Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well, I am all for trading Grabovski at this point. He has been invisible the first two games and Kadri is showing he is capable of centring the second line. I know grabo's line seems to be in more of a checking role, but he's overpaid to do that.

vCash
    How can we get Colton Orr off this team? What do we need to do?

Why don't we give Keith Aucoin or Ryan Hamilton or Mike Zigomanis or Matt Frattin or pretty much any player who has done anything at the AHL level a shot over this clown.

This could be applied to Mike Brown also.

We just literally waste 6 minutes a game with our horrific 4th line effort.

All the guys who get scratched for these two stiffs could be somewhat useful.

Not that this is everything, but these guys have 25 goals in over 600 career games.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...rs-source-says

nino niederreiter wants a trade, anyone interested?

vCash
    ^ The isles are a salary floor team. Komi, Mac, Grabo, or any high cap hit player on our team could interest them if we kept salary. Nino accused them last year of keeping him on the team only to have his bonuses put them a few thousand dollars over the cap floor. What the hell is wrong with Wong and Snow? lmao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    How can we get Colton Orr off this team? What do we need to do?

Why don't we give Keith Aucoin or Ryan Hamilton or Mike Zigomanis or Matt Frattin or pretty much any player who has done anything at the AHL level a shot over this clown.

This could be applied to Mike Brown also.

We just literally waste 6 minutes a game with our horrific 4th line effort.

All the guys who get scratched for these two stiffs could be somewhat useful.

Not that this is everything, but these guys have 25 goals in over 600 career games.
    Do you really want to waste Frattin on the 4th line when he can play 18-20 for the Marlies? This Leafs team sorely lacked toughness last year and got pushed around like little kids against teams like Boston and New York. Hate Orr all you want but the guy will go to war with you and stand up for your teammates. If your playing a really small team then sure, throw in a Zigomanis, but with players getting bigger and stronger, you need an enforcer again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Do you really want to waste Frattin on the 4th line when he can play 18-20 for the Marlies? This Leafs team sorely lacked toughness last year and got pushed around like little kids against teams like Boston and New York. Hate Orr all you want but the guy will go to war with you and stand up for your teammates. If your playing a really small team then sure, throw in a Zigomanis, but with players getting bigger and stronger, you need an enforcer again.
    Especially in the Northeast division. Buffalo clearly has gone the tough guy route. Montreal brought in Prust. Boston has always played this style.

vCash
    I thought Orr was a dead man when he went with Scott. Pleasantly shocked that he dropped him. I was fired up after that for a little bit.

vCash
    Say no to Nino.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Not Frattin necessarily.

We don't need toughness in terms of Orr.

Enforcers are useless, they're only tough towards each other.

Orr gets easy ice time and yet he still does absolutely nothing tangible for this team.

The reaosn the Leafs aren't good is not a lack of toughness. its taking penalties, not drawing penalties, bad defense and bad goaltending and bad penalty killing which has plagued this team.

None of that Colton Orr fixes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I was just looking over 2013 pending UFA's and there is a few outside the obvious (Perry and Getzlaf) I would target. Niklas Backstrom in net, Ryan O'Bryne on defense, Nathan Horton (home town discount) and I would love to pick up David Clarkson (home town discount) and BJ Crombeen (home town discount). Imagine a 3rd line of McClement, Crombeen and Clarkson...now that's grit.
    Horton says he's feeling great and would be a great snag. Clarkson and Crombeen would also be great players to bring in IMO. I believe I saw a show talking about J.Harding being diagnosed with MS, so i'm guessing Minny wouldn't want to throw him in to starters minutes and will more then likely find a way to resign Backstrom? Especially after bringing in Suter and Parise and wanting to compete.

vCash
    Wasn't sure where to put this but thought it was interesting.....

Nick Kypreos reported Tuesday that there have been preliminary discussions within MLSE about Wayne Gretzky possibly being the next president of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
    TSN's Bob McKenzie also noted on Twitter on Tuesday that the position is one Gretzky would seriously consider but McKenzie noted there has been no direct contact between the two camps at this point. It's a report that is sure to get the rumor mill in Toronto flowing at a rabid pace, but until MLSE approaches Gretzky's camp, it's still just that, a rumor. We'll keep an ear to the ground for any updates as this story is highly unlikely to just disappear.

vCash
    It'd be pretty sweet to have the greatest hockey player of all time looking over the hockey side of the organization. I'm not going to get excited at this point.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Not Frattin necessarily.

We don't need toughness in terms of Orr.

Enforcers are useless, they're only tough towards each other.

Orr gets easy ice time and yet he still does absolutely nothing tangible for this team.

The reaosn the Leafs aren't good is not a lack of toughness. its taking penalties, not drawing penalties, bad defense and bad goaltending and bad penalty killing which has plagued this team.

None of that Colton Orr fixes
    They would be a better team if the added team toughness...players like BJ Crombeen and David Clarkson that are gritty and can play the game too. They also suck because they only have 1-2 proven legit top 6 players and they are both soft. This team needs a new identity and new leaders. A second line of Grabovski, Mac and Kulemin...that screams BRUTAL right there.

vCash
    Gretzky would certainly make TO look more UFA friendly, could help this year but i'm not overly excited about it.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    Say no to Nino.
    You beat me to it....Hell no Nino!!!!

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast