Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Maple Leafs Trade Idea Thread

Time for one, you know...

With hockey and all.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Apparently on TSN, Burke is looking at Bobby Ryan for a 1st + a spec.

It would be a good deal, depending on the prospect.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Ryan would be cool. If Burke already has a deal for Luo worked out then i pull the trigger on a Ryan trade if the Leafs can put up an offer close to what they are looking for. With Luo that pick is going to be less valuable.

I would honestly like to wait to see where Perry and Getzlaf go in the offseason, level playing field now for UFA's.

vCash
    I'd love to have Bobby Ryan on this team but at some point.. yah know.. maybe look at a centre. Just sayin. We're pretty loaded on the wing. Maybe not loaded per say but it's certainly a position of strength on a team with few strengths.

vCash
    Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
    Ryan - Grabovski - JVR
    Kulemin - ??? - MacArthur

Looks decent to me.

they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Apparently according to the tsn boys nonis is looking to do more then just aquire Lou

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Apparently according to the tsn boys nonis is looking to do more then just aquire Lou
    I would hope so. Lots of holes on this team, well we have plugs filling them as of now.

Kadri + Bozak + 2nd for Lu going to get done soon. If Gardiner is involved, we start the bring back Burkie campaign.

vCash
    Gardiner is hurt he isnt in a deal

vCash
    Just for giggles, I wonder if COL would still deal Statsny or keep some of salary back in a deal?

vCash
    When can teams officially make trades?

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    As soon as the PA releases the results of the ratification vote later today I'm pretty sure anything goes after that.

vCash
    The Memo of understanding has to be written before any deals can go down, the CBA has been ratified though.

What do you guys think about Ales Hemsky? We could get him dirt cheap IMO and he only has two years left and is very talented. He's been pretty close to a PPG player his whole career, except last year, and is a play maker. Grabo could use a guy to feed him the puck who's a lot more talented than MacArthur.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
    Jvr - Grabo - Hemsky
    Kulimen - McClement - MacArthur
    Frattin - Steckel - Komorav

Frees up the ability to move Mac/Kadri/Frattin for some goalie help or upgrade on D. I think Frattin would be enough for us to get Hemsky and a pick maybe (2nd?). And if he underperforms or is injured we can amnesty him.

EDIT: Maybe even expand the deal to get Khabibulin as a backup? I don't know what you guys think of Scivens but if the price is low enough i would be open to adding Ales Hemsky and Khabibulin. He played 40 games and had a 2.65GAA and a .910 sv% in front of the Oilers defence
    Last edited by OptiMized; 01-12-2013 at 07:35 PM.

vCash
    Hemsky has skill for sure, but he is too injury prone and lacks grit. Certainly not a player I would be targeting and he also carries a cap hit of $5 mil? This team needs:
    1. #1 Center
    2. more sandpaper in the lineup
    3. One or two veteran leadership guys that actually lead a team
    4. Goalie, although I still think Reimer deserves a shot, see if that head shot rattled him or not.

Looks like Hemsky didn't make my top 4 needs on my list

vCash
    Hemsky just signed a new deal i dount the oilers have any intrest in trading him

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    ^^^Still baffled Edmonton resigned him and that he got $5million/year. Seemed like they are stocked with small talented forwards already. If there GM doesn't completely screw things up over the next few years, i'm sure we will be watching the Oilers win atleast a handful of Stanley cups in the next decade.

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast