Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    Calderon + Ross + Fields. Get it done.
    Trade Ross are you crazy he's been playing good when given time and he's a rookie...

Listen bro --> PUT THE PIPE DOWN!!! DO IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    I don't like Davis or any young assets to be included in this deal... I like what Davis has been doing with starter minutes. We need a SF but not at the cost of our young up and comers.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    He's the #1 option on one of the best teams in the league, who play in the West. I could easily see him exploding a la James Harden if he played for Toronto.

Not a great first-30 games this season, but career above 45% FG. He's not always efficient, but he's an effective scorer and makes us significantly better.

That said, I probably wouldn't give up Ed Davis at this point... but I'd probably give up anyone on the team other than Val, Ed and maybe DeMar for him.
    I don't understand why everyone keeps comparing this situation to Harden's. Harden is a ridiculously efficient player that was held back by playing time. Gay has averaged almost 40 minutes a game for the last 4-5 seasons and he has struggled to maintain an above average PER.

In addition, Memphis isn't winning because of their offensive prowess, they're winning because they're an elite defensive and rebounding team. Neither of which Gay contributes to. So in reality, saying Gay is the no.1 option on a top team doesn't really mean anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    Trade Ross are you crazy he's been playing good when given time and he's a rookie...

Listen bro --> PUT THE PIPE DOWN!!! DO IT!!!
    Step back and critically think about what Ross is. Do you believe he will be better in his career than Rudy Gay? I don't see Ross as anything more than a spot up shooter, and average defender. Teams have already started shutting him down by forcing him to take contested jumpers. He does not currently possess the dribble moves to get into the paint, nor the strength to handle the contact when he does get into the paint.

Hitting a few three pointers should not automatically make you an untouchable. Have to give up assets to get assets.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    Step back and critically think about what Ross is. Do you believe he will be better in his career than Rudy Gay? I don't see Ross as anything more than a spot up shooter, and average defender. Teams have already started shutting him down by forcing him to take contested jumpers. He does not currently possess the dribble moves to get into the paint, nor the strength to handle the contact when he does get into the paint.

Hitting a few three pointers should not automatically make you an untouchable. Have to give up assets to get assets.
    Yes.

You have to look at his base of skills to build off of. Elite NBA athleticism & great shooting mechanics with a decent handle + good Bball IQ. Just because he's not Shammgod with the handle doesn't mean that he won't be able to attack the basket in the future.
    Last edited by gwrighter; 01-09-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    No, Davis is performing too well with the minutes the Raptors are giving him right now, so I'm pretty sure most of us would like to see where he is headed. If anything do a Bargs + Calderon for Gay + filler (idk if they have any) to even out contracts and I'm in.

vCash

he's already shown he's better than a spot up shooter and an average defender. He's shown us catch- and- shoot, shimmy-break-down crossover move from right to left where he can get off his own shot, and he's shown the can get to the basket at times. He's a rookie who is getting acclimated to the NBA style of play and contact.

Actually, he has shown more in his rookie year than Derozan or Gay, which is promising as the Raps has a lot to work with and Ross can grow into that player. I think in Ross' prime, he's a 20+ ppg scorer.
    [IMG][/IMG]

vCash

Wow !!!

Just like some of the Blue Jays trade, it started with a query then it escalated to a blockbuster.

Maybe it will start with Gay and end up us getting Gay and Zach.

As I mentioned in the trade thread...

Gay/Zach/Wroten

For

Bargs/Calderon/Kleiza/Amir

financially it does make sense for the Grizz, with the expiring contract of Calderon, this prevents them from paying the lux penalty in 2-3 years.

For us, we will cross the bridge when we get there. Not my money so why would I care. Colangelo's career defining moment again.

vCash
    Smells like another treadmill move to me.

A package of Calderon, Kleiza, and ONE of Davis or Ross will get the deal done, but why should we help the Grizzlies avoid the lux tax when we're taking on the most long-term salary in the deal? If we can't get a JJ-Brooklyn type of deal done, then I'm stepping away from including any young assets. Not to mention the redundancy in the starting rotation..

Lowry
    DeMar
    Gay
    Bargs
    Val

You have a scoring PG, a scoring SG, a scoring SF who likes to iso/chuck and an almost exclusively scoring PF who also like to chuck. It just seems like a bad match the more I think about it; then you consider the $19 mil in two years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post

A package of Calderon, Kleiza, and ONE of Davis or Ross will get the deal done, but why should we help the Grizzlies avoid the lux tax when we're taking on the most long-term salary in the deal? If we can't get a JJ-Brooklyn type of deal done, then I'm stepping away from including any young assets. Not to mention the redundancy in the starting rotation..

Lowry
    DeMar
    Gay
    Bargs
    Val

You have a scoring PG, a scoring SG, a scoring SF who likes to iso/chuck and an almost exclusively scoring PF who also like to chuck. It just seems like a bad match the more I think about it; then you consider the $19 mil in two years...
    Pretty much.
    Is a bad fit.
    Gay is one of the most overhyped players in the league.
    He isnt efficient at all.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post

Lowry
    DeMar
    Gay
    Bargs
    Val

100% agree. worst deal ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash

He is being coached to be a spot up shooter.

Remember when Derozan was a rookie? thats all he did, and he wasn't even good at it.

Ross has an elite first step and is much more explosive than Derozan. In time you will see him drive more, but right now, thats not what Casey is asking for.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    He is being coached to be a spot up shooter.

Remember when Derozan was a rookie? thats all he did, and he wasn't even good at it.

Ross has an elite first step and is much more explosive than Derozan. In time you will see him drive more, but right now, thats not what Casey is asking for.
    I think that is where I disagree with many people here. I just don't see him developing into that type of player. I hope I am wrong. But to me, he isn't a valuable piece going forward.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    It's interesting that Raptors Nation are torn about this...

Pro Gay vs. Anti-Gay lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Just like some of the Blue Jays trade, it started with a query then it escalated to a blockbuster.

Maybe it will start with Gay and end up us getting Gay and Zach.

As I mentioned in the trade thread...

Gay/Zach/Wroten

For

Bargs/Calderon/Kleiza/Amir

financially it does make sense for the Grizz, with the expiring contract of Calderon, this prevents them from paying the lux penalty in 2-3 years.

For us, we will cross the bridge when we get there. Not my money so why would I care. Colangelo's career defining moment again.
    If the Grizzlies do that, their GM should be fired.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast