Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Merely trying to outscore the opponent

I love the fact that we rank second in Offensive Efficiency, but what happened to last season's defense that ranked fifth in Defensive Efficiency?

We are currently ranked a D'Antoni-esque nineteenth in Defensive Efficiency. Is it any wonder why we are 5-6 in the last eleven games? The Celtics look like they're heading in the right direction with the return of Avery Bradley.

I must give credit where credit is due; Mike Woodson finally got Carmelo Anthony to try on defense. That being said I think Woodson is getting a free pass over the defense this season. The New York media made him out to be Tom Thibodeau before the season started.

Although you can't make chicken salad out of chicken s@#&. Offensively, I love what Jason Kidd and Steve Novak bring to the table when used correctly, but they hurt us defensively. Amare Stoudemire's effect on defense negates his own offense. This cast of inept defensive characters makes life harder for Tyson Chandler.

Are we really pinning our defensive hopes on a player who suffered a torn ACL? That's a lot of pressure on Iman Shumpert.

Defensively, I like Marcus Camby and Ronnie Brewer starting, but there's not much firepower offensively. It's quite a dilema for Woodson. He's a defensive-minded coach, but the majority of salary cap money is invested in offensive-minded players.
    Last edited by NYLON; 01-09-2013 at 10:40 AM.

vCash
    Think he is going a pretty good job with us being 23-11 and all.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    When our rotation defense is good and everybody knows their assignments we are very good. When we dont do that usually teams score a lot of pts on us.

We can score the basketball...thats not a problem....the problem is the defensive consistency. We must remain consistent.

We may lose some defensive chemistry now that Amar'e is in the rotation due to his conditioning...same goes for Shump...same thing on the offensive side of the ball.

But like Woodson said....winning a championship is a process....you have to do things better when your implementing new things and other players. Like protecting the bb...making your Fts and keeping your cool.

Simple **** to help you win games.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    I think we need to be better. We are looking worse every game when we should be blowing out some teams. The Boston and LA game Im fine with. It's the Sacramento, Portland losses that frustrate me. With or without whoever some games should be wins. I expect us to win 3 of the next 4 if not all 4.

But hey one game at a time. Let's hope this team gets its composure back and Melo regains his shooting touch. I want to be at the top of our games come Jan 24th. I hope we crush Boston at the TD garden.

vCash
    I think we need to be better. We are looking worse every game when we should be blowing out some teams. The Boston and LA game Im fine with. It's the Sacramento, Portland losses that frustrate me. With or without whoever some games should be wins. I expect us to win 3 of the next 4 if not all 4.

But hey one game at a time. Let's hope this team gets its composure back and Melo regains his shooting touch. I want to be at the top of our games come Jan 24th. I hope we crush Boston at the TD garden.

vCash
    Knicks fans are never happy
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Well we have been waiting 40 years for a ring. Well Ive only been a fan for about 18 and damn its frustrating. We love our city love our team so let us ***** about them. lol

vCash
    Basketball like boxing is all about matchups. There are teams that the Knicks matchup well with like SA and Miami and there are teams they don't match up with like Houston. It all comes out in the wash and the Knicks will be there in the end as they have to be better than Miami and Boston and are pretty much there when full strength. It will be interesting at the trade deadline to see what teams will do to improve. The Knicks will stand pat and may add another big or guard if Sheed doesn't come back or Kidd goes down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Think he is going a pretty good job with us being 23-11 and all.....
    So I suppose the Knicks made the right decision to let Jeremy Lin walk with us being 23-11 and all? Imagine what our record would be if we played defense like we did last year!

Unfortunately for the Knicks, the NBA season is a marathon, not a sprint. How long are the fans going to live off the fast start? If Woodson doesn't right the ship on defense - and do it soon - you can kiss goodbye to a top four seed.

vCash
    felton going down hurts our defense because he would be on the quick guys now these pgs are flying by kidd and prigs, this is what is breaking down our defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Knicks fans are never happy
    Why settle for mediocrity? The whole point of tanking for two years was to evolve into a championship-caliber team not a bottom tier playoff team.

At the very least we should win fifty games and a playoff series. I have raised the bar since the season started. Fifty plus wins, an Atlantic Division title and an appearance in the Eastern Conference Finals now seems like a real possibility in a weak Conference. Unfortunately, we have come back to reality in recent weeks. The sleeping Eastern Conference giants have awoken. Perhaps I should lower the bar again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan1794 View Post
    felton going down hurts our defense because he would be on the quick guys now these pgs are flying by kidd and prigs, this is what is breaking down our defense
    Despite his atrocious field goal percentage, I agree that we miss Raymond Felton. Jason Kidd is much better suited for the two-guard position and Pablo Prigioni isn't capable of starting. Jeremy Lin would be SO great right now, but I digress.

I think that a backcourt of Felton and Shumpert could improve the defense, but how much will this impact the offense?

You might enjoy this video breaking down the Knicks from an X's and O's standpoint...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FTAWs3dy1g

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYLON View Post
    Why settle for mediocrity? The whole point of tanking for two years was to evolve into a championship-caliber team not a bottom tier playoff team.

At the very least we should win fifty games and a playoff series. I have raised the bar since the season started. Fifty plus wins, an Atlantic Division title and an appearance in the Eastern Conference Finals now seems like a real possibility in a weak Conference. Unfortunately, we have come back to reality in recent weeks. The sleeping Eastern Conference giants have awoken. Perhaps I should lower the bar again.

I agree and I think we are a championship conteder. After years as a bottom feeder I definitely appreciate seeing an 23-11 start #2 in the East.

There are some areas that need improving. To me it seems some of the Knicks have been drinking the Kool-aid just a little. It seems we think we are good enough to just show up and teams are going to lay down. During the first 15-17 games or so we came out with great energy and intensity in the first quarter. In half of those game the starters weren't even playing heavy mins because the game was basically over by the beginning of the 4th quarter.

We have earned the respect of the league do to the fast start so we are getting every teams "A" game. We are flat out not matching their intensity on a consistent basis.

The other issue is rebounding.. We can't continue to be out rebounded ranking near the bottom of the league. what is saving us is the fact we don't turn the ball over and we shoot a high percentage from 3. Im thinking playoffs and as the game slows down we aren't going to get the same open looks.

We have plenty of scoring.. I think STAT would just focus on defense and rebouding that would help tremendously! there is no reason for him to avarage less than 10 boards a game.

vCash
    Our defense was best last year with Shumpert and Chandler on the floor together... that is the key to us being GREAT defensively and that hasn't happened yet.

vCash
    No Shumpert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast