Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    Yes, Ryan O'Reilly is coming home from KHL. No, he is not any closer to deal with COL. There's been no progress. None.

vCash
    ^ Him Subban and Benn are still not close to contracts. According to McKenzie he thinks Subban is going to be traded.

I wonder where Subban goes and for how much... O'Reilly sounds likely to be traded too. Benn the least likely I think Dallas re-signs him... but still.

I'd go after O'Reilly for sure. And Subban (not both) but it would take a whole lot. Imagine Subban going to Boston? Ouf lethal.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    PK to the Flyers for Couts makes a lot of sense, i don't see either 3 of these guys coming out way anytime soon. The only guy i would really give up anything for would be Benn he is a proven player IMO, the other 2 still are a bit unknowns as far as what they are going to bring on a year to year basis.

Frattin, Kadri, 2nd for Benn.

vCash
    I would be all over O'Reiley. Guy made a major jump last year and knows he is a stud, reason he is still holding out. I hope Nonis is trying to figure a way to bring him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    PK to the Flyers for Couts makes a lot of sense, i don't see either 3 of these guys coming out way anytime soon. The only guy i would really give up anything for would be Benn he is a proven player IMO, the other 2 still are a bit unknowns as far as what they are going to bring on a year to year basis.

Frattin, Kadri, 2nd for Benn.
    They wouldn't take that, it's too little. They would probably ask for our 1st rounder, maybe even Gardiner or Rielly.

Benn's a terrific player and will only get better, so IF they deal him which I think Dallas would be wise not too and just pay the man, I think they'd ask for a whole lot.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    I'd be curious what management is willing to give compared to what the players want.

In some ways for Subban its worth overpaying a bit if you can out some FA years.

vCash
    The problem with Subban is years, the problem with O'Reilly is the dollars, and who knows with Benn

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    If O'Reilly was a Leaf, based on recent signings he would have been awarded a 5 year $27.5 million contract. The Avs are offering him $3.5 per season, $2 million less than what the Leafs are paying Grabovski even though they put up similar numbers last year. I know that Grabovski was a pending UFA and the Leafs were over the barrel...that's management's problem for not having any depth to negotiate from.

vCash
    Any interest in wild g nick Backstrom for Tyler Biggs, Carter Ashton, and Petter Granberg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco1 View Post
    Any interest in wild g nick Backstrom for Tyler Biggs, Carter Ashton, and Petter Granberg?
    why would the wild deal N.Backstrom?

vCash
    I just happened to read an article in Minneapolis paper and it mentioned possibly trading him if right deal came along. Plus with new cap I don't see them resigning him unless they get him at a big discount.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    If O'Reilly was a Leaf, based on recent signings he would have been awarded a 5 year $27.5 million contract. The Avs are offering him $3.5 per season, $2 million less than what the Leafs are paying Grabovski even though they put up similar numbers last year. I know that Grabovski was a pending UFA and the Leafs were over the barrel...that's management's problem for not having any depth to negotiate from.
    Two things

1, Being UFA eligible means the price goes up. The Leafs lack of depth had to do with it also but mainly if your a UFA elibile player instead of an RFA your getting paid more.

2, The Avs are offering 3.5 million, but O'Reilly isn't accepting it and says the team isn't close. I suspect his price will get higher or they won't buy out any UFA years. I highly doubt O'Reilly's agent will settle for less than 4 million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco1 View Post
    I can't believe i'm saying this but no deal with Bozak involved. The guy is playing like a man possessed right now, and he has improved his faceoffs. I'd like to see where this leads before i let him go.

vCash
    Jesus shut up about Grabovski. This thread is such a pain in the *** it should be renamed "What everyone thinks about Grabovski being signed 7 months ago" get over it.

O'Reilly wants more then 3 million and he will get it. He's still young. Grabovski is 29 years old O'Reilly is early twenties.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I can't believe i'm saying this but no deal with Bozak involved. The guy is playing like a man possessed right now, and he has improved his faceoffs. I'd like to see where this leads before i let him go.
    Exaclty why trade value goes up

No but rumors are Leafs will resign Bozak so.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast