Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    13,570
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NYLON View Post
    So I suppose the Knicks made the right decision to let Jeremy Lin walk with us being 23-11 and all? Imagine what our record would be if we played defense like we did last year!

    Unfortunately for the Knicks, the NBA season is a marathon, not a sprint. How long are the fans going to live off the fast start? If Woodson doesn't right the ship on defense - and do it soon - you can kiss goodbye to a top four seed.
    Really don't want to get into the Lin arguments for the 10000000 time on this forum but I was on board with Letting Lin go when he was offered 3/25 mill that's a ****ing joke for a 20 game sample player but that's here nor there in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

    This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

    This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

    I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

    This is going to be a piece of cake.

    12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    GO NY GO NY GO!!
    Posts
    16,836
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    No Shumpert
    This. Our team defense is much better with him on the floor.


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    This. Our team defense is much better with him on the floor.
    Well..here is my issue... we were great(perhaps even better than last year) in the first part of this season on D, so what happened since then?

    whether it is lazyness now or whatever...something needs to be done to change this up...We supposedly have our best defensive team on the court(available right now) to start the game.. yet we are arguably one of the worst defensive team in the 1st Q in the NBA for the last 18 games or so?

    I agree that Shump will help(as well as Felton)... but why continue to throw guys out there that can't score..AND...are playing lousy D to boot
    If we are going to continue to get scored on in the beginning of games at an alarming rate...why not just put scorers out there to keep up so we don't have to come from behind every da@$ game ....

    There have been games where teams have gone 6-6 from the field to start the game etc.... pretty sure just about anyone could match that Defense

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    29,744
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    Well..here is my issue... we were great(perhaps even better than last year) in the first part of this season on D, so what happened since then?

    whether it is lazyness now or whatever...something needs to be done to change this up...We supposedly have our best defensive team on the court(available right now) to start the game.. yet we are arguably one of the worst defensive team in the 1st Q in the NBA for the last 18 games or so?

    I agree that Shump will help(as well as Felton)... but why continue to throw guys out there that can't score..AND...are playing lousy D to boot
    If we are going to continue to get scored on in the beginning of games at an alarming rate...why not just put scorers out there to keep up so we don't have to come from behind every da@$ game ....

    There have been games where teams have gone 6-6 from the field to start the game etc.... pretty sure just about anyone could match that Defense
    Every one was fresh. We were connecting on all of our 3's so that's less energy spent on trying to score and maintain a high level of defense.

    Now we have some tear on all of our players (Melo, STAT, Felton, Kidd have all missed a handful of games or more) and our offense has fallen a bit so we don't have these easy games anymore where we just roll over teams.

    Shumpert 100% should get us back to playing like we were last season.
    He is one of the better defensive players in the passing lanes and during crunch time, always getting a key defensive stop or steal in the last minutes. Brewer just isn't the type of defensive player Shumpert is.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Every one was fresh. We were connecting on all of our 3's so that's less energy spent on trying to score and maintain a high level of defense.

    Now we have some tear on all of our players (Melo, STAT, Felton, Kidd have all missed a handful of games or more) and our offense has fallen a bit so we don't have these easy games anymore where we just roll over teams.

    Shumpert 100% should get us back to playing like we were last season.
    He is one of the better defensive players in the passing lanes and during crunch time, always getting a key defensive stop or steal in the last minutes. Brewer just isn't the type of defensive player Shumpert is.
    The bold for sure... I guess I will admit he has played a bit better on D last couple of games... but he is so horrible on O that i truely believe we are playing 4 on 5 on that end of the floor..which is affecting everything to start games..shump needs to get back...can't wait to see his corner 3 that he has been working on during recovery.. because we all know he will be stationed there on the Offensive side ...and we can not continue to fall behind in games

    Hopefully Brewer can get back to his old defensive ways by the end of season..because it would be great to have shump and the old brewer for some lockdown D in the playoffs!!!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Really don't want to get into the Lin arguments for the 10000000 time on this forum but I was on board with Letting Lin go when he was offered 3/25 mill that's a ****ing joke for a 20 game sample player but that's here nor there in this thread.
    I can forgive James Dolan if letting Lin walk was due to the luxury tax. The Thunder were forced to trade James Harden because of the luxury tax, but it appears letting Lin walk was personal because the parties involved changed the offer at the last minute.

    I totally disagree that 3/25 mill is a ****ing joke for a 20 game sample player. Are you aware that a past his prime Amare Stoudemire is being paid $19,948,799 this year, $21,679,893 in 2013-14 and $23,410,988 in 2014-15 to come off the bench? Who has more trade value? Lin or Amare? The Rockets took a calculated risk on Lin's future production. Lin's best years are probably ahead of him, he is only 24 years old. Stoudemire's awful contract is the gift that keeps on giving. Matching Lin's offer sheet wouldn't have been a problem due to the luxury tax if Amare wasn't on the books.

    Lin is without a doubt a better point guard than Felton, Kidd and Prigioni. Why are you so concerned by Dolan paying the luxury tax? The 3/25 mil would have had ZERO impact on the salary cap. The Knicks are already over the cap.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    13,570
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NYLON View Post
    I can forgive James Dolan if letting Lin walk was due to the luxury tax. The Thunder were forced to trade James Harden because of the luxury tax, but it appears letting Lin walk was personal because the parties involved changed the offer at the last minute.

    I totally disagree that 3/25 mill is a ****ing joke for a 20 game sample player. Are you aware that a past his prime Amare Stoudemire is being paid $19,948,799 this year, $21,679,893 in 2013-14 and $23,410,988 in 2014-15 to come off the bench? Who has more trade value? Lin or Amare? The Rockets took a calculated risk on Lin's future production. Lin's best years are probably ahead of him, he is only 24 years old. Stoudemire's awful contract is the gift that keeps on giving. Matching Lin's offer sheet wouldn't have been a problem due to the luxury tax if Amare wasn't on the books.

    Lin is without a doubt a better point guard than Felton, Kidd and Prigioni. Why are you so concerned by Dolan paying the luxury tax? The 3/25 mil would have had ZERO impact on the salary cap. The Knicks are already over the cap.
    Amare was givent eh MAX after what 6/7 years in the league showing he can be the top dog on a team ? Yes its a bad contract now just likes Lin deal is at the moment till he proves otherwise.... I'm not turning this into another thread about Lin because this has NOTHING to do with Lin so I don't get why he had to even be brought up....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

    This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

    This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

    I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

    This is going to be a piece of cake.

    12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYLON View Post
    I can forgive James Dolan if letting Lin walk was due to the luxury tax. The Thunder were forced to trade James Harden because of the luxury tax, but it appears letting Lin walk was personal because the parties involved changed the offer at the last minute.

    I totally disagree that 3/25 mill is a ****ing joke for a 20 game sample player. Are you aware that a past his prime Amare Stoudemire is being paid $19,948,799 this year, $21,679,893 in 2013-14 and $23,410,988 in 2014-15 to come off the bench? Who has more trade value? Lin or Amare? The Rockets took a calculated risk on Lin's future production. Lin's best years are probably ahead of him, he is only 24 years old. Stoudemire's awful contract is the gift that keeps on giving. Matching Lin's offer sheet wouldn't have been a problem due to the luxury tax if Amare wasn't on the books.

    Lin is without a doubt a better point guard than Felton, Kidd and Prigioni. Why are you so concerned by Dolan paying the luxury tax? The 3/25 mil would have had ZERO impact on the salary cap. The Knicks are already over the cap.
    Jam..is that you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •