Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

24% of all laws passed by Congress were to rename post offices

I thought this deserved a thread of its own...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...0query.html%7C

If you look, it was 47 of the 150 laws passed by Congress.

Can it get any worse????

vCash
    Well i'm of the notion that fewer laws the better. So this taking up so much time in congress is a good thing for me.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Well I'm of the notion that post offices need better names so this sounds like a wise use of time to me.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Well i'm of the notion that fewer laws the better. So this taking up so much time in congress is a good thing for me.
    not sure if serious...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    not sure if serious...
    Nope dead serious. Yes there are times when we need them to make laws. But I'm all for less time in Washington so they dont' get bored and start making laws. Which I think is what is happening with renaming post offices. Few laws the better in my eyes.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Nope dead serious. Yes there are times when we need them to make laws. But I'm all for less time in Washington so they dont' get bored and start making laws. Which I think is what is happening with renaming post offices. Few laws the better in my eyes.
    I always thought you were much more conservative than libertarian.

The question I have is that if you don't want these people making new laws, how do we achieve changes that I think some of which you'd agree are necessary? Even if you want to improve existing law, that involves passing legislation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    I always thought you were much more conservative than libertarian.

The question I have is that if you don't want these people making new laws, how do we achieve changes that I think some of which you'd agree are necessary? Even if you want to improve existing law, that involves passing legislation.
    Get better people? Not real sure. I get what you are saying, and I'm not claiming to have any answers. I just believe most of the laws made or horrible, so a simple solution for me is less laws! And i'm a conservative at least what the conservative party used to be known for less government less laws etc.

vCash
    Get better people? Not real sure. I get what you are saying, and I'm not claiming to have any answers. I just believe most of the laws made or horrible, so a simple solution for me is less laws! And i'm a conservative at least what the conservative party used to be known for less government less laws etc.
    Fair enough.

The only time Congress seems to agree on anything, it's passing horrendous laws(Patriot Act, NDAA, a blank check for limitless empire-spending), so you'd want to reduce the laws passed from these people. That, and passing laws that are a complete waste of time and effort. So I totally see your side as well.