Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    I agree this idea is not as bad as it may sound, but not because I feel hes going to produce less just because I dont believe he will be here next year because of what his contract demands will be. Someone out there will give him 5-6 mill a year for 2-3 years and we cant even compete with that because we dont have his bird rights

Would I sign him for 3 years 14-15 mill yes. Can we offer him that? No

If we could get Tyreke Evans for him Idd do it in a second

The only problem is, is his contract value is so low right now itd be hard to get anything for him wed have to include someone else

When he walks next year like Gerald Green did the same people against this trade will be calling for billy kings head
    I mean depending on what is being offered you are right it would be wise to trade him. However as i understand it any team that wants him will have to pay him more than the Wizards are in order for him to have any monetary reason to leave. He is getting his full Wizards contract right now and cannot earn more than that unless he is offered a bigger contract than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    I think after yesterday's incident, there aren't going to be a lot of GM's out there making a serious effort to bring him in. Washington is still giving him amnesty payments, so I believe the Nets will re-sign him at the vet min, and then sign him for the long-term out of bird rights in the 2014 offseason.

How is he a luxury? You ideally want a productive back-up center, or just a productive bench in general, that will come in and provide a spark, maintain your lead, give your starter's a rest, etc. Blatche gives you that, and that is the perfect role for him. He's not the best defender to be starting.

i see it as a luxury because how many backup centers are that skilled?

he can dribble, shoot, rebound, and good on both ends. the reason he wasnt signed by anyone is his personality. nobody ever questioned his talent. it was his action, as we saw this week. things like that are scaring teams.

i believe he could start on some teams in this league and i would easily consider him top 5 center off the bench. many centers, starters or backups, are usually known for their D.

the fact that the center position for the nets never takes a dip defensively throughout the whole game is great.

also, i hope the nets can retain him. i see somebody offering him more though. hopefully he stays because overall, he is making 8 figures every year from the wiz regardless. i just dont see if though. if he stays with tele, thats a great front court rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash

I am NOT a Blatche Fan

Blatche has been hitting his stride all year...he has been very good.
    But, In all honesty...I have seen him play much better.
    I believe,,,,,he will get much better than he is playing now...
    He is young and has not reached his prime and he is applying himself.
    I would not trade him unless I was getting someone like Drummond
    or Cousins....Vucevic or a similar talent.....
    I would include him in a D Howard trade if the lakers asked for him..but
    would not offer him...I would rather give up Lopez and Humphreys
    for Howard.,,,and start Howard and Blatche....and take the NBA Championship

vCash
    At this point I can see Blatche leaving not because of dollars but moreso because of minutes. He has earned more and isn't getting them. More emphasis needs to be put on having him and Lopez playing at the same time. He Should be closer to 30 mins a night then 20.
    Scott Stevens: "Luck is a combination of hard work and perseverance, I tend to think that I make my own luck"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imagesrdecievin View Post
    At this point I can see Blatche leaving not because of dollars but moreso because of minutes. He has earned more and isn't getting them. More emphasis needs to be put on having him and Lopez playing at the same time. He Should be closer to 30 mins a night then 20.
    I dont think Blatche is quality starter material I like him off the bench, but if he leaves for mins and goes to a bad team he will be more of what he was in washington

vCash
    Blatche has no trade value. They found picture of a drugged stripper on his cell phone and date rape drugs in his room He did not rape her but he will at least have some charges on him. Who wants that Public relations nightmare on their hands. As far as Basketball goes, the Nets just got Blatche for the minimum for the remainder of his original Washington Contract because no one will use a midlevel exception on him.

vCash
    We wouldn't get anything of value for him.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    I mean depending on what is being offered you are right it would be wise to trade him. However as i understand it any team that wants him will have to pay him more than the Wizards are in order for him to have any monetary reason to leave. He is getting his full Wizards contract right now and cannot earn more than that unless he is offered a bigger contract than that.
    That is actually not true. An article was released last month that explained this on Nets Daily. If he is signed to the mid-level exception, he gets the full Wizard contract with an 80% offset. Therefore, 20% of the contract is his. Therefore a 5mil contract would offset 4 mil to the wizards and one mil in his pocket. This year he got 300k in his pocket from the his Nets contract. Judging by his recent off the court issues, I doubt he is in any diversified annuities and every little bit counts so he will chase the money. However, no one will spend 5 mil on him after what has transpired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    I dont think Blatche is quality starter material I like him off the bench, but if he leaves for mins and goes to a bad team he will be more of what he was in washington
    as long as our coach keeps Blatche hustling and taking good shots he is absolutely starting material.

He may be more helpful to us off the bench because of our lack of scoring on the 2nd unit - but with the way he's been playing he'd be a starter on half the teams in the league.
    Scott Stevens: "Luck is a combination of hard work and perseverance, I tend to think that I make my own luck"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imagesrdecievin View Post
    as long as our coach keeps Blatche hustling and taking good shots he is absolutely starting material.

He may be more helpful to us off the bench because of our lack of scoring on the 2nd unit - but with the way he's been playing he'd be a starter on half the teams in the league.
    I think he thrives off the bench playing short spurts and providing a boost. I think if he started, he would pace himself and be the same player he was for the past 5 years. I think it would be a big risk for a GM on another team to pencil him in as his starting 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    I think he thrives off the bench playing short spurts and providing a boost. I think if he started, he would pace himself and be the same player he was for the past 5 years. I think it would be a big risk for a GM on another team to pencil him in as his starting 4.
    hes clearly hungrier off the bench starting him would not help the nets or any team that would make him a starter

vCash
    What a stupid thread. Probably started by a knicks fan.

vCash
    why trade blatche? the guy has been huge and putting up career numbers. he is quick, athletic, can drive to the basket, can even shoot mid range shots pretty consistently. What also suprised was how well he can handle the ball for a big. He really is a tough matchup for any big because of his athleticsm and ability to get to the basket and finish. plus it makes it even harder to guard him because they have to respect his outside shot. the only question was attitude and motivation but he seems to be flourishing on the nets, loves being here and is only going to get better and better. you can't deny how talented the guy is. almost anyone is tradeable if the right deal comes along but i highly doubt the nets would get anything of value for him.

vCash

I've gotta

question this. Wasn't Blatche pretty effective when he was starting at the 5 while Blo was out? I haven't looked it up but if memory serves well he had a pretty good run even though the Nets were losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post

vCash
    We got the win - so it's water under the bridge, but PJ missed an opportunity to get Blatche more minutes last night. Even though it wasn't his(Blatches) best night - when Hibbert got into foul trouble and Vogel switched Hibbert to 'defending' Reggie Evans that would have been a perfect time to sub in Blatche.

Indy wouldn't have been able to hide Hibbert and Blatches extra length could have helped to cool off West(who looked incredible last night).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast