Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,126 to 1,139 of 1139
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    With Gay and Lowry on the court how often do you think Ross will see the ball? The author's point is that Ross is a lot like Rudy Gay and if BC had the patience OR JOB SECURITY to wait for him to develop he would find that out.
    by that time gay will be a huge expiring contract and if ross is ready to fill those shoes then by all means he will get his chance.

between AA, fields, and earlier in the season pietrus, ross was basically just fighting for minutes anyways. not like caseys rotations have been helping the progression of ross much. i think he could be doing more where that is concerned. b.c and casey both made it clear that making it to the post season is the goal so more experienced guys like AA are getting more burn then ross. but now were gonna cry if gay gets those minutes ?

maybe now we get a tighter rotation and more defined roles and ross will learn plenty from guys like gay, AA, and even derozan.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-30-2013 at 07:55 PM.

vCash
    you are right though S&W. part of my disappointment with this deal is based on things that may not come to pass. if Bargnani comes back from injury and goes right to the bench that will go a LONG way to making me feel better about this. A LONG WAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Another good article with a lot of doubts about the deal ...

Before Bryan Colangelo took over in 2006, interim GM Wayne Embry traded Jalen Rose in a move that saved the Raptors a lot of money down the road. Colangelo cited that deal as something that made the Raptors job more attractive to him — it gave him more leeway to put his stamp on the team.

Any deal that adds future salary would potentially accomplish the opposite.
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...n-for-raptors/

vCash
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Maybe a top 50 list of players isn't the way to build a team.
    Never was my point now was it??
    I was just stating the fact of the talent we finally have on this team.
    But I'll be glad to see you quote a post where I say we should build a team of having top 50 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you're making some good sense here today ink
    Ya figured you couldn't handle the challenge
    It's cool I wasn't expecting you to anways I knew you wouldn't be able to prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    They're both top 5 defenders and are the defensive anchors for Memphis.
    Ya I guess with that same logical thinking, Avery Bradley is better than Rudy Gay to.

for the record Eagles ESPN had Gay at 37, Lowry at 51 and Bargnani at 57(58?) when the year started. don't think any of them would be ranked as high if they re-polled the experts as of now. that could change though, surely.
    N Derozan should not have been far behind, but if my math is correct that would be 4 players in the top 100??

Oh lookie lookie who as usual wasn't talking **** out of their ***. I do my research and work son before posting, you don't become a great poster posting **** that's pulled out of your rear end.

How far of could they have fallen if at all, your assuming that other players also maintained their rankings or have been just as good.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    it's easy to doubt any deal from colangelo b/c the wins/losses have not been there.

but this trade is a win. sold high on ed, bought low on rudy.

he only has 2 years left on his deal.

let's say it blows up in our face and doesn't work out.

after next season, gay + bargs + fields + amir all become expiring contracts. so a new gm in the future won't be handcuffed.

there are more deals on the horizon.

memphis - lol...talk about being cheap. the team is 29-15 and they made a move b/c of luxury tax. imagine being a fan of their team and just trading away your starting sf from team usa?

ed davis is stuck behind zach and gasol. he's skinny and can't guard the position. any legit pf has had an easy go of it against him. warriors thoroughly exposed him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    would you stop fooling around and come celebrate wit eags tmatics and i ... cmon lets see your rudy gay two step black jo

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    3 in top 65.. Hows that average?

The Pacers have the same thing and the Knicks who are near the top have 3 players in the top 65 too.

Guarantee you wouldn't be able to name 100 players better than Bargs. You'd be reaching after the 70 area and that's me putting it loosely.
    I probably would get tired naming so many players...

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    I like Colangelo switching from collecting PFs to Small Forwards

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    oh **** man i hope it works. i'm just not a fan of using 2 of the things that were working to do it.
    imagine we actually move bargs for a guy like okafor now ? plus i have faith we will get deeper at the pg positino this offseason. maybe calderon or someone else but i think we will sign a better back up pg.

i know there is a small part of you that is excited to see what gay can do on this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    imagine we actually move bargs for a guy like okafor now ? plus i have faith we will get deeper at the pg positino this offseason. maybe calderon or someone else but i think we will sign a better back up pg.

i know there is a small part of you that is excited to see what gay can do on this team.
    This actually makes our bench better and come playoff time next year if we make it. We can easily cut our bench down to 8 or 9 guys. We can always have one of Dero, Gay, Lowry on the floor at all times..

We just need to add big man depth somehow

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    you are right though S&W. part of my disappointment with this deal is based on things that may not come to pass. if Bargnani comes back from injury and goes right to the bench that will go a LONG way to making me feel better about this. A LONG WAY.
    best case scenerio is that bargs comes of the bench with ross & fields. trust me this will make very very happy. even happier if we can move him in the offseason..

vCash
    I loved Ed and Jose, both played really hard everytime they were on the court, so it sucks losing them. But I understand why BC would do this. First of all, his job is on the line lol. But it's also pretty tough to acquire a player with the talent like Rudy Gay when your team is not good. He's still in his prime, and I feel that this move could motivate him into realizing how much potential he actually has. I'm really excited to see how this new team plays.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Please continue the conversation in the new thread as this one is well over 1000 posts. Thank you.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post
    it's easy to doubt any deal from colangelo b/c the wins/losses have not been there.

but this trade is a win. sold high on ed, bought low on rudy.

he only has 2 years left on his deal.

let's say it blows up in our face and doesn't work out.

after next season, gay + bargs + fields + amir all become expiring contracts. so a new gm in the future won't be handcuffed.

there are more deals on the horizon.

memphis - lol...talk about being cheap. the team is 29-15 and they made a move b/c of luxury tax.
    imagine being a fan of their team and just trading away your starting sf from team usa?

ed davis is stuck behind zach and gasol. he's skinny and can't guard the position. any legit pf has had an easy go of it against him. warriors thoroughly exposed him.
    They made the move because they weren't going anywhere. They've been at the same plateau for years and it's largely because players like Gay weren't and aren't game changers.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576