Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He'll be bought out. I figured he was next to go. We have the cap space and if we decide to use one of the compliance buyouts we won't be paying him after this season. They're trying to open a spot for Kadri to finally get the shot he's deserved for the last 2 years. It's nice to see Nonis clearing out some of Burke's crap signings. Must of sucked to be Nonis when Burke was in charge and was telling Nonis to negotiate with some of those players. Must of rolled his eyes a few times.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 01-17-2013 at 11:34 AM.

vCash
    O'Reilly wasn't in the lineup for his KHL team, some thought it was because he was going back to Colorado but it turns out he is just injured.

vCash
    Henrik Karlsson and Leland Irving have been placed on waivers by the Flames. Karlsson interests me a bit and could get a claim or two.

vCash
    How many people will think I'm an idiot for posting this as my very first addition to your fine board?
    The Leafs have a huge hole at centre from top to bottom in the entire organization. Other than Grabo, they have nothing, Colborne wasn't even invited to camp so how here does that put him on Nonis and Carlyle's depth chart? Based on past free agant signings, forget Getzlaf comming here.
    They need J. Benn And to get him they need to send Dallas real assets.
    Gardiner and Kessel for Benn and Dallas 1st. I would not even consider this if we didn't have Rielly to replace Gardiner. If Leafs get lucky they might get two top 5 picks this summer. Nieuwendyk probably says no even with this overpayment and I can hear the leaf fans already screaming for my head. No matter how well Kessel does in Toronto, people will always shake their heads at "that trade". Kessel could become an even better player without the intense pressure in Toronto. Any constructive thoughts?

vCash
    No dice on that deal dude.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    If the Leafs are going to overpay for anything it has to be a young natural center or a future starting goalie...and I wouldn't do that unless the deal blew me out of the water

vCash
    Welcome NOT_COMPLIC8TED,

I think we overpay on that deal but thats just me. Second, i doubt the Stars have any interest in dealing Benn now that they are rumoured to be very close on a long-term deal with him. Third, Kessel has more value to a team like the Colorado Avalanche, because they have supporting pieces for him. The Stars would have Kessel and only Kessel, similar to this situation, so i don't think Nieuwendyk would bite on that.

Still not crazier than my trade ideas though, so good job lol

vCash
    Blob MacKenzie tweeted that it looks like Morgan Rielly will go back to Moose Jaw. Proper decision. I'm sure we'll see him next year. I'm pretty excited about that kid.

vCash
    don't get your hopes up but Frattin is not skating this morning and is unlikely to be sent back to the AHL (not clear if he would have to clear waivers). Might be a trade in the works or an injury, either way we could be in for some minor news soon.

vCash
    according to Mirtle Frattin will be cut today and sent back to the Marlies

vCash
    No way in hell would I ever trade Gardiner, the only time I would is if we were guaranteed Seth Jones in the draft.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Henrik Karlsson and Leland Irving have been placed on waivers by the Flames. Karlsson interests me a bit and could get a claim or two.
    I don't see the point. Flames are going to need a goalie to replace Kipper any year now so i'm guessing these goalies are **** if Calgary isn't holding on to them. We don't need a depth goalie, we need a good goalie, just my opinion.

vCash
    Redden signs one year in St. Louis for 800,000 according to TSN. But I didn't expect Leafs would sign him anyway. We already have 9 D-men according to camp today.

Frattin does not have to go through waivers. Otherwise, he would have made this team for sure.
    Good for Kadri for making it finally. Kid deserves a spot. So far, I'm a big Nonis fan!

vCash
    I don't understand why the leafs didn't grab Nick Palmieri off of waivers. The few times I watched him play, he brought 110% every shift. Skating could improve but move well for a man of his size. Great shot, good defensively, goes to the dirty spots on the ice, A Carlyle type player and only 23 with a cap hit of $575,000
    Is it a matter of the Leafs having too many contracts?

vCash
    I like Palmieri and would rather him in the lineup over Orr. Obviously Carlyle likes this team as constructed right now, and if Nonis was willing to waive Connolly because he wasn't a "carlyle type player" then clearly he wants Orr on this team.

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast