Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    You can't be serious
    he's not an all star. and he isn't bringing his team over the top, who is a contender. what makes you think this same guy is going to help the Raps get anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    Calderon + Ross + Fields. Get it done.
    Nope. Get it done another way or don't get it done at all.

I don't want to see any more of you young assets being shipped off. And yes I understand you have to give up assets to receive assets but I would rather stay the course than absorb that type of contract if it means giving up Ross or Davis.

**EDIT**
    Unless of coarse we can get rid of Bargs for another serviceable young asset who could contribute to the team. I just think having Rudy and Bargs' contracts on the books at the same time is not good for the organization.
    Last edited by dayman; 01-09-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Dishing out some love...and droppin dimes

"If I was in the parking lot I'd jack him up"
    - Jack Armstrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayman View Post
    Nope. Get it done another way or don't get it done at all.

I don't want to see any more of you young assets being shipped off. And yes I understand you have to give up assets to receive assets but I would rather stay the course than absorb that type of contract if it means giving up Ross or Davis.

**EDIT**
    Unless of coarse we can get rid of Bargs for another serviceable young asset who could contribute to the team. I just think having Rudy and Bargs' contracts on the books at the same time is not good for the organization.
    Gay is just 26 years old. He is about to enter his prime.

I just posted in the trade ideas thread about potentially shipping Bargs off to Houston for Patrick Patterson, Royce White/Toney Douglas.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash

I just posted in the trade ideas thread about potentially shipping Bargs off to Houston for Patrick Patterson, Royce White/Toney Douglas.
    yea he's 26, but he has that massive contract that comes with him, which may deter any future moves the organization is going to make.

However, I don't think Calderon and Davis would get it done.

vCash

See that's a trade I would like.

Obviously I would like Rudy on the team. But proceeding with any trade involving his contract while Bargs is still on the team or thinking they can coexist is a mistake.

I just hope if BC pulls the trigger on any type of Gay trade, he also has something in place to get rid of Bargs aswell.

Dishing out some love...and droppin dimes

"If I was in the parking lot I'd jack him up"
    - Jack Armstrong

vCash
    i'm gonna be sick. hell no.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    Well Rudy Gay would bring a defensive edge to the team. We'd finally after all these years have a decent wing defender. If it's jose and Ed, I don't mind too much. Ed's value is pretty high right now and i'm not certain that he can sustain it in the long run.

My only problem is this, Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Andrea and Jonas... 4 of the starters are completely iso players. There's not gonna be a lot of ball movement which is likely gonna be a problem.
    He's extremely inconsistent. He has the tools to be a decent defender, but he doesn't use them on a night to night basis.

Not interested.

vCash
    You can't be serious
    He's a terrible defender and the fact that he can't get it done with two of the league's best perimeter defenders is just pathetic.

vCash
    I find it hard to believe that the Griz would do a deal around Calderon and Davis with picks. First of all... They are making an effort on a run this year, I know there is tax involved but they don't need to dump a Rudy Gay salary to get under the lux. Toronto is offering another starting calibre PG to the list of: Conley,Bayless, wroten, and pargo. You also take away the starting SF for them leaving only one player, Pondexter, suitable for the position. We also get another SF to the list of: AA, Fields, Kleiza. To compound the trades imbalance at depth chart, we loose Davis at PF and are left with Acy and Bargs. They need to take a Klieza back to make up for the rediculous contract Gay has.

I just don't like the mix of players in this deal. The only positive is we do get better and probably make the playoffs which saves the OKC/lowry pick this year.

vCash
    I do not want to give up Ed Davis just to get back Rudy Gay. Gay is too expensive and Ed is showing a lot of promise this season. only way I would want to do this deal is if we somehow flip Barg's into a serviceable big.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    I find it hard to believe that the Griz would do a deal around Calderon and Davis with picks. First of all... They are making an effort on a run this year, I know there is tax involved but they don't need to dump a Rudy Gay salary to get under the lux. Toronto is offering another starting calibre PG to the list of: Conley,Bayless, wroten, and pargo. You also take away the starting SF for them leaving only one player, Pondexter, suitable for the position. We also get another SF to the list of: AA, Fields, Kleiza. To compound the trades imbalance at depth chart, we loose Davis at PF and are left with Acy and Bargs. They need to take a Klieza back to make up for the rediculous contract Gay has.

I just don't like the mix of players in this deal. The only positive is we do get better and probably make the playoffs which saves the OKC/lowry pick this year.
    We can't even give any future picks until OKC gets their pick. Calderon and Davis simply won't get it done.

vCash
    Gay is a terrible defender? Who are you comparing him to?

vCash
    Gay is a terrible defender? Who are you comparing him to?
    He has the physical tools to get it done but he's just not a good defender. Maybe it's the way he's coached since he has players like Allen and Conley on his team.

vCash
    I would much rather have Ed Davis and our own picks than have Rudy Gay.

I like Gay, but who plays PF if we do this deal? I think we're keeping Bargs if they make this deal and that makes me cringe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    no it wouldn't. He's average at best. plus he comes with a superstar contract for a role player's game.
    He's the #1 option on one of the best teams in the league, who play in the West. I could easily see him exploding a la James Harden if he played for Toronto.

Not a great first-30 games this season, but career above 45% FG. He's not always efficient, but he's an effective scorer and makes us significantly better.

That said, I probably wouldn't give up Ed Davis at this point... but I'd probably give up anyone on the team other than Val, Ed and maybe DeMar for him.

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast