Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Unless we're very surprised by some magical new sense of chemistry, this is the beginning of the end for BC. This looks like perhaps his worst deal ever atm.
    Really ink? I respect your judgement but I can't see it that way.

I see it as a step by the ownership to spend up to the lux limit.
    I see a top 6 SF on our team who can finish the last shot

I will be unhappy too if Bargs comes back and plays the same... But I honestly think Casey ran too many plays for Bargs and Casey is as much to blame as Bargs is. Bargs can move the ball, IMO he wasn't asked to.

Also, there's always my hope that Bargs will be moved for gasol.

We need another bUp PG.... Soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    The reaction I'm seeing is the SAME as when Jonas was first drafted, when Terrence Ross was first drafted. Too much pessimistic thinking on this forum. There's so much potential for this group to shine. Losing Ed sucks, but he wasn't THAAAAATTTT good. I mean he's pretty damn good, but he's replaceable. I think Memphis fans are more pissed than us, think about it.
    You're making it sound like Val & Ross are sure things. They have potential, but the jury is still out. And for the record, people wanted Walker/Knight at the time because we needed a PG. We still don't have an uncontested PG.

We might have had a better understanding by now if we didn't have a turnover of half the roster each season.
    Last edited by magikmc; 01-30-2013 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    with how well amir has played lately he should start
    Who do you have starting at C? Where's the depth? JVal isn't even back from injury.

vCash
    Welcome back Bargnani is what this deal means to me. It's basically the only thing it means to me. Gay is not enough of an upgrade to justify this stupid deal.
    Damn, we have to keep watching primo pasta commercials! I'm sad to see Ed go but a young asset had to go to get any deal done. barg has no upside and nil for value so unless BC pulls a rabbit out of a hat or simply uses amnesty we are stuck with him. I'm crossing my fingers and hope andrea can go from piss poor defender and rebounder to a mediocre defender and rebounder that's about as high as i could wish for.

vCash
    This.
    Two years ago, he shot 47%... Wouldn't call that inefficient.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    calm down everybody.
    last year we would have thought this is the best deal ever.
    ed davis not progressing and finally getting rid of calderon. sign us up.
    but now ed is having a good year where gay is having a bad one.
    give it time i think rudy can get it together.

we have needed a sf for ever and we finally have one. this is good
    go home raptors, you're drunk

vCash
    Gay celebration in Toronto?

vCash
    Isn't this also a good thing in the sense who would of ever thought the Raptors would trade for a salary like that. Meaning money might not be as big a problem as most of us think. So we could see more moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    You're making it sound like Val & Ross are sure things. They have potential, but the jury is still out. And for the record, people wanted Walker/Knight at the time because we needed a PG We still don't have an uncontested PG.

We might have had a better understand by now if we didn't have a turnover of half the roster each season.
    I wasn't referring to the players themselves, i'm referring to the reaction. First it was all "omg worst draft pick ever Raps will never be good" and now it's all like "i'm so excited to see what Ross/Val are gonna do, they have such bright futures"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    would it make more sense 4 memphis to trade 4 aa whocan fill in 4 rudy and is getting paid in nickels?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Gay celebration in Toronto?
    Pride parade is in the summer.

vCash
    What the hell is the point of this line up:

Lawry
    Demar
    Rudy
    Barg
    Jonas

There is no point of Bargs still being on this team with the trade because he will give away 20 points when he is in the line up specially as starter.

Get Davis in there and he rebounds and plays D, this is what the point that people are missing out.
    I dont need bargs to score 26 points with Lawry Rudy and Demar there. Bargs is trigger happy get him out of there. Also cannot pass.

vCash
    Who do you have starting at C? Where's the depth? JVal isn't even back from injury.
    Enter the Olympic hadaddi!

vCash
    I love how at the start of the season everyone was ray: 'ing for Rudy Gay, now that we got him everyone is pissed? I thought we were gonna trade Lowry, this is a good team guys, and fields and Gays contract ends the same year, so that's big money
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Really ink? I respect your judgement but I can't see it that way.

I see it as a step by the ownership to spend up to the lux limit.
    I see a top 6 SF on our team who can finish the last shot

I will be unhappy too if Bargs comes back and plays the same... But I honestly think Casey ran too many plays for Bargs and Casey is as much to blame as Bargs is. Bargs can move the ball, IMO he wasn't asked to.

Also, there's always my hope that Bargs will be moved for gasol.

We need another bUp PG.... Soon.
    I don't see any good BASKETBALL reasons in there to like this deal. I don't really agree that Gay is a big enough upgrade to justify this deal. At first glance it's just truly brutal. I see Gay, Bargnani, and Lowry all getting in each other's way with no one to hold the team together. I also see all the progress Casey has made toward building a cohesive unit to have been flushed down the toilet. If I was this coach I think I'd be incredibly pissed. It looks like the GM went over the coach's head to ensure that Casey has to start both Bargnani and Lowry, against his wishes.

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast