Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    I think Gay just needs a change on scenery. Whatever team he ends up on it wouldn't surprise me if he started playing better.
    Yaow, king!!! You're from Rex?

Adversaree & Phat Tony Present: Super Emcee

GameBreaker aka Adversaree aka Anakin Slangwalker:PioneerGang
    http://adversareepioneergangmusic.ba...-barz-sinister
    Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvth...ture=g-all-lik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    Step back and critically think about what Ross is. Do you believe he will be better in his career than Rudy Gay? I don't see Ross as anything more than a spot up shooter, and average defender. Teams have already started shutting him down by forcing him to take contested jumpers. He does not currently possess the dribble moves to get into the paint, nor the strength to handle the contact when he does get into the paint.

Hitting a few three pointers should not automatically make you an untouchable. Have to give up assets to get assets.
    Yeah because players never improve or attain new skills.

He's being coached to be a spot up shooter but he can be so much more than that. He's already a top 50 defender statistically and an efficient finisher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    What I meant was that it'll never happen. If they wanted to dump salary, they'll just trade Gay for picks, an expiring and a SF to go along with that. Zach Randolph isn't going anywhere and they don't need Ed Davis. With the majority of our players still tied to long term contracts, we don't have any assets that they'll necessarily want.
    You could be right, the Zach part may not happen. I just mentioned that because I was referencing what happened with the Blue Jays blockbuster moves(it started with a one player interest that ended up to a multiplayer trade). One ownership, same business philosophy.

However I believed that the Calderon for Gay and pieces may have legs.

That 10 million expiring would be hard to resist for new ownership avoiding the lux penalty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    You know the Blue Jays actually gave up some high upside young talent in their deal with the Marlins right?

But it is a lowsy comparison to make regardless, as the two sports operate entirely differently.

If you are going to go here, at least throw names like Davis, DeRozan and/or Ross in the mix instead of Kleiza and Amir.

Bargnani, Calderon, Davis, DeRozan for Randolph and Gay wouldn't be quite as much "out there"
    I wanted to throw in Derozan/ Ross and Ed in that major deal but I am expecting repercussions from the loyal fan base. Lol.

vCash
    I have to go, damn can't work anymore.

Please don't beat this horse to death .

I'll catch up later.

vCash
    I'm scared!!!

I know we need a SF but at the expense of young talent... Do we really need Gay that bad... Bargs and Calderon are the 2 that should be in trade talks not our young guns that are producing and still getting better.

Seriously guys I'm scared

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Yeah because players never improve or attain new skills.

He's being coached to be a spot up shooter but he can be so much more than that. He's already a top 50 defender statistically and an efficient finisher.
    O/T: What statistical package do you use?
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    You could be right, the Zach part may not happen. I just mentioned that because I was referencing what happened with the Blue Jays blockbuster moves(it started with a one player interest that ended up to a multiplayer trade).

However I believed that the Calderon for Gay and pieces may have legs.

That 10 million expiring would be hard to resist for new ownership avoiding the lux penalty.
    Yeah but the Jays gave up youth. A more apt comparison would be if we gave up Jonas Valanciunas and Terrance Ross.

That 10 million expiring isn't really hard to resist. A lot of teams have expiring contracts or are under the cap to facilitate larger contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    He's the #1 option on one of the best teams in the league, who play in the West. I could easily see him exploding a la James Harden if he played for Toronto.

Not a great first-30 games this season, but career above 45% FG. He's not always efficient, but he's an effective scorer and makes us significantly better.

That said, I probably wouldn't give up Ed Davis at this point... but I'd probably give up anyone on the team other than Val, Ed and maybe DeMar for him.
    I see this too. This year would be a career low in fg% for him if he kept this pace. I think hes just had a slow start and he will come around as the season goes on. If anything this probably works in our favour in a trade scenario as his value is probably lower right now than it actually should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    O/T: What statistical package do you use?
    Synergy. He's 48th overall, 80th in isolation plays and 35th on close outs.

His offensive stats are pretty bad but indicate that Casey is using him as a spot-up shooter more than anything else as the majority of his shots taken are long 2s and 3s. He's a great finisher though. What's interesting is that the majority of his shots taken inside are created by himself and aren't assisted.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 01-09-2013 at 12:13 PM.

vCash
    Before the season, if this deal was offered to us, us fans would have jumped all over it no doubt... Trading our back up PG and our backup PF (who was seeing about 15 mins a game) ??? Hell Yah!

Obviously things change a bit now seeing as ed davis is playing better but It definitely is a had deal to pass up. On the other hand its a hard deal to make...

I am 50/50 myself and would be happy either way.. Im a half glass full type of guy so I'll see the positives either way.

We can think of it this way. Would you rather have Derozan or Ed Davis? People wanted to trade derozan and calderon for gay pre season but now thats changed because Ed Davis swaps in for Dero??

vCash
    I'm more ok with Davis being traded than Ross... We have a lot of PF's already so I can live with that but SG/SF who loads of potential who's having a great rookie year (when given minutes)...

Why!?!?!

If I don't hear Calderon and Bargs for potential trades I'm not really interested.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Synergy. He's 48th overall, 80th in isolation plays and 35th on close outs.

His offensive stats are pretty bad but indicate that Casey is using him as a spot-up shooter more than anything else as the majority of his shots taken are long 2s and 3s. He's a great finisher though. What's interesting is that the majority of his shots taken inside are created by himself and aren't assisted.
    Thanks, thinking about purchasing it myself. His defence has probably been his best contribution this season.

From the eye test Ross mainly gets the ball off of those screens along the baseline in a curl formation. Similar to Jason Terry in Dal.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    If there were inter-sport trades, we should propose Gay for Dickey.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    This is an except from an article about fantasy basketball but it relates to what I said above

"But when I looked into Gay's averages, I saw that he's actually taking slightly more shots (16.6 field goal attempts per game) this season than he did last year (16.4 FGA) or the year before (16.1 FGA). In fact, his across-the-board box score stats are eerily similar this year compared to last. From free-throw percentage, rebounds, assists, turnovers, steals, and blocks, he's essentially been the same player. Just about the only difference, in fact, is that last year Gay shot 45.5 percent from the field (after shooting 47.1 percent in 2011), while this year he is shooting only 41 percent for the year and 39.5 percent for the last month. The entirety of Gay's drop off in scoring and the rankings is tied to his drop in FG%.

The lower shooting percentage could fit with the story that the Grizzlies aren't featuring Gay this year like they did last year, so I decided to dig a bit further. I went over to 82games.com and checked out Gay's shot selection and assisted rate for this season as opposed to last season. But once again, the data didn't support my hypothesis. Gay's shot chart breakdown is again very similar from year to year. This year he's actually shooting slightly fewer jump shots (75 percent of his shots) than he did last season (77 percent of his shots), and he's been setup off of assists in a slightly higher percentage of his shots this year (48 percent of shots assisted) as opposed to last season (44 percent of shots assisted). He's even hitting his jump shots at a similar rate this year (41.9 percent effective field goals) compared to last year (42.9 percent EFG). The main difference in his shooting over the two seasons, when you look in depth, is that last year he made 64.9 percent of his inside shots (defined as "close," "dunk," or "tips"), while this year he's only making 54.9 percent of his inside shots.

So, what does all of this tell us about Gay? He's playing the game overall at the same level as he did last year. He's taking the same shots that he took last year; he's just had more trouble finishing around the rim this year. And when you look at Gay's entire career, including last season, you see that Gay is currently shooting far below his norm from the field. His 41 percent FG would represent a career low mark, more than four percent below his career average. Add it all up, and to me it's starting to look like Gay just had some bad luck shooting the ball early on. If I had to bet, I'd say that he will revert to his career mean as the season progresses, meaning that he'll likely shoot at least 45-48 percent from the field over the next few months to get back to his expected value. I didn't expect this when I started this article, but the data suggests to me that Gay actually makes a good buy-low candidate for the rest of the season.

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast