Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    It doesn't matter about his ceiling. We did not sign Blatche because he had potential. We signed him because of what he is which is a talented scorer with athleticism and passing skills. Anything else he develops for us is just gravy. He gets paid little money off the bench for us.

With this rape crap teams will stay even more clear of him than before. We have a legitimate shot at keeping him
    But what's his value going forward? He's been suberb for the vet min, but I don't trust him for a long term deal.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    It's not a terrrrible idea. I think he's playing at or near his ceiling.
    Right, but what says this isn't his ability when focused? We shouldn't trade him just cause he might decline.

vCash
    But what's his value going forward? He's been suberb for the vet min, but I don't trust him for a long term deal.
    I agree.

Now if we tried offering him a 1 or 2 year extension right now and he said no? Okay THEN we trade him, I just don't agree with trading him for the simple reason that he MIGHT decline.

vCash
    U know nothing about basketball of u think we shud trade him..pure idiocy

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    ive been suggesting this for a while now. blatche is unbelievable off the bench and a luxury. the problem is after the year, he will command more money and rightfully so. hes worth more than the vet minimum. i dont see us retaining him bc of money issues. hopefully im wrong though.

thats also why, unless we upgrade at PF, i want to keep hump to backup the center position next year until we trade his expiring contract. he will have more value then bc a team will not have to pay him as much money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by njnets View Post
    ive been suggesting this for a while now. blatche is unbelievable off the bench and a luxury. the problem is after the year, he will command more money and rightfully so. hes worth more than the vet minimum. i dont see us retaining him bc of money issues. hopefully im wrong though.

thats also why, unless we upgrade at PF, i want to keep hump to backup the center position next year until we trade his expiring contract. he will have more value then bc a team will not have to pay him as much money.
    I think after yesterday's incident, there aren't going to be a lot of GM's out there making a serious effort to bring him in. Washington is still giving him amnesty payments, so I believe the Nets will re-sign him at the vet min, and then sign him for the long-term out of bird rights in the 2014 offseason.

How is he a luxury? You ideally want a productive back-up center, or just a productive bench in general, that will come in and provide a spark, maintain your lead, give your starter's a rest, etc. Blatche gives you that, and that is the perfect role for him. He's not the best defender to be starting.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    You don't want to end up like the Celtics, who held onto KG, Pierce and Rondo too long, and will probably not getting returns from them. There gonna get too old, and be too late to trade them for a great price.

Blatche is probably worth more on this team, unless another team offers up a good deal and you use him as a trading deal to bring in someone sweet.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    Dre is the kinda "luxury" that most teams would die for. He has been a difference maker for the Nets this season. Not totally by himself but combined with Brook the center position has been well manned this year. I'm kinda on board with the thinking he's pretty much peaked out as far as offense goes but I think he still might improve defensivly and there's nobody else on the team that fills the backup 5 spot as well as Dre has this year. I like buying low and selling high but Dre might just be the difference maker in a playoff series.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    I don't think his value with other teams is still anything much.
    What would we even get trading him.
    He's been excellent for us, ride it for as long as it lasts, then move on.
    He's not an asset.

vCash
    I don't see us getting anything of value for him since he'd be a rental for a team.

vCash
    If you find a player posting a 22+ PER with a 1.5 million dollar contract, sure man!
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    It's not a terrrrible idea. I think he's playing at or near his ceiling.
    I know you are not the only one saying this, but the shoe fits! He is definately a solid player and he is playing outstand ball. If he is at his ceiling or close to it I think I am good with that. What hitting a ceiling doesn't mean is now he is going to bounce down. He might be playing years at the 'round what he is playing right now. He will probably get game that are way above what you would expect and some poor ones, but by no means should we expect that everything will come crashing down unless his attitude changes. I think we hold onto him unless something great comes along.
    Ballin-

vCash
    its not the worst idea. he has been our 6th man as of late. he should embellish that role. but he has the most value outside of dwill jj and lopez imo. whoever he goes to needs to be able to give him a decent contract tho.
    BBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKLLNNNNNNNNNNNNN

vCash
    I agree this idea is not as bad as it may sound, but not because I feel hes going to produce less just because I dont believe he will be here next year because of what his contract demands will be. Someone out there will give him 5-6 mill a year for 2-3 years and we cant even compete with that because we dont have his bird rights

Would I sign him for 3 years 14-15 mill yes. Can we offer him that? No

If we could get Tyreke Evans for him Idd do it in a second

The only problem is, is his contract value is so low right now itd be hard to get anything for him wed have to include someone else

When he walks next year like Gerald Green did the same people against this trade will be calling for billy kings head
    Last edited by Rique; 01-10-2013 at 01:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oracle86 View Post
    First, I would love to say that as a nets fan, I love what I am seeing out of Blatche. He may have been one of the best/luckiest pick ups I have ever seen in the NBA. Who has seen Blatche ever play this well before? Not me...
    So here is my reason why he should be traded. His gas is going to run out meaning, he is eventually going to hit a stride at some point. I say trade the man while he's hot in a package deal and get someone valuable in return
    He is actually this good. It's the reason he got the huge contract in WAS. No need to trade him. In WAS he was just immature, hard to do that on this team with a roster full of veterans.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast