Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 123
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    34,079
    vCash
    1500

    RG3 has complete tear of ACL and LCL; 6-8 months recovery time

    The final diagnosis appears to be in for Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III.

    According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Griffin will undergo “total reconstruction” surgery early Wednesday morning to repair complete tears to his ACL and LCL. Dr. James Andrews will perform the surgery and he is expected to miss six to eight months. Mortensen reported at 1:03 a.m. ET that the surgery would take place in “about six hours” placing the actual time of the surgery somewhere around 7 a.m. ET.


    Griffin left Sunday’s Wild Card game against the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth quarter after his right knee bent awkwardly trying to reel in a poor snap. It was already expected that Griffin was going to undergo surgery for at least partial tears of both ligaments but the extent of the damage appears to be greater than first thought.

    The timetable of the injury could mean Griffin is ready to go in time for training camp in late July or that he could still be sidelined when the season begins in September.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...acl-lcl-tears/

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The SCO
    Posts
    21,307
    vCash
    1500
    Hopefully the Redskins don't rush RGIII's recovery. He's the face of their franchise and it would be foolish to bring him back when he isn't ready/completely healed.

    He's fun to watch and I hope he comes back stronger and better....oh and wiser.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    14,697
    vCash
    1500
    Mmm saw that

    So next season could be in jeopardy as far as PT huh? Good thing they drafted Cousins. If Griffin is out for a portion of the season and Cousins performs well, they could get a nice draft pick for him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,828
    vCash
    1500
    Since when is a complete tear of your acl and lcl a 6 month recovery? Has that not always been a year plus or have AP and wes welker re-written the book here? And his 2nd tear of the same knee?? 6 months seems way optimistic.
    Last edited by Jetsguy; 01-09-2013 at 06:44 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Since when is a complete year of your acl and lcl a 6 month recovery? Has that not always been a year plus or have AP and wes welker re-written the book here? And his 2nd tear of the same knee?? 6 months seems way optimistic.
    That's exactly what the doctor referenced on ESPN so I'm guessing that is the new norm. It makes sense: as time goes on rehab methods are improved.

    Also, it's more likely 8 months than 6.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    26,586
    vCash
    1500
    8 months will put him right at the start of the season. If he can get himself ahead of schedule, he might not miss more than 2-4 games. This isn't as bad as I thought, though I do want them to remain cautious.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    720
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    8 months will put him right at the start of the season. If he can get himself ahead of schedule, he might not miss more than 2-4 games. This isn't as bad as I thought, though I do want them to remain cautious.
    Geez Bull, you thought it would be even worse than this? This is dreadful, awful ****ing news. I understand all the arguments and considerations, and believe me, I was wanting and hoping for success as much as anyone...but, I'm convinced that he should have been pulled at HT, and said so at the time. We'll never know what difference that would have made and I'm certainly not claiming that we 'would have' or even 'might have' won - that's irrelevant - purely from the point of view that this boy is intended to be our meal ticket for the next decade or longer, he should have been pulled out earlier.

    I'm sick about this and can only hope for as miraculous a recovery as AP showed was possible after this kind of surgery.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    Damn that sucks. Hope he has a speedy recovery. He and Morris put Washington back on the map.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    LA 2 Da Bay
    Posts
    5,043
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    That's exactly what the doctor referenced on ESPN so I'm guessing that is the new norm. It makes sense: as time goes on rehab methods are improved.

    Also, it's more likely 8 months than 6.
    Yeah but Mendenhall missed something like 10 months just this year, and to my knowledge, he hadn't torn his acl before. Percy Harvin missed 7 games with a high ankle sprain.

    I really don't see Griffin taking hits in 6-8 months. I could see doing throwing drills in TC, but that's it.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    redsksins fans rejoice! RG3 is now going to be the MVP next year if he goes to doctor/magician who treated AP
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    redsksins fans rejoice! RG3 is now going to be the MVP next year if he goes to doctor/magician who treated AP
    Ah, yeah
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    34,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Geez Bull, you thought it would be even worse than this? This is dreadful, awful ****ing news. I understand all the arguments and considerations, and believe me, I was wanting and hoping for success as much as anyone...but, I'm convinced that he should have been pulled at HT, and said so at the time. We'll never know what difference that would have made and I'm certainly not claiming that we 'would have' or even 'might have' won - that's irrelevant - purely from the point of view that this boy is intended to be our meal ticket for the next decade or longer, he should have been pulled out earlier.

    I'm sick about this and can only hope for as miraculous a recovery as AP showed was possible after this kind of surgery.
    Honestly, a tear might have been better than a sprain. Every person is obviously going to heal and rehab differently, but Urlacher had a simple PCL sprain in the last game of the season last year and it nagged him all the way through training camp since he didn't know whether to just rehab, get it scoped or do something else.

    Granted Urlacher is 34 and RG3 is 22, but sometimes getting surgery is a better option.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,873
    vCash
    500
    This is one of then worst injuries an athlete can suffer, and it's his 2nd time, 6-8 months is a joke. Redskins are trying to save face and keep fans optimistic,

    Well see a dumbed down weaker version of rg3 in 2014 if he's lucky.

    The LCL or acl by itself is a 8-10 month healing process at best most of the time, with both of them torn who knows.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    204
    vCash
    1500
    I understand it was a playoff game and they wanted the guy in but risking the long term of the franchise was a mistake. After he came up limping before the half they should have pulled him out. I am not a skins fan but I feel bad for the fans that have waited a long time for a franchise qb.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,828
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX:25028927
    This is one of then worst injuries an athlete can suffer, and it's his 2nd time, 6-8 months is a joke. Redskins are trying to save face and keep fans optimistic,

    Well see a dumbed down weaker version of rg3 in 2014 if he's lucky.

    The LCL or acl by itself is a 8-10 month healing process at best most of the time, with both of them torn who knows.
    That's what I thought, especially the 2nd time! I bet he misses half the season.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •