Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    If the Grizzlies do that, their GM should be fired.
    Just like what I responded to Tmath, the decision like this would come from Grizz new ownership. It would be beyond the GM's pay grade IMO. A major cost saving move for Memphis trying to avoid the lux penalty.

Its more on BC if this does not pan out.

You already know my stance, I go for Gay. If we also get Zach then it will just blow my mind.

vCash
    Ed Davis makes no sense either.

They are deep at the PF position as it is.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Just like some of the Blue Jays trade, it started with a query then it escalated to a blockbuster.

Maybe it will start with Gay and end up us getting Gay and Zach.

As I mentioned in the trade thread...

Gay/Zach/Wroten

For

Bargs/Calderon/Kleiza/Amir

financially it does make sense for the Grizz, with the expiring contract of Calderon, this prevents them from paying the lux penalty in 2-3 years.

For us, we will cross the bridge when we get there. Not my money so why would I care. Colangelo's career defining moment again.
    I wouldn't mind getting Chris Paul for Landry Fields, Aaron Gray, and 2 drums of Gatorade. I would also like to be a cowboy from Arizona or a pimp from Oakland, but it's not Halloween. Come on...that would go down as one of the worst trades of all time and Memphis' GM would get fired 3 times if he did that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Yes.

You have to look at his base of skills to build off of. Elite NBA athleticism & great shooting mechanics with a decent handle + good Bball IQ. Just because he's not Shammgod with the handle doesn't mean that he won't be able to attack the basket in the future.
    agreed. And nice touch with the shammgod reference......bring it back to the old school!

vCash
    Just like what I responded to Tmath, the decision like this would come from Grizz new ownership. It would be beyond the GM's pay grade IMO. A major cost saving move for Memphis trying to avoid the lux penalty.

Its more on BC if this does not pan out.

You already know my stance, I go for Gay. If we also get Zach then it will just blow my mind.
    At the cost of possibly missing playoffs? They can get better pieces for Zach Randolph. He's essentially their best player.

If the ownership does this, they'll lose their entire fan base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    he's already shown he's better than a spot up shooter and an average defender. He's shown us catch- and- shoot, shimmy-break-down crossover move from right to left where he can get off his own shot, and he's shown the can get to the basket at times. He's a rookie who is getting acclimated to the NBA style of play and contact.

Actually, he has shown more in his rookie year than Derozan or Gay, which is promising as the Raps has a lot to work with and Ross can grow into that player. I think in Ross' prime, he's a 20+ ppg scorer.
    This is what I'm thinking....

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney23 View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting Chris Paul for Landry Fields, Aaron Gray, and 2 drums of Gatorade. I would also like to be a cowboy from Arizona or a pimp from Oakland, but it's not Halloween. Come on...that would go down as one of the worst trades of all time and Memphis' GM would get fired 3 times if he did that.
    Nice jokes. I agree with you but as I said, its the Grizz ownership not the GM that will dictate this kind of move.

vCash
    At the cost of possibly missing playoffs? They can get better pieces for Zach Randolph. He's essentially their best player.

If the ownership does this, they'll lose their entire fan base.
    Their loss will be our gain. Rogers are already thinking about what it meant for the Blue Jays fans after those blockbuster moves. Now they want to emulate this with their other team that they own.

vCash
    Their loss will be our gain. Rogers are already thinking about what it meant for the Blue Jays fans after those blockbuster moves. Now they want to emulate this with their other team that they own.
    Do you have inside sources or is this your opinion?
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    Step back and critically think about what Ross is. Do you believe he will be better in his career than Rudy Gay? I don't see Ross as anything more than a spot up shooter, and average defender. Teams have already started shutting him down by forcing him to take contested jumpers. He does not currently possess the dribble moves to get into the paint, nor the strength to handle the contact when he does get into the paint.

Hitting a few three pointers should not automatically make you an untouchable. Have to give up assets to get assets.
    Thanks for not flipping out some people lose it when I tell them to put the pipe down (It's all in good fun). I'm not down with trading a Rookie unless it's for a big star Rudy Gay isn't an all star or anything I'd rather see Ross develop but you are correct that you can't get assets without giving some up (which I'm good with) but just not our potential for the future unless it's for someone with talent like James Harden or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    What I meant was that it'll never happen. If they wanted to dump salary, they'll just trade Gay for picks, an expiring and a SF to go along with that. Zach Randolph isn't going anywhere and they don't need Ed Davis. With the majority of our players still tied to long term contracts, we don't have any assets that they'll necessarily want.

In all honesty, Phoenix can provide a much better package than we can.

vCash
    What I meant was that it'll never happen. If they wanted to dump salary, they'll just trade Gay for picks, an expiring and a SF to go along with that. Zach Randolph isn't going anywhere and they don't need Ed Davis. With the majority of our players still tied to long term contracts, we don't have any assets that they'll necessarily want.
    Why wouldnt they want Ross? They have no long term SG on the roster and Allen is old and expiring. We also have a great expiring contract that is playing great ball in Jose, who's is a natural fit behind Conley.

We easily have the assets to get this deal done if we wanted to.

vCash
    Just like some of the Blue Jays trade, it started with a query then it escalated to a blockbuster.

Maybe it will start with Gay and end up us getting Gay and Zach.

As I mentioned in the trade thread...

Gay/Zach/Wroten

For

Bargs/Calderon/Kleiza/Amir

financially it does make sense for the Grizz, with the expiring contract of Calderon, this prevents them from paying the lux penalty in 2-3 years.

For us, we will cross the bridge when we get there. Not my money so why would I care. Colangelo's career defining moment again.
    You know the Blue Jays actually gave up some high upside young talent in their deal with the Marlins right?

But it is a lowsy comparison to make regardless, as the two sports operate entirely differently.

If you are going to go here, at least throw names like Davis, DeRozan and/or Ross in the mix instead of Kleiza and Amir.

Bargnani, Calderon, Davis, DeRozan for Randolph and Gay wouldn't be quite as much "out there"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    Step back and critically think about what Ross is. Do you believe he will be better in his career than Rudy Gay? I don't see Ross as anything more than a spot up shooter, and average defender. Teams have already started shutting him down by forcing him to take contested jumpers. He does not currently possess the dribble moves to get into the paint, nor the strength to handle the contact when he does get into the paint.

Hitting a few three pointers should not automatically make you an untouchable. Have to give up assets to get assets.
    This! We'd be extremely fortunate if Ross becomes as good as Rudy Gay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Why wouldnt they want Ross? They have no long term SG on the roster and Allen is old and expiring. We also have a great expiring contract that is playing great ball in Jose, who's is a natural fit behind Conley.

We easily have the assets to get this deal done if we wanted to.
    They want a starting small forward, we don't have one.

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast