Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Why is now the perfect timing to trade a 30 goal scorer exactly, who's played with practically scrubby centers his whole time here but still managed to light it up and is only 25 years old.

Am I missing something here??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Why is now the perfect timing to trade a 30 goal scorer exactly, who's played with practically scrubby centers his whole time here but still managed to light it up and is only 25 years old.

Am I missing something here??
    They were just saying for Benn what it could cost dealing Kessel and whatnot. But you do have to think if Kessel doesn't have a great year or whatnot his contract is up and the decisions will come soon what will be done. I think they keep him though, if he wants to be here.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Lot's of reasons to keep him and lot's to trade him.

How will he handle more time in Carlyle's system?
    Will he re-sign?
    Is what he brings more significant than what we could acquire on the trade market?

Unless Kessel wins a conn smythe, an Art Ross, a Richard, and a Stanely Cup here people will always be reminded of the trade. Looking at Colorado, they have no top line wingers to go with Duchene, Landeskog will evetually be one but PA Parenteau? no way man.

I'd love to keep Kessel but if Nonis doesn't think he is right for his team he will trade him

vCash
    Well that's a given. Kessel has been under fire the second he put on a Leafs jersey. Sometimes he's deserved it but to be honest a lot of the times he hasn't. Yes he's a question defensively, a lot of pure goal scorers are... it's rare to have a breed of amazing goal scoring and tremendous forecheck skills... minus the greats.

He's been good offensively, better the last few years especially last year. He's been knocked for inconsistency which I agree but only in spurts. Only thing I dislike about Kessel is lack of leadership. He's quiet and seems like a baby.. he won't change now but if he is dealt later on in the future then I see that being a reason why.

But yeah he won't be going anywhere this year.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Also, forgot to add, Kessel has yet to have a very good Center play on a line with him. I think Leaf fans forget that at times, so does the media. He's had Bozak.... that's it.

Imagine a Getzlaf playing with Kessel. That'd be lethal. Easy 40 goals for Kessel. Easy.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    I never read the tweet..just people saying McKenzie said the leafs are kicking tires on bernier

vCash
    ^ Boom, i had a theory that they would re-visit that. Perhaps i will re-post it if we acquire him.

BTW the TSN 30 team breakdown will be starting @ 8pm est if you are interested.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    I have it on right now...I wont miss that.stuff

vCash
    Trading Kessel sends this club backwards.

If you want a full rebuild and blowing it completely up and your not planning on resigning him (or it doesnt look like he resigns and we aren't going for the playoffs) then fine trade him.

But he's this team's best player and an offensive player not easily replaced at all.

vCash
    Ugh... this goalie talk before the year is driving me nuts. It's going back and fourth and changing and back and fourth.

First Luongo for months with a mix of Bernier as a possibility, then Bernier got a hotter topic, then it disappeared when Burke supposedly said no to LA, Burke gets fired and everyone thinks Lu will be a Leafs immediately, he isn't, then everyone says they will stick with Reimer and Scrivens because he's healthy and that's the easiest thing to do, then Luongo again now Bernier.

MY GOD. Just start the damn season.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    But yeah I'm still down for Bernier LOL. I think he'd be an upgrade on Reimer despite people who may disagree. Plus I like the Kings and I wouldn't mind giving them pieces for Bernier rather then loading up Vancouver (who's desperate for forwards because of Kesler being hurt and Booth is now hurt)

I think Bernier is a goalie with massive potential still. He could be a Schneider like guy and just need some constant starts.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    @ Luke
    re: Burke turning down Bernier offer
    my theory is about this specifically and might explain why Nonis is still around...

EDIT: i hate this new reply system
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    @ Luke
    re: Burke turning down Bernier offer
    my theory is about this specifically and might explain why Nonis is still around...

EDIT: i hate this new reply system
    Yeah the system is weird lol but it's all fancy and **** so I like it.

Anyways back to topic, I always liked the idea of us getting Bernier. If you look at his age, stats as a backup and potential, he can certainly be a good starter in this league and would cost less then Luongo.

Don't get me wrong I think Luongo makes us better, but Bernier is cheaper and younger. Only risk is he better than Reimer and will he prove he can start. But I like the idea.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    I think we can all agree that we aren't going on a cup run this year so we may as well find out what talent we have in our system this year. The obvious players that come to mind are Reimer and Kadri. Give Reimer a shot to prove that his season was affected by the head shot and that he's ready to take over the gig and run with it. Give Kadri a job and let him sink or swim. No point in jerking him around yet again and gives the GM a better idea of what they have in him. Next offseason should be once of the best offseason's to aquire talent so that's when it would be ideal to start putting pieces in place. just my opinion

vCash
    Yeah I agree too. I don't think the Leafs make a big surprise run here with the players they have. I would like to see Kadri, Frattin, Holzer, Kostka, Gardiner etc. all get time to play, and depending how they do I hope to see Colborne and guys like that some experience.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast