Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Why would other teams want Rip, unless we take back a worse contract than his? He is not dependable, and no one wants to take on whats left of his salary to watch him sit in street clothes unless we give them some financial relief. And there is no way we trade him and take on a worse contract.

He is valuable to us if healthy. Would still like to see him and Rose play together in the playoffs, if that is possible. We make a trade for a big guy you know how Thibs is. Unless the big guy is really good he will just sit there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    What Red said. I mean you don't go out and say yeah we are trading him. They will listen to the calls and if one entices them, I think they pull the triger.
    I agree with this. They're not going to say "we're trying to get rid of him". They went with the neutral politically correct option. "Great player, we want him, yada yada yada" but they did also mention if something comes along that can significantly change the team, then they will consider it.

He's not on the block but if the right offer comes along, why not?
    2010 - The Year of the Rose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Why would other teams want Rip, unless we take back a worse contract than his? He is not dependable, and no one wants to take on whats left of his salary to watch him sit in street clothes unless we give them some financial relief. And there is no way we trade him and take on a worse contract.

He is valuable to us if healthy. Would still like to see him and Rose play together in the playoffs, if that is possible. We make a trade for a big guy you know how Thibs is. Unless the big guy is really good he will just sit there.
    For a team looking to get rid of a player that doesn't fit their system, Rip would be an option because their goal is cap space vs quality player. his contract is not that bad considering it expires in less than 6 months.

vCash
    Would love to have one of the Knicks big man vets to back up Noah. Any one of Kurt Thomas, Camby, or Rasheed would have done. And Thibs would have been comfortable playing one those guys 15-20 minutes a game. How did they get all 3 of those vets and we get only Nazr?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbar View Post
    For a team looking to get rid of a player that doesn't fit their system, Rip would be an option because their goal is cap space vs quality player. his contract is not that bad considering it expires in less than 6 months.
    If the other teams goal is cap space it means we need to take on a longer term or worse contract. I can't see the Bulls doing that.

vCash
    Ha, I can see the headline now, RIP - RIP

later RIP, whenever it comes
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    I am hearing Denver wants to trade for Rip and is dangling Mozgov.

Orlando also wants him too.
    Mozgov sounds good

vCash
    IF they can keep Rip and add a backup center then I'd be thrilled. God forbid SG be a position of strength and depth at some point during Rose's career. The backcourt would end up rather crowded but if they just split minutes between Marco and Rip I'd be happy with that. Now PG needs some cleaning up though.

No more Rose? When is football season again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    There are reports that we might be looking to add donte green. Now if we sign him ya'll can kiss rip goodbye. Sorry if I misspelled something I'm on my way to my morning class.
    Based on what? He's a forward trying to comeback after fracturing his ankle. I don't see how his possible addition means anything for Rip.

vCash
    I'd take Rip for Mozgov in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Based on what? He's a forward trying to comeback after fracturing his ankle. I don't see how his possible addition means anything for Rip.
    Because we would be adding more salary to already a deep backcourt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    If the other teams goal is cap space it means we need to take on a longer term or worse contract. I can't see the Bulls doing that.
    if we get a player we want for two years for the same salary, we'll be fine.

vCash
    Ugh. I say just stop giving Rip playing time and we have the solution. He looks awful. Idc if we get another big. Just please move Rip down the roster.

vCash
    Haha, now that's taking it to the extreme. We do see ALOT of bad play from rip but he is still a solid player and still a great midrange shooter. I'm all for trading him too but I'm a realist at the same time and I know that rip can help out until rose comes back.

vCash
    lol man i've been hearing gortat is really unhappy in phoenix, if we could trade rip and a 1st round(ours not charlottes) for gortat . it might work because phoenix also wants rudy gay while its rumored memphis wants dudley n alot of 1st round picks. Heck i'd even love rip for scola
    go bears go bulls go cubsray: go blackhawks(new fan) go spurs

ninja rap haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7dt0Wscpc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast