Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Aron Baynes close to signing with Spurs?

He played for the Australian national team so with Spurs Assistant Brett Brown coaching that team, I'd imagine the system wouldn't be totally foreign to him. No official word on it yet, but once there is one will post. This would be great to get another legit 6'10-6'11 guy just to have some height when TD/Tiago go to the bench.

We all know how well the Spurs scout and let's just hope this turns out to be another gem they were able to find.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...the-spurs.html

Aron Baynes is close to signing a multi-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs, a source Told Sportando confirming the Tweet from Djordje Matic.
    Union Olimpija Ljubljana will get $ 400k buyout as for the Australian big man who averaged 13.8ppg and 9.8rpg in Euroleague this season. The Slovenian team is Already on the market looking for a replacement of Baynes.
    Aron Baynes continues dominance in Europe

Aron has been playing incredible in Europe with a huge game yesterday 19 points, 16 rebounds and 3 assists. Its only a matter of time till Aron is in the NBA, His manager Daniel Moldovan has confirmed that there is 2 NBA GM's following Aron very closely and I'm sure there would be a few more!
    Last edited by kdspurman; 01-09-2013 at 09:43 AM.

vCash
    Not a bad rep to have over in Europe

Djordje Matic: BREAKING NEWS: San Antonio Spurs closed to sign Aron Baynes, best center in Europe at the moment!

vCash
    Height w/o Shoes: 6' 10.5"
    Height w/shoes: 7' 0"
    Weight: 259 lbs
    Wingspan: 7' 2.5

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...es-5086/stats/

vCash
    Some Austrailian members from Spurs Talk seem pretty high on him. I'm just excited that this pretty much means the end of Blair!! :-D

His strengths should help us for sure though. Solid rebounder, can finish with authority around the rim (surprising athletic for his size), and a solid defender who is not afrid to bang down low.

Spurs must be high on him if they paid 400k+ for his buy out, plus gave him a 4 year deal. Hopefully the Spurs FO found gold again and he is exactly what we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Some Austrailian members from Spurs Talk seem pretty high on him. I'm just excited that this pretty much means the end of Blair!! :-D

His strengths should help us for sure though. Solid rebounder, can finish with authority around the rim (surprising athletic for his size), and a solid defender who is not afrid to bang down low.

Spurs must be high on him if they paid 400k+ for his buy out, plus gave him a 4 year deal. Hopefully the Spurs FO found gold again and he is exactly what we need.
    Yea, Blair has been disappointing to say the least. I feel like he's had so many chances to get back into the rotation but when he comes in, even in garbage time he has just been awful.

I'm glad to see good things about him from the Aussie's!

vCash

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    ^ I'm guessing this is the guy. Another big body won't hurt at all.

Does this mean DB might be on the move? What does this pick up really mean?

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    REPORT: SPURS TO SIGN CENTER ARON BAYNES
    Written by Jeff Garcia

According to Euro-step.net, the San Antonio Spurs will sign Australian center Aron Baynes to a multiyear deal.

Baynes, who was playing for Slovenia team Union Olimpija, is a 260 lbs., 7-0 center and played at Washington State during college (2005-2009).

While with Olimpija, he averaged 13.8 points, 9.8 rebounds, and shot 58% from the field in 26.2 minutes per game in the Euroleague. He also will bring defense to the team at the center spot as he currently ranks sixth in the league in rebounds and fourth in blocks per game.

Baynes has also played overseas in Lithuania (Lietuvos Rytas) , Germany (Oldenburg), and Greece (Ikaros Kallitheas B.C.) while also playing alongside Spurs’ point guard Patty Mills on the Australian National team since 2010. Having fellow countryman Mills on the team will definitely help ease his transition into the NBA.

In addition, Spurs’ assistant Brett Brown was also the Australian national team coach so he will also help Baynes transition and development into the NBA and he should be familiar with the Spurs' system considering Brown employed it while the Australian coach.

Baynes is pretty athletic as well. For a center, he have explosiveness and can get to the rim.

It will be interesting to see how he transitions into the Spurs but if he does, chalk up yet another steal from overseas by the Spurs. Not to mention, if Baynes does pan out, the Spurs will have finally addressed adding more size to the roster.

But what does this mean for other bigs on the roster such as DeJuan Blair or Boris Diaw?

What do you have to say Spurs fans?
    http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-art...on-baynes.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JjufElnd6_U

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    A tad bit overweight guys??? What do you think?

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTmz2 View Post
    ^ I'm guessing this is the guy. Another big body won't hurt at all.

Does this mean DB might be on the move? What does this pick up really mean?
    I'm not sure if they'd release Blair flat out or not, maybe someone would be interested in trading for him. Diaw has been up and down (more down). Bonner has been better than both imo when he's given time.

I mean he's a big dude, and at the very least insurance in case Splitter gets hurt. It'll be interesting to see, I know they left a roster spot open so maybe they just keep Blair tucked at the end of the bench.

Personally I think it'd be best for both parties if they parted ways sooner than later.

vCash
    A tad bit overweight guys??? What do you think?
    I dont know about overweight but he's a big boy. This is a video he doesn't look too heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-nP3k_PCM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I dont know about overweight but he's a big boy. This is a video he doesn't look too heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-nP3k_PCM
    Kevin Love body type.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Kevin Love body type.
    Yea that's a good comparison. I almost thought Marc Gasol at first, but he seems slimmer than that

vCash
    San Antonio have reportedly signed Australian big man and former Washington State Cougar Aron Baynes to a multi-year deal after buying out his contract with Olimpija Ljublijana for $400,000, according to www.talkbasket.net.

The 26-year-old, 7-foot (6-foot-10 without shoes), 260-pound center averaged 13.8 points per game and 9.8 boards with Olimpija last season. Baynes, a former teammate of Danny Green, is a big, physical center who could provide a nice complement to the Spurs' current bigs.

We haven't received official word from Spurs media relations, and the specifics aren't completely known, but we'll have more information has it comes along.

The signing potentially gives the Spurs more trade pieces as we get closer to the February deadline.
    poundingtherock.com

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    poundingtherock.com
    Interesting...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast