhere in th near future if our first 3 c`s are bozak kadri and grabo.especially not with reimer or scrivens in net.
    I doubt Van moves his this year...they need stability in net and Luongo is that if Schneider craps the bed

vCash
    I would be pissed if Toronto added that horrible contract of Luongo's to the fold. He's a horrible fit for some many reasons IMO. Toronto is obviously not competing for a cup anytime soon and he's on the wrong side of 30 and is locked up for how many more years? The other reason being why the hell would we trade for a goalie that VAN is trading because they don't think he's good enough? Struggles in playoffs? Is this really a guy we should be targeting? I'm surprised VAN is looking for assets in return, I figured if they could rid themselves of that contract somehow, he would be out the door!

vCash
    Well TSN and Snet keep saying that VAN wants Bozak, Kadri and a 2nd. Based on their play so far i would barely be willing to offer Bozak.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    **** Luongo. For what it would cost to get him, it would set this team back farther and then what? By the time we'd have a competitive team he'd be retired or past his prime. Pointless.

vCash
    Only if he is available for cheap. I think Luongo's contract is a financial cancer.

vCash
    Another team who struggles in goal this year (besides us) is gonna snatch up Luongo I think. AKA Philly, Washington, Us, etc.

I think Philly and Holmgren being as brash as they are with big deals go after either Luongo or Subban or even both. They have prospects, they have a truck load of forwards (which is what Vancouver wants).

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    At this point, we cannot be even considering dealing away picks. If anything, we should be trading FOR picks. This is a deep draft and our 1st, second and even 3rd picks are going to be decent. (Assuming we still own our 3rd??)
    But that first and second pick need to stay with us, unless we are trading them for Stamkos.

vCash
    ^ Oh if the Leafs deal picks this deadline or before it I will be furious. They would be a laughing stock.

Go for youth and keep the picks. Especially for this year's draft

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    How about Kessel + 3rd/4th rnd pick to NYI for Nino Niederreiter + 1st rnd pick???? All picks are for this years draft.

Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast