Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    vCash
    still this Line up woulda been pretty good in the east

Lowry/lucas
    derozan/ ross
    Gay/ Anderson/fields
    Davis/ kleiza
    Val/ Johnson/gray

Amnesty Barg's in the off season and target a decent pg to be our third stringer to add pg depth... That could be a top 4 team in the east

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    still this Line up woulda been pretty good in the east

Lowry/lucas
    derozan/ ross
    Gay/ Anderson/fields
    Davis/ kleiza
    Val/ Johnson/gray

Amnesty Barg's in the off season and target a decent pg to be our third stringer to add pg depth... That could be a top 4 team in the east
    still a 6-8 seed at best in the East when they are hitting their stride. Gay is not going to take us over the edge and make the Raps a great team. You just have to remember that.

vCash
    like someone said on the last page, they are shooting high and hoping someone pays their price. i can still totally see Davis and Calderon getting it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    like someone said on the last page, they are shooting high and hoping someone pays their price. i can still totally see Davis and Calderon getting it done.
    I don't think it gets it done. Considering they are losing a wing player, they probably want Ross moreso than Ed Davis. If they can get a guy who can shoot it from the outside with Randolph and Gasol playing high low/ interior, I think they would not miss Gay.

vCash
    ^ i can live with that
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Pick up Gay and trade Davis. Sign Millsap in the off-season.

vCash
    Ross and Valanciunas are untouchables for me. Both of those guys have a good chance at becoming better than Rudy Gay.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    A sure sign they're worth keeping is the immediate league interest in their rookie years. When's the last time we had rookies attracting trade talk?

If any of these three get us a deal OK:

Bargnani
    Calderon
    DD

But otherwise, please no trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    A sure sign they're worth keeping is the immediate league interest in their rookie years. When's the last time we had rookies attracting trade talk?

Bargnani
    Calderon
    DD

You'd be okay with trading DeMar for Rudy?
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash

Bargnani
    Calderon
    DD

Agreed. When we're giving away talented players on rookie contracts we'll just end up with baggage.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    When we drafted Ross I expected one of them to go eventually and I know he's green so far but I'd go with Ross if I could choose.

vCash
    Actually, that could work out for us. And then you would start Ross at SG and Gay at SF. We all know Demar's game is geared more for the SF position but he lacked the size to play it.

vCash
    When we drafted Ross I expected one of them to go eventually and I know he's green so far but I'd go with Ross if I could choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Actually, that could work out for us. And then you would start Ross at SG and Gay at SF. We all know Demar's game is geared more for the SF position but he lacked the size to play it.
    I disagree with that sentiment. It is clear from my posts that I am not sold on Ross, but that is beside the point. It has taken four year for DeMar to develop any semblance of consistency. For me, that consistency is harder to give up than Ross' potential.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    I don't think it gets it done. Considering they are losing a wing player, they probably want Ross moreso than Ed Davis. If they can get a guy who can shoot it from the outside with Randolph and Gasol playing high low/ interior, I think they would not miss Gay.
    Last I heard, they were looking to trade Randolph as well. It makes a lot of sense given his age, and his contract. Also, I definitely think they will miss Gay in the long run. Regardless of the criticisms of him, he is pretty important to their team mainly because he has the inside/outside game. They will not fare well with just a pure shooter and there aren't many good consistent starting SF's in the league available now.

They will definitely take a step back, in which case it would probably make sense to get rid of Randolph too for younger players and draft picks.

vCash
    I disagree with that sentiment. It is clear from my posts that I am not sold on Ross, but that is beside the point. It has taken four year for DeMar to develop any semblance of consistency. For me, that consistency is harder to give up than Ross' potential.
    what consistency has Derozan shown? a jumpshot? if its not going for him, he's a liability on the court. Look at his last few games or the entire season so far. He is all over the place with his contribution. I would hardly call this consistent. Again, he's taking 15 shots to average 17 points.

The only thing I could say he is consistently inconsistent as of so far.

If I had to choose Demar/Ross going foward, I would be inclined to say Ross (greater skillset)

If I had to choose Gay/ Demar, I would say Gay (better scorer, go-to option, plays a position the Raptors never had a strong player in, and easier to find a SG or use one we have right now - Anderson, Ross etc)
    Last edited by koreancabbage; 01-16-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast