Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
    Slovenian source confirms Aron Baynes signing with San Antonio Spurs. 3 1/2 year deal. Last two years are team options. $400k buyout.
    Aron Baynes contract details (unconfirmed): 750k (prorated?), 750k, 2 million, 2 million. Last two years at Spurs options. Cheap deal for SA
    Aron Baynes is a long, chiseled center with a great work ethic. Tough. #1 rebounder in Euroleague. Limited skill-level. Fouls a lot. Project
    Deal makes a lot of sense for the Spurs. Pay 1 million to look at a potential backup for a year and a half. Very cheap option afterwards.
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Spurs working to complete buyout of Baynes. Emerging big man didn't play much in Olympics but Spurs' Brett Brown worked w/him as Aussie HC
    Last edited by kdspurman; 01-09-2013 at 12:41 PM.

vCash
    Djordje Matic: BREAKING NEWS: San Antonio Spurs closed to sign Aron Baynes, best center in Europe at the moment!!
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Key word; CHEAP

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    If anyone is traded it will be Blair. Even with the weight loss he still has a hard time getting off the ground. Salary dumping him for a 2nd rounder would probably be the best option.

vCash
    ^ You must really hate Blair. I can tell you really want him gone lol!

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Hate is an understatement..... him and Bonner tbh

vCash
    ^ + 1 on bonner.

I really don't hate or love DB; He showed signs his first few years but then dropped all of a sudden. Splitter has really responded well and the addition of Diaw was no help to his playing time.

I still believe we could get something nice in return for him.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Yes!! I'm sure it'll be a great signing, Spurs scouting is probably the best in the league honestly, always find the hidden gems.

Plus one thing this team needed was a big guy, hope this guy can fill that need.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    very very intersting, and finally a move by spurs

vCash
    So very happy with this deal. this also means Blair is on his way out
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

vCash
    this is great news. i hope he catches on quick. blair and bonner need a little motivation or a move on. if one of them is gone i'd say blair. at least bonner is absolutely demoralizing when he's on. it'd be so great to see a real big man defensive option off the bench.

vCash
    Did not even know the Spurs nearly traded Blair to the Heat last year

It’s no surprise that DeJuan Blair may be moved prior to the trade deadline on February 21. The San Antonio Spurs have been shopping him for quite some time, and nearly traded him in June. In the days leading up to the 2012 NBA Draft, the Spurs spoke to a number of teams about the 23-year-old big man. They nearly sent Blair to the Miami HEAT, but the deal fell apart. Now, San Antonio is once again shopping Blair and seeing what teams are willing to offer.
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs
    Last edited by kdspurman; 01-10-2013 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Did not even know the Spurs nearly traded Blair to the Heat last year
    I'm more shocked that the Heat wanted Blair last year.

Seriously though, I wonder who the Spurs were targeting? Maybe Shane Battier before the Jax trade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    I'm more shocked that the Heat wanted Blair last year.

Seriously though, I wonder who the Spurs were targeting? Maybe Shane Battier before the Jax trade?
    This was in June so we already had Jax. Maybe for a draft pick? I think Miami has Philly's future first round pick. I have no idea why they wanted him lol but if he got back to the old DeJuan he would surely help them on the boards.

vCash
    I think we need a little bit of realism and I try to be that voice sometimes. I really don't see this guy contributing much. From what I can tell he has never even been in an NBA camp. Is the slovenian league even that good? I say he gets some garbage minutes, but don't expect him to be a rotation player at all. I also don't think this guarantees a trade. His salary still keeps us under the limit (I believe) so why give up a bench big if we don't have to. In addition, Blair is maybe worth a high second. No one is going to give us more than we paid for him. So is that really worth it to the spurs? Why not keep him for insurance in case someone gets injured or the matchup call for a different look. Let his money come off the books at the end of the year and move on.

I hope this turns out well, but all signs point to this guy getting little to no playing time right now. When was the last time a european player came in mid-season to be a force on a playoff team. If that does happen, then I think our team is worse off than we currently assume.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast